20 Years | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

20 Years

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Saturday (Dec. 17th) marks 20 years for me on PRE. My recollections are sketchy, but the old site (what was that called?) became virus popup hell, so the move was made by Rosy to start PRE. If I recall correctly, I joined a week or two after the new site was fired up - so there must be others here who have been around longer than I have. I'm interested to know who's been here since the start, and what's the oldest registration date?
Finally, we owe Rosy a huge debt of gratitude. I hope she's out there somewhere keeping half an eye on us.

Reactions: 25 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Well done Hutstar! 20 years for me is next April Fools Day. :LOL:

Reactions: 3 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
You almost put me to shame.
Have only been a member of PRE since the 27th of April 2004, some 18 years.
We do owe a raft of thanks to Rosy for starting PRE which has been a joy to partake in over all these years.
Regrettably, I believe she is suffering or has suffered some serious health problems over the past few years.
If that is so, then I'm sure we all wish her well and at least a Merry Christmas, not only to her, but her entire family.

Reactions: 13 users

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
I joined September 05. But was watching as a guest for a few years before taking the big leap. I think I started tuning in around 2000-2001. What year did this kick off?
A special thank you to Rosy for starting off something that we all enjoy thru the highs and lows of following the mighty tigers.

Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I started looking in 2006 and joined 2009 or 10 I think. Having never lived in Melbourne or even owning a computer until then it was a real treat to stumble across a nest of tigers nerds.

Reactions: 4 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Saturday (Dec. 17th) marks 20 years for me on PRE. My recollections are sketchy, but the old site (what was that called?) became virus popup hell, so the move was made by Rosy to start PRE. If I recall correctly, I joined a week or two after the new site was fired up - so there must be others here who have been around longer than I have. I'm interested to know who's been here since the start, and what's the oldest registration date?
Finally, we owe Rosy a huge debt of gratitude. I hope she's out there somewhere keeping half an eye on us.
well done and enjoy the good times :)

I think there's a few here that have floated between PRE & Y&B

cant recall the first involvement but there were heaps of supporters on both sites calling for Richo to be sacked , traded what ever
that was before Terry Wallace popped him on a wing

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I am a relatively newby and like R42, I was a storker for many years before I made the jump.

It’s amazing to spend so many years with so many people and not have met any of you (as far as I know) - I guess that’s what an online family is all about.

Reactions: 5 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I am a relatively newby and like R42, I was a storker for many years before I made the jump.

It’s amazing to spend so many years with so many people and not have met any of you (as far as I know) - I guess that’s what an online family is all about.
in 2008 made the trip down to Melb. with youngest son to watch a game , went to Punt rd to watch training
quite a weird feeling , people looked at us as if they knew us almost going to speak to us , it was all friendly
probably had been talking with them online

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Can't remember when i joined but hit a link fro Rhett Bartlett's website. I was here for the regular banning and suspensions - good times.

Reactions: 6 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I joined September 05. But was watching as a guest for a few years before taking the big leap. I think I started tuning in around 2000-2001. What year did this kick off?
A special thank you to Rosy for starting off something that we all enjoy thru the highs and lows of following the mighty tigers.
I'm pretty sure it was October or November 2002. There was a site before this one for a few years, but it got riddled with viruses and abandoned. I think I switched over pretty close to the launch, but I'd love to know exactly the date it went live.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Think it was Phantom's members petition that had me join here. A website link to PRE was published in the HUN some time around July 2004.
What a great ride & have met some people through here who are now some of my best friends.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Over 18 years ago for me. Miss some of the originals on here in a way....some funny characters. Different times....Spud days and then Wallace days. All thanks to Rosy and now Mr T.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
14 years for me. time flys when you are having fun. Been an awesome ride. from the lows to the extreme highs. hoping we can ride the wave again.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I can’t remember the exact year, but I think it may have been 2002/3. I still wonder what happened to the likes of claw the ultimate darksider.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
2011 for me with this log on, had another for 3 or 4 years before that but managed to lock myself out somehow.

• Haha

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
April 2009 for me. Wonder if it was off the back of a couple of unexpected wins or predictable floggings?

I do hope Rosy is doing well in retirement. She was certainly kept busy keeping the recalcitrants on here in check.

Reactions: 5 users