Whats the funniest | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Whats the funniest

WJP

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2003
VIC
I was just wondering whats the funniest comment you've heard called out at the footy by a spectator.
The one that always sticks in my mind was a richmond v adelaide match in the late 90's when a young kid yelled out "hey Mc Leod the only touch you're going get is in the showers after the match!" even crows supporters laughed at that one ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Richo didn't have his kicking boots on one day and a Tiger person behind me in the red seats called out when Carey was having a shot on goal.
"Kick it like Richardson would."

Not supporters, but when Ben Holland was having a shot on goal at Waverly one time Nick was trying to put him off and called out "Your Mum wears army boots."

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Back when Clokey was still playing for us there was this day at the MCG and I was sitting down close to the fence of the Northern stand at the PRE and the ball was rolling towards the boundary line with a Collingwood player chasing it and Clokey steaming in behind him at full pelt and a bloke yelled out plain as day "Fence him Clokey".

Obviously Clokey didn't otherwise he would of killed him but I reckon the Black 'n White maggot cacked himself hearing the footsteps and hearing that yelled out loud and clear. The Richmond mob all laughed once their baying for blood had ceased

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
There have been some classics.
You have to HAND IT to Palm ( As in David.)

Get a mans name Val, (Val Perovic )

When Rene Kink was doing the Oranges( Fruit) ad on TV back in the 70,s
The catch cry phrase in the add was , "I drink the drink from the SKIN."( Meaning Orange Skin )
Yeah, we used to say, he drinks the drink from the SKIN. The Fo_skin he he
( I kept it clean as possible Rosy )

Then there was Mike Fitzpatrick or was it Patrick Fits Michael. ?? he he.
All good fun.

Then there was the DOMINATOR ( Wayne Johnson ) or was it the Ma--------ator.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Fan to Bowden "I wish I could find a toilet paper that soft"

Player crosses the mark but umpire fails to notice "He was off, I could smell him from here"

Similar to WJP "You couldn't get a touch at the Mardi Gras"

Fan to entire side "Dont worry about a shower, you've just been given a bath"

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
One of the funniest comments I have heard at the football was from a Roos supporter to one of his players who had a quiet day, he yelled out "Linda Blair has had more possesions than you" (Linda Blair from the movie The Exorcist), thought that was hilarious.

A mate of mine yelled out to Houlihan this year after he was dragged for a soft effort "Don't just get off the ground Houlihan, delist yourself".

Jon Dorotich was a favourite whipping boy after his very public sexual misdemeanour in the late 80s. Gee we used to give it to him, he must have hated playing against us.

P

PuntRoadRoar

living in perth, i remember attending an Eagles game barracking for the opposition,

and Brett Heady took an absolute screamer oneday and some guy behind me yelled out after the crowd settled "Careful Dumbo, dont get 2 high you might fly away"

LOL

P

PuntRoadRoar

oh and then there was an absolute shocking comment at another eagles game against the blues by my best mate...

Peter Sumich just kicked it out on the full and he yelled out "Get a real Fullforward eagles" low and behold the returning kick landed in peter's arms he played on and with his wide arc turn pumped it through from just outside 50! LOL didnt we cop it from all the eagle lovers around us.

I turned to my good friend and said "thanks MATE"

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
During a Carlton game a few years back, Carlton were giving us a nice touch up and there was a Carlton supporter - very sophisticated looking gentleman clapping politely and telling his son why the blues are so good.

Suddenly Richmond starts to make a comeback. We're within a goal or two and one of our players gets his head ripped off and the umpire blows the whistle and awards the free about 30m out from goal.

This is too much for the blue supporter who looses it jumping to his feet yelling his head off red in the face.

A Richmond fan behind me yells "shut up idiot, any higher it would have hit one of us!" - we were sitting in the second tier of the Ponsford Stand.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
The funniest thing i've seen at the MCG:

Scene - One day final b/t Australia and the West Indies. It was the day they had the record crowd in the 90,000's.

It was about 40 degrees and we were packed in.

It was top deck of the northern stand. You couldn't watch the cricket because there was a food war on. Apples, oranges, plastic bottles etc were coming in by the dozen from my right. People in my area were returning fire - real case of "watch for incoming or require a field medic"!

Two rows in front of me was a big hairy Italian guy with an ego bigger than his boof head. Every time something landed near him, he'd stand up with his elbows cocked out, and survey the crowd for the culprit - like as if he really had the guts to do something about it.

