Why is that interesting? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Why is that interesting?

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Does anybody else get frustrated when the cameras pan to a player coming off the ground, while play is in progress?

Why is that interesting and who to? Isn't it enough for the commentators to just tell the viewers that so and so is going off the ground. Why do they need to show the player going off as well?

Do they think we'll think they're lying unless they both tell us and show us? ???

Surely there is an appropriate time to show such things. When play is in progress is not one of those times. I would have thought. :-\

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Couldn't agree with you more MC24.

I found myself screaming at the TV on Saturday - pleading for the game to be shown rather than seeing Bell, Cogs, Croad, Johnson (to name a few) jogging to the boundary.

And why oh why do these TV networks persist with showing replays and slow-mos while the game is going on ???

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
Or when they cross for a look in the coaches box and the coach has a poker face. Rivoting TV that. Much better than looking at the action. ::)

Richos_girl_

Tiger Cub
Jun 25, 2003
I think the worst is when they turn the camera onto someone in the crowd. especially while something interesting is going on on the ground. what are they thinking? that the viewers only tune in because we like watching some bloke eat a pie? :mad: