Who if not the Tiges | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who if not the Tiges

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Just listening to Holmsby talk about the death of Fitzroy , made me think what team would I barrack for if the Tiges went extinct? I reckon I’d just give the game away ? Others thoughts ?

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
I'd support no other team. I couldn't sell myself out and barrack for a team that used to be the opposition.

I'd ramp up support for the Detroit Tigers in MLB.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If we folded I'd probably take a passing interest in some team, but the passion would die with the club. If it was a merger or relocation then again, that would be my time, but I doubt the passion would be the same.

Though it depends. Say we merged with Melbourne and became the Melbourne Tigers, wore our Yellow and Black strip and kept Tigerland, I could probably handle that without too many issues

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It would be devastating for a hard core fan. You would lose a large part of your life. Really feel sorry for the south and roy supporters.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Richmond is life. There is nothing after.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Years ago I followed both Aussie Rules and Rugby League. Grew up playing in red and black colours of North Sydney so they were my Rugby League team. Late 80s they were forced to merge with hated neighbours Manly and a couple of years later that marriage fell apart and North Sydney was kicked out of the main comp. Now play second division and I follow them there.

However I no longer follow the main Rugby League comp and haven't for nearly 20 years. Don't know any of the current players and don't read any of the newspaper reports.

Now Richmond has always been my most favourite team so if they were not around I doubt I would follow any other team and would no longer invest my time or money in AFL. That would be a sad time.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
What if they merged with North?
Would change anyone’s mind?

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
If Richmond merged with North I would catfish Donald Trump (should be easy enough, I'll pretend to be a big mac), get access to nuclear codes, and nuke AFL house.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
It would be devastating for a hard core fan. You would lose a large part of your life. Really feel sorry for the south and roy supporters.
Didn't think they had any, and that's why they were allowed to die.
If Richmond had folded in 1990, I'd have no interest in Football, do not support the AFL at all.
I'd probably have the best garden in the street, as all my weekends would be free.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I was once heavily involved at my local club, to the point where I'd buy my RFC membership, but rarely get to use it until the advent of Friday and Sunday footy.
The mere thought of us folding gives me shivers, but if it were to happen, after coming to terms with it I'd be all in back at my old club.
Thinking of that club now, I probably should jump back in regardless as local footy is really gonna struggle if we ever get going again!

Reactions: 1 users

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Moot point - never gunna happen so whats this thread all about??

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Moot point - never gunna happen so whats this thread all about??
Pretty obvious that it’s just a hypothetical question in a time of SFA footy goin on. Plus we were neally extinct not all that long ago. Don’t think anyone would have believed that there’s be no footy now if you said it 3 months ago .

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If Richmond merged with North I would catfish Donald Trump (should be easy enough, I'll pretend to be a big mac), get access to nuclear codes, and nuke AFL house.

If Richmond merged with North we be called the Richmond Football Club or the Richmond Tigers, still wear the Yellow and Black and have "oh were from TIgerland" as our song, home base would remainPunt Road and home games still played at the MCG.

Sounds about fair. :))

Maybe allow half a dozen odd of their best players to join us as a token gesture.

Last edited: