Where are the best seats at the "G" for a tiger Fan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Where are the best seats at the "G" for a tiger Fan

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Hi all,

I am hoping to get down from NSW for the Richmond v Carlton game in June and was wondering where would be the best seats at the "G"for a mad Tiger and his Tigress. I would obviously like to be near the Tiger faithful if possible.

When I used to go to every game in the 80's my favorite spot was the first tier of the southern stand behind the goals. I never missed a home game between 87 and 90. Back then general admission would get me a seat pretty much anywhere in the southern stand.

As you can see it's been a while since I've been to the "G", but I have been able to see the Tigers play everytime the've come to Sydney.

Also, does anyone know if I am able to buy the tickets well in advance?? and if so, where would be the best place to get them from??

Thanks

Tiga

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
tiga,

With the Ponsford stand no more and the wings reserved seats for MCC, AFL and club members with reserve seats, I believe I'm right in saying all general admittance seating is located at the Punt Road end (ha) behind the goals up the back or up in the top deck of the Southern stand. Most of the tiger faithful will be on the Southern stand wing or behind the goals.

The ground capacity is limited to 70,000 so how many seats will be available will depend on how both us and Carlton are going by round 12. I'm pretty sure you can book ahead at ticketmaster for a reserve seat but not so sure about GA.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Thanks for that Mightytiges,

I am happy to pay the premium price for reserved seating as it's not everyday I get to see a live tiger match. If I can't get seats near the Tiger faithful then I happy to sit amongst some Blues supporters and stir the pot a little. hehe ;D