Who should be captain in 2023? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who should be captain in 2023?

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

I like Kamdyn's resolve. I like the way he rises to a challenge. I like his reliable if minor improvement.

Implausible optimism? (Delusion.) Kamdyn is grounded. We need that in 2023.

It's not out of the question that Toby finds grounds for optimism but, yeah, nah.

I like this Kamdyn fellow. May not flog an opponent but will never be beaten. A captain must never be beaten, much less turned, for two months, into a witch's hat.

Should we have a poll?

Cotchin is now, and has been our captain this year. Might as well reformalise it.

It can not be Nank. I doubt he'll be getting a game consistently.

Reactions: 1 users

I like Kamdyn's resolve. I like the way he rises to a challenge. I like his reliable if minor improvement.

Implausible optimism? (Delusion.) Kamdyn is grounded. We need that in 2023.

It's not out of the question that Toby finds grounds for optimism but, yeah, nah.

I like this Kamdyn fellow. May not flog an opponent but will never be beaten. A captain must never be beaten, much less turned, for two months, into a witch's hat.

Should we have a poll?
You know there’s nothing like a good poll to Fox any situation Jack , where would we hang our traffic lights without a good poll

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Lynch was always my choice. Having second thoughts this morning though.

Out of the box thinking. Appoint Brad Scott honorary Captain, might be handy when the Umps have a 50/50 call to make.

• Haha
It can not be Nank. I doubt he'll be getting a game consistently.
The worry is he will, because he's captain.

Vlastuin doesn't want it. Cotch doesn't need it. Ross isn't ready. Lynch for me, but they won't change it.

I reckon Daniel Rioli should be captain next year.

Established? Tick

Good player? Tick

Popular? Tick

Respected? Tick

Empathic? Tick

Reliable? Tick

Comfortable? Tick

Good with the youth? Tick

Marketable? Tick

Keep us as destination club? Tick

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Not Nakas
But it will virtually destroy him.
Unbelievable poor selection to start with..
a non Dominate ruckman and injury prone defender

I reckon Daniel Rioli should be captain next year.

Established? Tick

Good player? Tick

Popular? Tick

Respected? Tick

Empathic? Tick

Reliable? Tick

Comfortable? Tick

Good with the youth? Tick

Marketable? Tick

Keep us as destination club? Tick
Went missing in 2nd half last night

Keep it as is. Too early to be making changes. You don’t wanna be panicking and saying to one or both of our club stalwarts that you’ve lost faith in them after just 12 months.

That’s bad old Richmond sort of stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Once we sought whatever is going on with Nank I'll be ok with his getting another year. FWIW I think it's confidence as much as physical, based on Burge's very frank observations.

After that I'm in love with the idea that The Prince takes the throne. Onward to glory.