Which teams do you dislike the most? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Which teams do you dislike the most?

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
As a Richmond fan who grew up in the 70s, a hatred of Collingwood and Carlton is a given.
But even that is starting to fade.
Was out at a dinner recently with a good mate who's a Geelong fan. First time I'd seen him since the GF.
He said to me "I don't care who wins it next year, I just hope it isn't Richmond. Can't stand their arrogance and the way they got Tom Lynch.".
Company was relatively formal and I was so taken aback that I just let the comment fly. I shouldn't have.
I can understand other fans hating Richmond for many things, but arrogance? After 37 years of incompetence?
And I still wonder about his Tom Lynch comment. Really don't see much difference between us getting Lynch and Geelong getting Dangerfield.
Geelong fast getting to the top of my list.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
As a Richmond fan who grew up in the 70s, a hatred of Collingwood and Carlton is a given.
But even that is starting to fade.
Was out at a dinner recently with a good mate who's a Geelong fan. First time I'd seen him since the GF.
He said to me "I don't care who wins it next year, I just hope it isn't Richmond. Can't stand their arrogance and the way they got Tom Lynch.".
Company was relatively formal and I was so taken aback that I just let the comment fly. I shouldn't have.
I can understand other fans hating Richmond for many things, but arrogance? After 37 years of incompetence?
And I still wonder about his Tom Lynch comment. Really don't see much difference between us getting Lynch and Geelong getting Dangerfield.
Geelong fast getting to the top of my list.
If we manage to go back to back next year, which I'm very much hoping for. You can quietly point out to your Moggies mate that we've achieved something their super team of a few years ago failed at.
I've got a couple of Moggies brothers, one is happy enough for the Tiges to have their era of success especially after all the floggings we used to get off them. The other brother is typical Moggie. Can't believe we've won two flags with our crap list, doesn't rate our game style or list quality ( loathes any comparison of Tross man to Scarlett ) n reckons it's purely because of Dusty that we play finals at all.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If we manage to go back to back next year, which I'm very much hoping for. You can quietly point out to your Moggies mate that we've achieved something their super team of a few years ago failed at.
I've got a couple of Moggies brothers, one is happy enough for the Tiges to have their era of success especially after all the floggings we used to get off them. The other brother is typical Moggie. Can't believe we've won two flags with our crap list, doesn't rate our game style or list quality ( loathes any comparison of Tross man to Scarlett ) n reckons it's purely because of Dusty that we play finals at all.

You're the long forgotten 3rd Scott triplet?

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
North would easily be my most despised team. I believe their words during our SOS campaign were “Any club that can not stand on their own without VFL support should shut their doors”. North publicly advocated that our beloved club cease to exist. Hypocritically they have their hand out and without AFL support they would cease to exist and personally hope that day comes sooner than later.

I don,t dislike Collingwood. Prior to our SOS campaign Collingwood hit hard times and Richmond gave them some money to help them. When we announced our predicament Collingwood gave us back the money we had given them and then some extra, hard to dislike a club that without question help our club survive.

Yep agree on both counts.
North are an embarrassment and simply don’t deserve a place in the league
And while there’s almost nothing better than seeing C’wood lose finals - they’ve been overtaken in the raw hatred stakes for me.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Been thinking about this further.

Pies & Blues - I wouldn't want to see an AFL comp without them taking part, despite my hatred for them.
Bombers, Norf, Melbourne and now Cats - wouldn't shed a tear if they folded.

I guess there's different types of hatred.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Right now I dislike

bulldogs
North
Adelaide

because We have losing streaks to them of 1 game each.

and Sydney & north
Only two teams that we have a current losing streak to on the MCG.
In fact v north on MCG Is LLLDL.

We must win rounds 11 & 12.
must must must.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
All of them now, but a soft spot ( for dislike ) for the Cats.

Close second to Collingwood.

REASON= Their coaches .....

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Collingwood and Carlton roll off the tongue but they are inherited dislikes. Essendon is a hatred all of my own. Cannot stand the arrogant flogs.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Geelong is top for me. Living in South West Vic with their supporters is the main reason.

And as much as I do dislike Chris Scott, I find that at least half of the Geelong supporters are over him as well.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Pretty good list with Collingwood and Carlton probably being the most disliked. North seem to get a geurnsey as does Geelong.