Elimination Final Game Day Thread v Lions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Elimination Final Game Day Thread v Lions

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
As I sit in my office looking across to the river and Story Bridge, I thought I would start the game day thread. Don't think much worm will be getting done today.

Weather is cloudy but unlikely to get any rain. 20 degrees. Perfect footy weather.

I'm nervous but I liked what I saw at training yesterday. I think I'm scarred by our last game against them at the Gabba last year where they blew us apart.

Surely we have more weapons but they have these flashy players that can pull a game out of their arse and once they get a roll on at the Gabba they are hard to stop.

Go Tiges!

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We got to get off to a good start and make sure they don’t get their confidence up. They will be all lippy and playing the tough guy. Win the midfield and we win this game.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
just had my first pre-final nervous sh1t for the day.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
As I sit in my office looking across to the river and Story Bridge, I thought I would start the game day thread. Don't think much worm will be getting done today.

Weather is cloudy but unlikely to get any rain. 20 degrees. Perfect footy weather.

I'm nervous but I liked what I saw at training yesterday. I think I'm scarred by our last game against them at the Gabba last year where they blew us apart.

Surely we have more weapons but they have these flashy players that can pull a game out of their arse and once they get a roll on at the Gabba they are hard to stop.

Go Tiges!
No negative thoughts BT.
We have made a big mistake in not selecting Castagna though!!!
He might feel peeved enough to rack off next year.
Should have include Aarts as well.
Then we could all have second thoughts on winning this game.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Go Tiges!
No Prestia, Cotchin, Bolton, Edwards, (Lambert), MoJu, Cumbo, Sonz that night.

Grimes and Graham played, but so did Aarts, Naish, George, RCD, Hugo and Martyn.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
At Brisbane airport waiting to fly home to Perth with plenty of the Tiger Army arriving.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Love games at Brisbane!
Nothing like a goal being kicked and then the PA system blasting out Pop Music to get the blood pumping!
takes footy to the next level.

Last edited:
  • Haha

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Pressure all over the ground and a team effort tonight must take our chances to.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Sit back and enjoy Tiger fans.
We have got this.
Tigers by 45, let the rolling begin.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Love games at Brisbane!
Nothing like a goal being kicked and then the PA system blasting out Pop Music to get the blood pumping!
takes footy to the next level.
:mhihi Someone stick the Katy Perry - Roar song in the playlist to teach those Paddle Pop Lions a lesson that a tiger is tougher.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
The best way for the RFC to silence the external noise is to circle the wagons, come out tonight and smash the Lions. Watch the other finalists crap themselves. We play better when our backs are against the wall and it is us against the world.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Before we start today is anyone unhappy with MC? I don’t want to hear we lost it at selection when Brisbane at some stage kick 2 goals in a row. For me we have picked our best team form/injury wise for the year so now it comes down to execution. Kick just at the expected score level, don’t give away dumb 50s and we should be good.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
In effect the 6 young players (Miller, Gibcus, Ross, MJ, Cumberland, Sonsie) are replacing Soldo, Grimes, Graham, Edwards, Castagna, Lambert. 16 premiership medals. Hope they stand up.

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Reactions: 2 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
This Martin thing is unsettling,both for him and the team.Not sure it is a great idea to play a someone that is not fully fit in the finals.We were on a roll before this week off and that break may hurt us tonight