Who's been to a grand final? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who's been to a grand final?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Has anyone here been to a grand final?

I haven't but it's one of my life ambitions to go to one.

Last time Richmond won the premiership I'd never been to a footy game let alone grand final.

Of course I'd prefer to go to a Richmond one, but would be happy to go to any just to feel the atmosphere etc.

Was offered a ticket last year but passed it up so a Collingwood person could get in. Must have had a momentary lapse of reason. ;D

It's getting harder for the common fan to attend the big one, especially now the AFL has cracked down on scalpers.

Time they gave footy back to the supporters rather than chasing corporate dollars.

Hope things are sorted out when Richmond finally make it next year. ;)

Go Tiges.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Nope, never been either Rosy

Being born in 1983, there hasnt been much point.

I'd love to go, but I dont want to go to one until Richmond are in it, which means I may not see one for a while.

Would be good to go to one, but would much prefer to see the Tigers there, would make the day much more special.

Hopefully all the money I've spent on Social Club tickets will be worth it one day.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Not being smart arse, been to the following.
Went 1967, 1969, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1980, 1982
They were all Richmond Games.
Other Grand Finals by memory. 1987,1990,1995,1996
2000,2001 didnt go last year and probably wont go this year. ;)

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Never been to a Tigers Grand Final but was lucky enough to win a couple of tickets to the 2001 GF. It was an amazing day - the people, atmosphere, entertainment, free beer etc.

It made me want to see the Tigers achieve more than anything else.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I went to the '77 GF replay and the '83 GF. Haven't been since - how can you get a ticket?

I also went to that prelim final where Stynes ran across Buckenara's mark. That was one hell of a game, just couldn't believe that Melbourne lost (was sitting with Melbourne in-laws). Poor old Robbie Flower — really felt for him that day as his dreams went up in smoke.

In '83 (Hawks v Bombers) a heap of us just rolled up and bought standing room tickets on the day. Good old days.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I went to 1982 GF with my old man. Devastated and balled my eyes out after the game. Didn't even help when my dad told me it wasn't as bad as losing in 1972 to the same scum. Can't believe 21 years later and haven't seen the Tiges in the big one again. What a disgrace.

Also went to 87, 92 & 98.

MCG

Tiger Rookie
Aug 11, 2003
Have been lucky, due to my age, to have been to '67, '69, '73, '74 GF's. Missed out on'72 as was OS. I can remember getting a letter (no emails then ) from my mum in a black envelope. I knew immediately what had happened & threw it across the camping ground with great force. Missed the '80 GF as was in Sydney then &with a 5 day old baby & was in Brisbane for '82. '67 was my favorite as it was so unexpected and being the first I can almost remember every kick. Have even got a copy of a letter I wrote about that GF about a day later to an absent cousin. It's a laugh. Have been to a few other GF's too with my husbands work, but they pale into insignificance against the tiger ones. I do hope we make it soon for all you guys who have yet to experience the sheer euphoria of being there & especially winning

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Went to the 1981 grand final as a cadet on duty for St Johns Ambulance

Tiger_clairvoyant

I'm a llama!
Aug 24, 2003
Never been to a Tigers one but I saw Hawthorn Essendon play in 2 in the mid eighties the Hawthorn West Coast one at VFL park with Angry and the Batmobile (Ithink) i have tried to drown this out of my memory!!
Also went to that GF in 89 between Hawthorn and Geelong, what a bloody great game that was.

I think if you are in the cheersquad tickets come your way alot easier. Or atleast they used to

If anyone else was at the G that day for State Of Origin VICS vs SA with plugger Dunstall Ablett etc all in the team, That had a grand final like atmosphere until we started smashing them to smitherines, then there was just a packed stadium appreciating all these legends of the modern era in the one team at the one time.

P

PuntRoadRoar

Rosy,

this is really a depressing thread and should be locked ;D

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
PuntRoadRoar said:
Rosy,

this is really a depressing thread and should be locked ;D

PRR, if Rosy had to lock every depressing thread on this Board, well ... she'd have a full time job on her hands.

Could be like a prison warden, but instead of people, would be locking up all the nasty and depressing thoughts of all the tortured souls out there. :( ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
MC24 said:
PRR, if Rosy had to lock every depressing thread on this Board, well ... she'd have a full time job on her hands.

You think she doesn't anyway? ::) ;D

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
rosy3 said:
MC24 said:

You think she doesn't anyway? ::) ;D

Not at all Rosy. I can only imagine what you go through.

And no, never been to a Grand Final. I refuse to go to a Grand Final until Richmond is involved in one. Is that a good idea? ???

Maybe I'll give it one more decade and then change my mind. :-\

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
If you can go MC 24, go, its a good experience.
Its all good fun. ;D
Partically when you watch two teams that can actually play.
Most games you go to during the year,only one team can play. he he. And the other makes mistakes and cause mass turnovers, no guesses which team I am talking about?