your/you're | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

your/you're

Wish I'd read this thread a bit earlier! As a teacher all this pedantry is music to my ears ;D
One of my faves is "one foul swoop"- it should be "one fell swoop". (Fell as in orc etc)

I was recently informed that the vegetables I'd always known as 'Brussel Sprouts' are actually called 'Brussels Sprout' Likewise, more than one Cul De Sac are referred to as CulS de Sac, not Cul de SacS.

ClayBevan, what's the collective noun for the club officials at Trade Week?
(Or should I ask this on your other thread?)

Anduril said:
ClayBevan, what's the collective noun for the club officials at Trade Week?
(Or should I ask this on your other thread?)

Probably is one for 'Ask Clay' Anduril, and why not cast a vote while you're there???? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\ :) ;) 8)

ClayBevan said:
I was recently informed that the vegetables I'd always known as 'Brussel Sprouts' are actually called 'Brussels Sprout' Likewise, more than one Cul De Sac are referred to as CulS de Sac, not Cul de SacS.
Brussels Sprouts are very much an English cuisine.The plot thickens....hmmmmm Lucky you didn't mention "toad in the hole" or "spotted *smile*".The case is building.

Maybe we should move this to the gossip thread.

evo said:
I was just thinking,does anyone else find it strange that Clay used the English version of the saying while Roar and I automatically assumed the "Aussie Dinkum" version.

Is it possible Clay in fact lives in England?

Tom Bosely also lives in England.

Ray Charles is getting a litte suspicious ( 8) hmmmmm.)

Consider it then

Discuss.

Evo, am I finally getting others over to my way of thinking? Early on, I suggested there was something, shall we say - emphatic, regarding the posts of TB & CB? (even the initials are strangely in tune!)

I used to think that a particular PREnder of a certain hue and another whose name vaguely suggested a form of conundrum were too much alike not to be one and the same, but TB & CB virtually run in tandem.

Perhaps, the "Oh, I'm in Australia"/"and I'm in England" theme is to merely throw us off the scent. A thread devoted to tracking down the real CB & TB? Would that be in order?

Discuss.

Anduril: I thought you showed much more animation that most of your fellow "actors" in LOTR. Look forward to more of your posts. BTW, do you believe in any forms of capital punishment? Are there any subtle disciplinary measures you might be able or willing to pass on to Ol' Roar?

Trade ya a bottle of Fourpenny Dark for every trick of the [teachers'] trade you can get to me - in a brown paper wrapper, of course. Mustn't upset the child care police!

I ask again, why would one person post as two? Would it not require a lot of logging in and logging out of PRE. Perhaps Tom and myself are just two like minded people. Two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.

Please direct further RUMOURS to the Phil Egan Thread.

Anduril: I thought you showed much more animation that most of your fellow "actors" in LOTR. Look forward to more of your posts. BTW, do you believe in any forms of capital punishment? Are there any subtle disciplinary measures you might be able or willing to pass on to Ol' Roar?

Trade ya a bottle of Fourpenny Dark for every trick of the [teachers'] trade you can get to me - in a brown paper wrapper, of course. Mustn't upset the child care police!

Roar you can't expect me to give away too many trade secrets surely ;). Mind you for a bottle of cabsav I could perhaps consider it.
IMO capital punishment is a dead end.

ClayBevan said:
evo said:
ClayBevan said:
Two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.

PINK FFLOYD lyrics! also English

As heard on Gold 104
Hmmm I dunno Clay.I doubt anyone who goes to the Metro to "pull a bird" would be listening to Gold 104.

I think I have you rumbled.

I've  hired Jim Rockford(of the Rockford Files) to tail you.So you better watch you're step.Here he is...

:-X shhh Evo,you'll blow my cover

Anduril said:
. . . . Roar you can't expect me to give away too many trade secrets surely ;). Mind you for a bottle of cabsav I could perhaps consider it.

Anduril, surely you mean 'deadened end'?

Don't you have any little hints like a sharp heel on the pupil's instep? How about picking 'em up by the ears - I'm only talking 3-9 y.o.s - a cuff over the ear, p'haps?

Are cattle prods permissible?

