Who'll be captain? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who'll be captain?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
It's a big responsibility to be captain this week.

We need someone who can pump the team up so they run out of the race believing they are going to win.
They need soemone to keep them all on track out on the field.

Who will get the guernsey?

I'd think Gas would be the first option seeing he is VC, but is it ideal to have someone try and comminicate from the back line?

Campbo said everyone admires the way Kane Johnson goes about his business. Has he been there long enough to take charge?

Most people in the Roarpower/TigerFury days pumped Joel up as our next great captain, though I could never see why. Is this Joel's chance?

I think they'll Go Gas.

Other opinions?

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Tend to think it well end up being Gas, but would like to see Greg Stafford given a go.

His form and demeanour out on the ground make him an ideal option.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
It will have to be Gas otherwise there is no point in appointing VC and DVC and seeing as all our others are out injured he will get the gig.

Good luck Gas.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
I agree gus, but in terms of presence out on the ground and being right in the action, I just think that Staff could have greater influence than someone at full back.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
goes without saying give the job to:
JOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSON
JOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSON
JOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSON
JOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSON
JOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSON
JOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSONJJOHNSONOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSON[/bJOHNSON]JOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSONJOHNSON
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
im not biased i swear

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
No doubt Gas will be captain this week. So he should be, as he is our vice captain.

However, I'm sure Spud will be asking for our senior players in Cameron, Chaf, Staf, AK, Hilts, Bowden etc to also take on more of a leadership role.

This week more then ever, with many of our experienced players out we need 22 contributors and our senior players to really take on the challenge and stand up and be counted.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Any senior player would be expected to talk throughout a game whether they are captain or not. If any of the midfielders are not talking it up every game, then we've got a problem. So I don't think it matters where the captain plays. I think the skipper ought to pull the players together in the breaks and give them a rev up or whatever, so again, it doesn't matter what position you play at those times. The main thing is that the person has respect, otherwise the message would not be taken too seriously. Gaspar would be the most respected player out of this week's 22, I'd reckon, so give it to Gas!