Your Club from realfooty..Go Kingy :) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Your Club from realfooty..Go Kingy :)

P

Parker

no need to worry king won't get a game this week

shouldn't trust whats in the paper...

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
shawry, seeing you're from adelaide I'll try and use the most simplest words for you.

RFC has to earn their memberships. RFC can no longer rely on past glories to gain memberships. RFC can no longer rely on the top 4 in victoria reputation to gain memberships. RFC has to show that it is heading in the right direction to gain memberships. People do not want to watch the kings and the biddiscombes play and hence will not sign up.

I sign up because I am passionate. People slightly less passionate will not. Its optimists similar to yourself that are sinking the club - coaches and selection panels that constantly overate the handful of players that constantly let us down and are constantly picked in the side.

You don't go to all the games so don't feed me crap about give rogers and pettifer a go, get off their back. You obviously have no idea so i don't see why i'm wasting my time.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
So Harry. Are you trying to tell me that your opinion is definitely the correct one, and everyone else who disagrees with you has no idea. Get a grip pal and get over yourself. I am just thankful you are not in charge of the club i love. You dont have to go to every game to be able to see how players perform. Again get over yourself.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Whilst Harry may have gone a bit overboard suggesting to supporters not to join up, I tell you what, I'd rather have Harry running the football department at RFC than the disgracefully incompetent fools who have run it the past 20 years.

To even suggest that Clinton King may get a game on Saturday is reason enough for any half-thinking supporter (let alone those with a more critical eye) to be outraged. Fair dinkum. I'm with you Harry. How much longer can this sort of garbage from RFC go on for ?

And I tell you what. Greg Miller is on the selection committee at RFC. Whilst he did a good job in getting Brittain, Blumfield and Johnson over, he has so far a) insulted the members that have kept this club alive all these years b) made several other stupid comments as well (e.g. Collingwood game). And now, if he does not stamp his authority at the selection table today by excluding King, then I am gonna' start questioning his worth as well.

This isn't negativity or any crap like that on my behalf. It's frustration at the lack of common sense and ability at our club. We are appalling.

The difference between Essendon's success the last 20 years versus ours, is highlighted by the fact that they are gonna' play an 18 year old in Winderlich....and we are gonna' play Clinton &^%#@ King.

And the club wonders why it can't get members......

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Shawry, you clown. Go to the poll and see who disagrees with who. Again I don't know why I'm wasting my time.

You "optimists" start crying when the coaches head is called for after bad performances and say that the players need to be responsible for their performances. The when the players that constantly let us down are called to be delisted or demoted you defend them aswell.

I know you guys want to live in a lovely fairyland place where the grass is pink and the rivers flow with chocolate, but can you guys please make up your minds.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Harry

The implications of your original posts was to just get rid of those players and never let them play agian. What your options on the poll was more middle of the road than the orginial taint .

Slowly replace those players at stategic points of the year. Like when we are in a good position to win. Not when we are going to adelaide to play the Port Power at home to allow them to be kicked around a bit.

Lets put up a poll saying dump the lot straight away and get a new team and see how many people you would have agree with you. I think no one would agree with that supposition.

Like I said before its not what you say its how you say it that gets people off side. Going nah nah as it appears that everyone agrees with you is one thing. Find out what people think the issue is first. The Herald sun often run polls that produce suspect results based upon the options given.

Yes we do need to replace players I dont think anyone disagrees with that. But you cant rip a whole in the side that means they sink to the bottom. None of the teams that have been mentioned have had such a rough ride to the bottom and stayed down so long to be resurrected (West Coast, Bombers even Carlton). Sticking dynamite under them would let them float slowly to the surface. The Tigers have so many wholes in it it requires slow filling air bags to get it right. No two year turn around. for the Tigers. We have to find the right method stick to it, and support what is happenning.

Another way to get people off side to your argument is to be sarcastic (I know you aren't the only one) , dont talk down to someone just because they dont agree with you.

Lets Roar

Khan

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Khan, you obviously haven't been reading my posts because if you have been you would have noticed that i've been saying that we need to be slowly getting rid of the dead wood and introducing new players, regardless if we win or not.

And thats exactly what my poll is asking.

I've never said that we need to get rid of the entire team. I have singled out 4-5 players that are not good enough who constantly fall over that need to be weeded out.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Let's all hail King "Know-it-all" Harry. You are definitely my hero. I really wish i had your supreme insight and intelligence. Guess i'll just have to settle to being me hey. Oh well can't win them all.

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
Take a breath, Harry.

We hear you loud and clear - again and again.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Harry said:
I know you guys want to live in a lovely fairyland place where the grass is pink and the rivers flow with chocolate, but can you guys please make up your minds.

Heh heh heh...does this place come with oceans of beer as well ?

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
I have been reading your posts however the tone of your writing comes across as a lot more urgent.

Lets Roar

Khan

p.s Shawry that just enflames the issue.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Yes it's been a good debate and I don't want to cast any nastursiams or anything, but.....

Are we slipping into the zone where some are trying to ram their opinions down others throats??

I thought we were all on the same side here. You know go Tiges and all that crap.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Tenacious Tiges said:
Are we slipping into the zone where some are trying to ram their opinions down others throats??

I have been accused of doing that in the past in life and i apologise if i come across this way, it is not my intention. I am just very passionate about the Tiges.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
To put all your minds at rest, I saw Clinton King (he's a patron at my work) and he told me he will not be playing in the firsts this week and will be resuming through Coburg!!!! Hip hip, hooray!! I should be an actor, I had to act sad that he wasn't playing when he told me which was pretty hard!!!!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LMAO, that's pure evil! Though King's been acting as if he was a footy player the last couple of years, so I suppose fair is fair.