Who am I????? And other questions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who am I????? And other questions

HK Tiger

Tiger Tough
Nov 2, 2003
1. I played in a Richmond premiership year..... I wore Number 22. I also had a brother who played for richmond
2. I wore number 14 for a few years after transferring from Hawthorn. Played in the 70s as part time ruckman, CHF and CHB???
3. We make the finals, get as far as the prelim finals and are bundled out. Royce Hart is on the bench for the game and comes on after half time. What year is it?
4. We win four premierships this year all on the one day. What year is it???
5. I played CHB and was number 28. I played 1979ish to 1981. I broke my hand in the finals - played one game this way only to miss out on the GF - who am I??
6. I was a hB at richmond, transferred to South Melbourne where I starred and did well in the brownlow - not win it however. What was my surname?
7. How many times have the Tigers finished 5th at the end of the season post finals?
8. same question now 6th? 7th? 8th?
9. The year is 1994, a young gun is at the western oval he is playing ff - how much did we lose by??
10. My number was 35, I injured my knee on sprinkler covers at VFL Park in a night game. I was starring at the time for my Tigers. Who am I???

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
HK, no-one appears to have tried this, so I'll have a crack.

1. Perry
2. Al Martello
3. 1975
4. 1973
5. Andy Preston
6. Francis Jackson
7. Never
8. 0,0,0,
9. 7 pts ( I think this was the first game with 20 min quarters.
10. Jay Burton

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I read this but I didn't know any answers. I am useless at footy trivia. :'(

We played Trivial Pursuit in the chatroom until all hours of the night on Monday. I'm a bit better at general knowledge than footy stuff. Not by much though, ha.

Walster

I am Walstero the most beautiful man in the world
Aug 13, 2003
I'll go along with Bigwow except fot the following
1. Bower
9. 2 points
10 M Pickering

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
1. I played in a Richmond premiership year..... I wore Number 22. I also had a brother who played for richmond
2. I wore number 14 for a few years after transferring from Hawthorn. Played in the 70s as part time ruckman, CHF and CHB??? A Martello
3. We make the finals, get as far as the prelim finals and are bundled out. Royce Hart is on the bench for the game and comes on after half time. What year is it? 1975
4. We win four premierships this year all on the one day. What year is it??? 1980
5. I played CHB and was number 28. I played 1979ish to 1981. I broke my hand in the finals - played one game this way only to miss out on the GF - who am I?? Peter Williams
6. I was a hB at richmond, transferred to South Melbourne where I starred and did well in the brownlow - not win it however. What was my surname? Jackson
7. How many times have the Tigers finished 5th at the end of the season post finals? no idea
8. same question now 6th? 7th? 8th? no idea
9. The year is 1994, a young gun is at the western oval he is playing ff - how much did we lose by?? 2 points
10. My number was 35, I injured my knee on sprinkler covers at VFL Park in a night game. I was starring at the time for my Tigers. Who am I??? M. Pickering

sabretooth

I don't sleep for a week when we get beat - JD
Dec 9, 2003
1. Mike Perry wore No 22 and played in '67 GF but he didn't have a brother who played for Richmond.

There was a John Perry played at the same time (No 33) but they weren't related. John came from Wodonga and returned there. He was cousin of Geoff Strang.

2. Alan Martello crossed from Hawks and played '81-83. He wore No 15.

3. 1975

4. 1973

5. Both Preston and Williams wore No 28. Preston missed '82 GF but he had hamstring problems.

6. Jackson

7 & 8. no idea

9. 2 points (1st round)

10. M. Pickering wore No 35 but don't remember the incident

HK Tiger

Tiger Tough
Nov 2, 2003
OK sorry to all for the late reply.....
I have been getting home too late and travelling asia I had no time to go back here:
I will improve in future:

Most people got most right:

1. Mike Perry - was informed he had a brother and has been listed as brothers who played at Richmond - Rhett please clear this one up please?

2. I think I was wrong on this one and Sabre tooth is correct - should be 15 - ok who was 14?

3. 1975

4. 1973

5. Peter Williams

6. Jackson

7. Never - since we have had final 5s

8. Never - since we have had final 6 or 8s

9. 2pts correct

10. Should have told you the era but wanted a real hard one - Peter Laughlin circa 1977