You're Favorite footballer nickname | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

You're Favorite footballer nickname

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
nwonash, was that because he was always careful in making sure he was wearing his stackhat whenever he went bike riding?? ;D

I used to play footy with a guy we used to call "The Turtle". He was just as fast as one and quite often whenever he went for a mark he used to mistime his leap and end up in front of the pack flat on his belly looking like a "Turtle" and that's how his name came to be.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
There was a competition on the Coodabeen Champions asking people to nominate the best nicknames. For obvious reasons they weren't keen on this submission.

Richard Cole - Urethra.

Obviously coined on the theory that like most Richard's he would be known as *smile*.

P

PuntRoadRoar

my favourite footballer nickname i have heard is "SPUD",

i think it originated from a supporter down at moorabbin in the 80's who was about to call their fullback at the time "your a DUD" but sneezed while doing so and ended up saying "spud" its just a shame that no one really realised what this supporter was trying to say not even today ............... ;D

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Cmon guys, surely there must be some other cracker nicknames out there......

Rod Carter from the Swans as "The Tilt" because he always walked like he was resting a phone on his shoulder. ;D

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
tigers
basher dutchy holland
wombat paul broderick
d-rod rodan
disco roachy
bull richo's dad
betty joel bowden
others
the bolt manton
the hyphen rhys jones
smiling assassin worsfold

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Our own Gary Frangalas was affectionately known as "Franga"
Sorry Rosy,please dont delete, all in good fun. ;)

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Now this is true that Mathew Francis (Tigers and Pies) was known as the SACK MAN as he had a large . . . .

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
I know this one will unsettle JohnF but I was sitting with my tiger m8s at waverley years ago on a typically freezing vfl park day and someone called Campbell fairy cakes-m8 we were all in tears-just the way he said it-had to be there.
Campbo's no fairy cake now but used to cop some flack earlier in his career.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The people who used to sit behind us in the red seats were friends of Otto's and called him ponger or pong.(B.O.)

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
The people that behind us, keep calling Rodan "the Fijian Marmaide", why I don't know.

However it cracks me up each time they yell it out.

Ox

"Waitin' for 05."
Aug 19, 2003
The best one going around nowdays' is
Big Bad Bussling Barry Hall ;D cacks.
Others I've heard;
Clinton King- Corporal clanger
David Rodan - Sooty
Jamie Tape - Sticky (rip)
Fraser Gherig - sharpie