Stafford reported twice? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stafford reported twice?

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
posted on bigfooty by a port fan:

According to 5aa.

Stafford reported twice. For striking Everitt and misconduct with Stone.

B

brownlow2003

Re:Is this true?

The News Is Just About To Come on C10 Sport :mad:

P

Parker

Re:Is this true?

No doubt Action Jacko has already instructed the tribunal on how many weeks staff will get.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Little wonder he is up on 2 charges with the trial-by-media and those *smile*-ant squealing nancy boy's down at Hawthorn. (their reputation from the 80's disappeared very quickly) I have now lost all respect for that once proud and feared club, now it's full of skirt-wearing, self promoting netball enthusiasts. If you maggots down at the poo brown n yellow club don't like games of a physical nature then stick to FN hookey and netball and hopscotch- things that the players are qualified for physically and the coaching staff and officials can grasp mentally!!

Squealed like stuck pigs you did.... you make me sick!!
No wonder the budgies and kittens haven't re-signed this year... they are embarrassed at just how soft they are down there at Glen FAIRY oval!!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Whats Staff been charged for? Rucking?

Its funny hearing Everitt crying about how he just wants to play footy without running into things and getting hurt. You'd think that looking where you are going would prevent this in the first place.

If Stafford gets suspended then this would be a joke.

Does anyone know whether simon madden got suspended when he kneed that sydney ruckman in the throat about 10 years ago?

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
The report regarding Stone is an absolute joke. Unfortunate incident but not reportable. If Staff goes for that then every player in league will need to be rubbed out every week.

Talk about trial by media. Listening to 3AW on the way home about it was pathetic. Healy's got him suspended, Wallace has changed his view from Saturday completely. Terry reckons the Stone incident is worse than the Everitt one. What the ??? ???

I am not surprised with the decision to report him for the Everitt thing. Don't think he should be suspended but the charge no great surprise. Gotta keep the media happy. Can hardly wait to see "on the couch" and see what they all have to say about it.

And come someone please explain why the case isn't being heard until Wednesday? Why not hear Tuesday?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The media witch hunt on this issue is bordering on criminal. Comments and opinions are fine, but Staff has virtually undergone a character asassination in the last few days.

Healy, Commetti, The Sunday Footy Show etc have all made it their mission to see the big fella hung. Trial without a jury.

I hope the club fights this with all they've got.

Show videos of Everitt and other ruckmen performing similar actions week in week out.
It pisses me off that these incidents would probably have gone unlooked at if it wasn't for the injury factor.

Benny gave a good explanation on TSFS. I hope he testifies.

The Hawthorn Football Club are pathetic. Bunch of sore losers. Have a good dob, it's not going to get the 4 points back, or disguise the fact your team were pretty gutless on Saturday.

The Hawk fans esp on BigFooty are sickening baying for blood the way they are.
The charming rent a mole who wished aids on Staff.
The one who posted a picture of Staffs leg in the vicinity of a head and saying it shows how Staff is guilty for breaking Spiders jaw and has to go.
Yeah admit you stuffed up, but it says nothing for your credibility that you were willing to hang him on wrong evidence.

If Staff is guilty he has to take a holiday, it's not up to us to decide that but it's shown a lot of people to be of pretty dodgy moral fibre themselves with their dobbing and threats of paybacks, personal insults, comments on his looks and sexuality etc.

Whatever happens here I'm glad Staff brings a bit of agression into our team, and I'm glad he did so well in getting us the 4 points and showing the Hawks up as pretenders.

Onya Staff, good luck.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Koalalill said:
The report regarding Stone is an absolute joke. Unfortunate incident but not reportable. If Staff goes for that then every player in league will need to be rubbed out every week.

Talk about trial by media. Listening to 3AW on the way home about it was pathetic. Healy's got him suspended, Wallace has changed his view from Saturday completely. Terry reckons the Stone incident is worse than the Everitt one. What the ??? ???
sadly i think staff is in trouble with the stone incident.i.ve watched the replay a few times and if anything he should take his medicine and plead guilty. it looks pretty damming.

spiders one is far more defendable and i go along with the rest of you here that staff has been given a very raw deal by the media.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
What exactly is miscondact anyway? Does anyone have any examples.

