Which team wins this theoretical Premiership? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Which team wins this theoretical Premiership?

Which team wins this theoretical Premiership?

• Collingwood 2023

• 17 Daniel Riolis, 3 peak Tom Lynches and 3 peak Dylan Grimeses

• 23 Daniel Riolis

• 23 Trent Cotchins

Results are only viewable after voting.
100% Cotchins win. The centre bounce would be a Cotch fest. I doubt the rioli's would be still on the park after 4 quarters against 18 Cotch's.

The goals aren't in the centre.

But the durability issue is an interesting one.

How quickly would it be 22 Cotchy's against 12 on the field, 6 getting a concussion test, and 4 down in the rooms getting painkiller jabs.

To me, the pertinent question is whether 22 Riolis would beat 1 SANFL-hardened McJesus and a couple of criminals.

100% Cotchins win. The centre bounce would be a Cotch fest. I doubt the rioli's would be still on the park after 4 quarters against 18 Cotch's.
They'd still be on the park. A couple may have gone down for a while and hobbled around like shot ducks, but they'd be back on next quarter and threatening for bog.

Who wins - 23 Cotchins or 23 Riolis?

Which player runs further? Stamina. If the Riolis run 15km and the Cotchins run 13km at speed the Riolis win in a canter. The outnumber. And vice versa. If the Cotchins can cover more ground they will eventually get the outnumber and storm home.

Which runs faster? Velocity. If the Cotchins can get separation they mark on the lead*. If they can catch the fleet of Riolis on the break they win. If OTOH the Riolis can get the outnumber Cotchins never mark the ball over the Rioli who is in front of them and the one behind picks off the air ball at will.

Who jumps higher? Altitude. If the Cotchins can jump a foot higher than the Riolis they can mark over them. And they will retain possession for as long as they can hit a target. If the Riolis jump higher the Cotchins do not mark the ball. And maybe the Riolis don’t bother to spoil. Just mark it and keep running.

Who turns tighter? Agility. If the Cotchins can turn inside the Riolis they can block and get out the back. Or they can tackle when a little out of position. Velocity advantage is nullified or even reversed by agility advantage.

(Clubs test all of these qualities at the draft camps because they matter.)

Who is stronger? Strength. Cotchins are stronger.

Clearance. Cotchin wins clearance.

The outnumber. If Riolis get it they win. If Cotchins are quick enough or cover more ground they win. It’s an athletic matter.