This is serious stuff, y'know? My garden has been trampled as though from a stampede that even John Wayne couldn't have stopped; Mrs Roar's prize collection of marching girls' batons have been used as spears, swords and barbecue-firelighters; Spot the Cat hasn't come out from under the sofa for 3 days; someone uncorked my latest batch of Fourpenny Dark thus causing the local SES to be called out on damage containment.

Guess I'll have to stick to the barbed wire and guard dogs. Can I, at least, connect the said b.w. up to a power-point?

BTW, cabsav is mere sarsaparilla to my Fourpenny Dark! Big Red will testify to that.

Now, do you think there is any truth to the rumour that Evo and I are waving around?

evo said:
ClayBevan said:
evo said:
ClayBevan said:
Two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.

PINK FFLOYD lyrics! also English

As heard on Gold 104
Hmmm I dunno Clay.I doubt anyone who goes to the Metro to "pull a bird" would be listening to Gold 104.

I think I have you rumbled.

I've  hired Jim Rockford(of the Rockford Files) to tail you.So you better watch you're step.Here he is...

:-X shhh Evo,you'll blow my cover

Most PREnders would be freaking out if their thread was abused and off topic so much. Not me though kids, I'm cool, I'm cold as Ice. Chill out guys, take a load off, talk the talk...

In Melbourne, I am.

pssst! Rocky ( :-X ), tell Evo I'm sure he typed 'Mel-BOURNE' not 'Mel-BUN' as a true native Victorian would. I'm using phonetics here to show the cyber accent CB was using.

Perhaps, there's - y'know - Uncle S-A-M involved. Maybe this is a CIA plot to infiltrate PRE!

Jim   :-X seems to think your barking up the wrong tree with the USA connection Roar.He's pursuing a line of enquiry in relation to the UK.Well spotted though.He's a wiley one (and I don't mean Robert,also an underrated player IMO)this ClayBevan.

This is silly boys- you saw both Me and Tom Bosley together at Daylesford, IN FACT, do I really need to remind you that we won the wheelbarrow race together? I should also note that we had a minor argument over TigerGoddess, with Tom being the victor (worse luck for me! Although I wasn't too upset when I saw her sporting a massive hangover the next day. Panda eyes, Panda eyes!)

If I may be so bold as to get back on topic for just a post

Alot/ A lot

there are a lot of stars in the beautiful Melbourne sky tonight.

Two words boys and girls, not one. A Lot. Wedon'tmergeotherwordstogether,whydoitwiththesetwo

Reminds me of a riddle. Name a sentence in the English language, where the word 'and' is repeated five times. The sentence must make sense.

ClayBevan said:
- you saw both Me and Tom Bosley together at Daylesford, IN FACT, do I really need to remind you that we won the wheelbarrow race together?

That seems soooooooooo long ago now.

rosy23 said:
ClayBevan said:
- you saw both Me and Tom Bosley together at Daylesford, IN FACT, do I really need to remind you that we won the wheelbarrow race together?

That seems soooooooooo long ago now.

Hmmmm.... methinks Aunt Rosy wants Clay Bevan and Tom Bosley to organise another group outing....

I wonder who will bring the bread. We must organise a bread captain.... :p

Roar34 said:
Anduril said:
. . . . Roar you can't expect me to give away too many trade secrets surely ;). Mind you for a bottle of cabsav I could perhaps consider it.

Anduril, surely you mean 'deadened end'?

Don't you have any little hints like a sharp heel on the pupil's instep? How about picking 'em up by the ears - I'm only talking 3-9 y.o.s - a cuff over the ear, p'haps?

Are cattle prods permissible?

This is serious stuff, y'know? My garden has been trampled as though from a stampede that even John Wayne couldn't have stopped; Mrs Roar's prize collection of marching girls' batons have been used as spears, swords and barbecue-firelighters; Spot the Cat hasn't come out from under the sofa for 3 days; someone uncorked my latest batch of Fourpenny Dark thus causing the local SES to be called out on damage containment.

Guess I'll have to stick to the barbed wire and guard dogs. Can I, at least, connect the said b.w. up to a power-point?

BTW, cabsav is mere sarsaparilla to my Fourpenny Dark! Big Red will testify to that.

Now, do you think there is any truth to the rumour that Evo and I are waving around?

Roar, having given the matter a great deal of thought, I feel the only course for you, Mrs Roar and Spot the cat is, in my considered opinion, BOARDING SCHOOL.