NOT GUILTY I SAY :mad:

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
If I was a betting man, and I am, I'd say Staff will get two weeks; one for each incident. Whilst it's fair to say that both incidents were unintentional the tribunal will no doubt claim that they were both reckless and negligent.

If the players didn't get injured Stafford would not be suspended, but as the Mathew Lloyd and the Paul Barnard sucker punches show, when a player gets hurt (as the player Barnard hit did), the tribunal take a harder line than if the player didn't get hurt (and so Lloyd got off, whilst Barnard got suspended).

Also, with the amount of *smile* that has been spun by Healy, Cometti, the footy show, the Hawthorn footy club and the majority of the footy public in general, it will take nothing short of Johnny Cochrane to get Greg off the hook.

FUCKKKKKKK I"M PISSED OFFF ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!! We will really miss him.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Definitely a witch hunt! Quote from the Herald Sun:
"Stafford is no stranger to the tribunal - he was cleared of kneeing West Coast's Dean Cox in Round 8 last season and received a two-match penalty for striking Port Adelaide's Adam Kingsley in Round 12.

The tribunal decided Stafford's cocked left forearm was a reckless attempt to fend off Kingsley and had the potential to cause injury.

His only previous misdemeanour was a one-match suspension for striking in 1996."

I think most people have already made up their minds about Staff and it will go against him. And yet it was nothing compared to what Matthew Lloyd did the other week and he got off. However, with 2 charges I'm sure he'll get suspended for at least one of them. Be interesting to see if Nathan Brown gets suspended. Maybe Richmond should have made a big noise like Hawthorn after the Richo/West clash of heads.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
In an article in the Age Hawks spokesman John Hook said the Stone incident was "completely accidental" I wonder if that opinion will help Staff's case at all.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/04/27/1051381847836.html

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
The stone incident is no different to Hickmott kneeing Archer in the head as he ran past, and nothing has been mentioned about that.

This is simply a case of the media influencing the afl.

Add this to the fact the AFL doesn't like us anyway, Staff is in trouble. You get a week simply for playing for Richmond, then they look at your case.

Anyone recall the Scotty Turner incident with Ratten in 95 where the tribunal and umpire both agreed that the incident was an accident, through no fault of Turner and gave him 3 weeks??

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Wednesday night Khan. Might give the club time to get together a good defence, but must be disruptive having it over their heads too.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
If I remember the stone incident correctly, The bloody guy slipped over as stafford was about to tackle him!!
Can anyone see any premeditation in that??? I certainly can't!
It's all a beat up! When Richmond's down...Kick em, when Richmonds up, coathanger them!!

same old, same old!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I was surprised Lloyd didn't get cited in the match against the bulldogs for breaking Robbins's neck. That was a blatant strike from behind when I saw the incident. Its probably because the media didn't highlight it to the AFL.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
tiga said:
If I remember the stone incident correctly, The bloody guy slipped over as stafford was about to tackle him!!
Can anyone see any premeditation in that??? I certainly can't!

Stone definitely feel over in front of Staff. Don't know how anyone can blame Stafford for that.

Trial by Media :mad:.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Couldn't agree more with most posts here. The Stone one doesn't look so flash from some angles in slow motion, but the reality is that he slipped as staff was approaching and 100 kg expess trains take some stopping.

On the spider on Staff was clearly watching the ball, which was another lousy bounce, when contact was made. One of the TV replays concentrating on the poor bounce showed an almost identical collision between Staff and Spider earlier, minus the injury. They were jumping into each other all day and as Schwabb said the poor bouncing was certainly a big factor in it IMHO.

Good luck Staff.

As Staff mention many of the media commentators "wouldn't know how hard it is in there".

And he was referring to some who have played AFL and he was right on the money.