What gets these 2 over? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What gets these 2 over?

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
If a player is contracted & he has come out & stated the club of his choice, yes they will want decent return, but for it to be so open etc they already know they need to release him

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I can't see us having a pick in this year's draft and I think unless we trade out we will have our 2nd pick next year at pick 36.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
We usually get deals done early on in the trade week, we're pretty fair, we targetted these two, and know what they'll cost us.

I'd like to somehow keep the Norf second rounder, but think that we got it in for exactly this scenario.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Need to take a leaf out of Geelong's book with Cameron and do whatever it takes. Nothing worse than a club that lands a player and then can't get the deal done.
We are not like that. We are one of the best clubs to deal with.

Reactions: 1 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Don’t think the player will be Soldo. Giants are getting the ruckman from Freo, Lloyd Meek (203cm)

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We want the players, they nominated us, we're going to have to pay a hefty price. You don't go after quality players in their mid 20s and expect to pay peanits. Richmond are well run these days, not stupid, likely to cost 12, 19 and 30 as well as 2023 first pick and maybe a player. That's life, a fair number of fringe players I would not like to lose but it might just be the price we need to pay.

You do the deal, you pay the price, that's ok, we knew this before we went after them.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I'd sooner trade Nank than Soldo.

Though I think we need both. I have a horrible feeling Nank's cooked.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Just read that Jason McCartny is similar to Dodoro and a prick to deal with.
He kept Hill last year after he wanted out.
It will be interesting
Can't be difficult otherwise they'll have cap problems.
Deal has been done already.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Trade 19 and 30 to Brisbane for 13, on-trade that with Ralphsmith and maybe Soldo if we really have to for Taranto.
Trade next year's first for Hopper.
Keep pick 12 and draft Isaac Keeler.
Win 7 of the next 10 flags.
There is no way we get Taranto and Hopper and still hold onto our first picks in the 2022 and 2023 drafts.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
If it is Soldo they want, what's the going rate for a team's second ruck? Pick 30ish?

Soldo's a premiership ruckman who's held down the number 1 spot for significant periods when Nank was injured. And a good clubman who upholds training standards and is not demanding a high wage like Grundy etc, so you could argue he's worth the equivalent of a pick in the 20s when working out what picks we have to give up to land Space Hopper and Taz.

12, 30, Soldo, F1, with some later picks back to us is more than fair. We keep 19.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'd be hanging onto Soldo to be honest.

Nank is injury prone and the RFC needs a competent second ruck.

Soldo will be in better nick physically after another pre season and I'm tipping he will return to his 19 and 20 output.

Ryan aint ready yet.

Id rather trade RCD or Hugo or Dow even 2 of the 3.

RCD, Hugo and Dow are worth almost nothing tradewise.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I just showed you the way to keep one of them.
Yeah I know but can't see it happening. Even if we do that Brisbane deal the Giants will want both picks. They will want 2 first rounders for each player. They won't get that for both but they probably will for one of them; with something later coming back to us. If we get both players I can't really see us having a first round pick in the next two drafts.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah I know but can't see it happening. Even if we do that Brisbane deal the Giants will want both picks. They will want 2 first rounders for each player. They won't get that for both but they probably will for one of them; with something later coming back to us. If we get both players I can't really see us having a first round pick in the next two drafts.
Their cap is bust. In the same situation Collingwood traded Treloar for a future second-rounder. And we won't even ask them to pony up $300k a year for the privilege.

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
Do GWS really want a player in a trade? It’s a salary dump for them. I think they’d be pretty content with picks and it sounds like they’re getting an absolute haul. Gives them huge flexibility to manage their cap and trade up in the draft

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
As @spook noted, getting Pick 13 from Brisbane could unlock all doors here. This is in exchange for Pick 19 & 30

On a points value - Pick 13 is worth 1212. Whilst picks 19 & 30 are worth 1577.

Assuming a bid a pick 1 comes for Ashcroft, they will need all the points they can get.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Their cap is bust. In the same situation Collingwood traded Treloar for a future second-rounder. And we won't even ask them to pony up $300k a year for the privilege.
The difference here is Collingwood were shipping out Treloar and he was reluctant to go whereas we've chased Hopper and Taranto and they want to come.

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
As @spook noted, getting Pick 13 from Brisbane could unlock all doors here. This is in exchange for Pick 19 & 30

On a points value - Pick 13 is worth 1212. Whilst picks 19 & 30 are worth 1577.

Assuming a bid a pick 1 comes for Ashcroft, they will need all the points they can get.
Yeah
Where wheeling and dealing

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
The difference here is Collingwood were shipping out Treloar and he was reluctant to go whereas we've chased Hopper and Taranto and they want to come.

Mate I reckon they’re looking for property in 3121 as we speak