In the row between him and me were a couple of guys about my age at the time (17 or 18) who had a whole roast chicken in foil.

After about an hour or so, there was only bare pickings left on this chicken. About this time, the Italian stood to do one of his "i'm so tough" displays after being narrowly missed by an apple.

When he sat, one of the young guys behind him stood up and threw the chicken straight into the top of his head. It hit that hard that bits of chicken splattered off onto me two rows back.

The big Italian grabs his head and spins around. The young guy is standing behind him pointing to the crowd to our right, as if it came from over there. The big dumb Neanderthol stands up elbows out to survey the crowd again - bits of chook still stuck in his curly mop.

The whole stand was cheering and in raptures. I've never laughed so hard in my life - but maybe you "had to be there"!

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
That chicken story is a ripper.
Got a couple which might be 'had to be there'

1992 Collingwood v Richmond, Victoria Park. My mates and I, all Tiges, got there right on the bounce. The ground was packed. I spotted a Collingwood bloke I worked with up the back of the outer standing room stand. We push and shove and climb our way to where he is. We realise we are the only Richmond barrackers in the whole packed stand. The Tiges do their come-back-in-the-third-quarter-before-Coll-kick-away-and-win thing. Hogg kicked a few to get us back in it before Daicos went beserk. The game is in the balance, my very loud mate yells "YOU ARE A SPASTIC MANSON". The whole stand stops and turns around and looks at us. Then they all just burst out laughing.

Another time I went to see the final between Footscray and Sydney at the MCG in 1996. Lady Di had just died and there was a minutes silence. You could have heard a pin drop, it was amazing. Right in the middle of the silence, this Footscray barracker with a huge voice yells "YOU"RE A FAT GOOSE PLUGGER."

The year we had to beat Melbourne in the last round to make the 8, I think it was 98. The game was gone. Just in front of me in the Posford Stand this Richmond mum gets up with her 2 kids to leave. She was snakey and says loudly "lets go kids, these snobby pricks with their mercedes benzes and their Range Rovers." This Melbourne supporter near her says "you wanna lift?"

It's AAAALLLLL OOOVVEEERRRR !!!!!
Sep 2, 2003
Ascot Vale
This isn’t a comment from the crowd, I herd this story on the radio from Peter Daicos. Back in the early 80s David Cloke was playing in the reserves for Collingwood, the umpire gave him a free kick in the goal square, Cloke went back to line up for goal (Easy regulation goal) as he walked in to kick the ball, with his most unique style, Cloke kicked the ground first and actually managed to make the ball run underneath the man on the mark who was high up trying to get a finger tip to it. With a smile on his face and a wipe of his forehead he was glad to see the umpires all clear signal to the goal ump .Up can the two fingers for a goal. :D :D :D :D

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
I heard one of the ferals yell out this year " Frawley I wish you were dead" it shows the emotional state these nuffas are in Hey Diggler it wasn't you was it?

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
No Laffs, it wasnt me. Frawleys twiffic press conference today on the motorola sponsorship deal was pretty hilarious. I nearly drove of the west gate bridge in hysterics at hearing his hillbilly drool!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Does Danny actually have a speech impediment or do you guys embellish it for good effect.
I thought he said triffic, not twiffic? Must take more notice next time. I'm sure we'll hear it plenty of times in the future. ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
These are from the first Roarpower forum

QUOTES FROM FOOTY COACHES

"If we played like that every week we wouldn't be so inconsistent."

"I believe we can go all the way to the grand final unless somebody knocks us out first."

"We didn't under-estimate them, they were just a lot better than we thought."

"If history is going to repeat itself, I think we can expect the same thing again."

"He is very fast and if he gets a metre ahead of himself I don't think anyone can catch him."

"I am going to make a prediction: It could go either way."

"That young player will be an absolute champion soon if he ever plays again after today."

A VFL coach talking about his star recruit said, "Yes, he can kick with left foot and right foot and handballs on both sides perfectly. That's because he's amphibious."

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Frawleys speech ......to me he sounds like a drunkard and coaches like one

FoX

Tiger Cub
Jul 27, 2003
In '96 i think was at optus oval we wer playing freo and was sitting in the seats next to the aisle where the coaches walk down when Gerrard neesham strolls back up to the box after the qtr time break wearing a grey button up granpa cardigan. Two tiger fans flanno shirts, sunnies, beanies and beers in hand standing opposite aisle knudges mate with a grin and says to neesham loudly with a nod "sensible cardie m8". well u had to be there :p