Who Will Present The Cup? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who Will Present The Cup?

Pappy

Tiger Rookie
Mar 16, 2013
GWS have chosen Kevin Sheedy to present the AFL Cup should they win (the irony)!!!

Who does everyone think should be the past playing legend chosen for this occasion given Richo was the man given the honour in 2017?

FWIW...my pick would either be KB or Royce Hart.

Opinions most welcome.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
GWS have chosen Kevin Sheedy to present the AFL Cup should they win (the irony)!!!

Who does everyone think should be the past playing legend chosen for this occasion given Richo was the man given the honour in 2017?

Opinions most welcome.
Maybe he'll do both ways.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I wouldn’t want Sheedy to present it to us under any circumstances, he’s become a real flog in recent times. KB would be a good choice. I’d love for it to be Benny, but I doubt he’d accept.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Opinions most welcome.

I was into Sheedy in 2017 at the GF asking why is here?
Flken Judas

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I wouldn’t want Sheedy to present it to us under any circumstances, he’s become a real flog in recent times. KB would be a good choice. I’d love for it to be Benny, but I doubt he’d accept.
Agree. Give it to Roger Dean again. Bloody hell for a bloke in his 80s, he still looks very good.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
KB should have to wait presenting the cup the same amount of years that he black banned the club.

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
A few guys I know played cricket against Francis, said he is a ripper bloke. A couple of them were involved in a rain affected game, said the stories were fantastic.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Sheedy is and always will be a Tiger Legend.

Former RFC Captain, Back pocket in the RFC Team of Century, an RFC and AFL Hall of Famer, won the '76 B&F and most importantly was a vital cog in bringing 3 beautiful Premierships to Punt Road.

Despite the disdain some people have for him having a life outside the club, I'd be honoured if he presented us the cup.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sheedy is and always will be a Tiger Legend.

Former RFC Captain, Back pocket in the RFC Team of Century, an RFC and AFL Hall of Famer, won the '76 B&F and most importantly was a vital cog in bringing 3 beautiful Premierships to Punt Road.

Despite the disdain some people have for him having a life outside the club, I'd be honoured if he presented us the cup.

When we played GWS in the Prelim he was wearing his orange and grey.

*smile* him.

Reactions: 8 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
As much as I love Knighter, he's a coach at pussyland now so it's a no from me.

I love the idea of Roger "the Dodger" Dean.
It would be a Golden Anniversary celebration to win and have Roger Dean on the dais.

Nothing beats a 69er.

• Love

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Former coach, Robert Walls
Sheedy would have kittens if this happens
Both hate each other.