Who do we pick Lefau or Schofield? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who do we pick Lefau or Schofield?

With 24hrs to go before the deadline Do we pick?

• Lefau

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • Schofield

Votes: 19 30.2%

• Total voters

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004

After watching todays game I’d pick Lefau with his xfactor athletic ability and tackling

Reactions: 2 users
Schofield for me. I think he fits more of a list need (and he looked good today), and we can then continue training Lefau with the group (as part of the VFL setup), potentially with a view of a mid season opportunity opens up he could be taken then.

Lefau for X factor. Schofield looks as one-dimensional as Bradtke was.

Reactions: 1 user
Lefau, to hunt opposition defenders. Between him and Mansell, there’ll be more than a few players hearing footsteps.

Schofield unless the club can find another role for Lefau other than pressure forward.

I'm super impressed with the fact Schofield has up and left WA for a summer try out. Of course, that's no knock on Lefau, but there's something to like about a bloke who wants to play the game so much that he'll move across the country for a crack.

Reactions: 1 users
Ask Jake Lever after Lefau sat him on his backside with a hip and shoulder. “Schofield!!!! Don’t pick Lefau…he might hurt me again”

• Haha
Lefau more versatile, could do exactly what he's done in vfl at afl level.
Schofield more scope for improvement but a even bigger risk.
The coaches have seen both for months and today's game is just more fuel.

Lefau but wouldn't be unhappy with either, Lefau provides more coverage being able to play multiple lines, quick and tackles hard and could be anything. Schofield younger and a better natural/pure tall forward which we need. Really wish we had two spots.

Lefau. Still new to the game and with upside. Love his hardness, which makes him a really interesting prospect especially if we play finals.

Hard decision in my view. Both are miles better then Bradtke. If we take one the other needs to stay in our VFL program...

Reactions: 4 users
I don't care either way.

To me they're both likely to be VFL players. Can't see AFL here but who knows.

Happy to be proven wrong :cool:

And good on 'em both for having a crack and getting to this position :cool:

Lefau is already 26 and doesn’t have the luxury of time to develop. If we pick him, we’d need to be really sure he’s already in our best 23 and I don’t think that’s the case.

Schofield.

Reactions: 6 users
A big fan of Myki, especially when he hits them like a runaway train and says tickets please:)
I think Schofield might be the better footballer though.

Schofield for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Tough call but went with Lefau. Took some heavy marks today. Physical. You can work with that up forward. Schofield might be a better player execution wise, but I think Lefau looks more impact.

Might be a Mihocek type ?

Lefau is already 26 and doesn’t have the luxury of time to develop. If we pick him, we’d need to be really sure he’s already in our best 23 and I don’t think that’s the case.

Schofield.

Normally would agree with this, but not when you look deeper.

Lefau didn't grow up with the game and is coming off a recent knee.

Despite the age gap - with 12 months in a full time environment he might well have more growth and improvement in him than someone years younger.

Then hits 2025 a lot better and still with 4-5 years left.

Basically Leysy is saying wouldn't use his age against him and use 2024 performance as a base as he has some unique circumstances and traits.

It's the last spot on the list. Go with the most potential.

Reactions: 7 users