Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Tyler has played just 17 games. He has been put in starvation corner as a small forward when he is clearly a midfielder. As for his kicking, he is a beautiful kick both feet and rarely wastes it. I encourage you to watch him closely live. I just hope he gets his chance as a midfielder.

Reactions: 4 users
Needs to be able to win his own ball if he wants midfield minutes.

Reactions: 2 users
It's a problem we have -- the guys who can win their own ball can't kick it, and the guys who can kick it can't win their own ball.

Reactions: 1 users
He might have good skills but doesnt look like he has the strength to play in the middle at the moment. Needs to hit the gym.
Mcauliffe has already gone past him.

I encourage you to watch him closely live. I just hope he gets his chance as a midfielder.
This is the thing mole, when you see these guys live (especially when you are close to them) you get a different perspective. I have watched him closely this year in 4-5 live games and he is actually a very good distributor and every now and again you see this little bit of extra time good players seem to have.
I also would like to see him play more time as a mid.

Reactions: 4 users

Was played as a midfielder against the Dogs and had 9 contested possessions out of 17. Didn't use it well that night but this belief that he can't win his own ball is a myth.

He is very weak in his core strength, unlike Daicos who has exceptional core strength.

Only young so can build core strength over a 3 to 4 year period.

He has found some footy tonight, and a bit stiff to hit the post twice.
Set shot miss a shocker though.

Sonsie just needs confidence. When he feels like he has a spot at the level, he will be very useful.

He's getting to the right spots and created a few opportunities for others. If he'd kicked straight he'd have 3 goals and we'd be singing his praises.

Sad to say, but what a nothing footballer… his draft drop was clearly warranted