20 Years | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

20 Years

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Think it was Phantom's members petition that had me join here. A website link to PRE was published in the HUN some time around July 2004.
What a great ride & have met some people through here who are now some of my best friends.
Think it was in 2004 for me joining as well ToOts, Jeebus that makes me 18 on here !!

Geez I've wasted a lot of my life on here! :))

Props and Forever Thanks to Aunty Rosalita for bringing this place to us all.

Cheers to Mt T for keeping the house in order after taking over :mrt.

What a ride culminating in the last 5 years which none of us ever thought we would see outside of our wildest dreams.

Cheers to all who help make this joint what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Can't remember when i joined but hit a link fro Rhett Bartlett's website. I was here for the regular banning and suspensions - good times.
Yeah, same here, found from Rhettrospective, joined mid 2003. Had a few self imposed hiatuses over the years.
Always come back though.

Reactions: 5 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I joined when we were *smile*.

The supporter rants on Club Corner each week had been replaced by club PR – an early form of Tiger Talk. PRE filled that void.

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Saturday (Dec. 17th) marks 20 years for me on PRE. My recollections are sketchy, but the old site (what was that called?) became virus popup hell, so the move was made by Rosy to start PRE. If I recall correctly, I joined a week or two after the new site was fired up - so there must be others here who have been around longer than I have. I'm interested to know who's been here since the start, and what's the oldest registration date?
Finally, we owe Rosy a huge debt of gratitude. I hope she's out there somewhere keeping half an eye on us.
I was on the other site too, it's name.........Roar Power rings a bit of a bell, the popups were out of control weren't they. A guy called George ( think that was his name ) ran it.
I joined March 2003, actually I think I signed up when Rosy started PRE, but from memory I forgot my password or something.

Have come and gone a bit, have really enjoyed the last 5 years. :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

Reactions: 4 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Just over 15 years for me that I’ve put up with all you duds*delist on here :LOL:
I’ve met a few in person, argued, bantered and laughed a lot. I’m grateful for the gossip insights and opinions that abound on here.
I fell afoul of rosy and sat in the corner for some time…:eek: dunno what for:devilish: but I find it’s a much better site, miss a few of the other posters that left, passed on or migrated elsewhere

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
Think it was in 2004 for me joining as well ToOts, Jeebus that makes me 18 on here !!

Geez I've wasted a lot of my life on here! :))

Props and Forever Thanks to Aunty Rosalita for bringing this place to us all.

Cheers to Mt T for keeping the house in order after taking over :mrt.

What a ride culminating in the last 5 years which none of us ever thought we would see outside of our wildest dreams.

Cheers to all who help make this joint what it is.
I still remember your darksider days. It’s good you’ve seen the light.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Joined in Oct 2004. Was a lurker on Tiger Talk with David Clayton and Cheryl Critchley? running the show. So long ago I can barely remember. Somewhere PuntRoadEnd was mentioned. Sack Greg Miller I think was the hotly debated topic when I joined. Brightsiders, darksiders, flower-sniffers, people being sanctioned and banned. Then posters seeking votes for PREnder of the year. Can’t believe it has been that long.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Wow, joined Feb 2004, didn't realise it was that long ago.

What a ride over that time, so much angst, so much laughter, so much fun, good insights, bad insights "good mail" :mhihi bad mail & everything in between.
3 :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold that I never thought I'd see.

Fantastic, thank you PRE

Reactions: 6 users

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
15 years for me, too - unbelievable. Sadly, there aren’t too many other women who post. (Though maybe they lurk.)

Reactions: 9 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
15 years for me, too - unbelievable. Sadly, there aren’t too many other women who post. (Though maybe they lurk.)
No idea how many ladies post on here H and S.
Might be more then you think, who knows?
One of the best things about PRE is the lack of foul language.
I am no shrinking violet in any way, but not a fan of extremely bad language.
My wife hates movies with the seeming unending tirade of nasty foul language.
Must have rubbed off a bit on me.
PRE has been a long time, 18 odd years as I said, a joy to read and obtain the thoughts of fellow Tigers.
God bless Rosy for starting all of this.
Will have a whisky later to celebrate PRE and it's existence.

Reactions: 9 users

Ruby

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 31, 2006
I also remember the former website. I started reading but not posting in about 2001 or 2002. I was working in the public service then … so had lots of time on my hands to wander the internet. Didn’t officially sign on here till 2006.

I vaguely recall a poster called Len Shearer. I think Phantom was there in the early days too. Rosy was a poster on the old site, and I think took it on when there was a problem maintaining the site.

I hope Rosy is ok? Haven’t heard from her in a long long time. This website certainly has given me and I am sure many others a lot of joy, humour and just a little bit of frustration over the years.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Officially registered in 2007, been reading for a while as most.

Rosy did an amazing job of keeping everyone on the straight and narrow - she did say it was hard work, sometimes.

I found the first posts, which will give us a close start date for PRE but I cannot find the exact start.

The first post can’t be found as it was probably a test… here’s the 2nd thread that started Mar 28, 2003.

Thread No.3 - Mar 27, 2003

Thread 5 - Mar 19, 2003

To look at the first threads on PRE, copy and paste this URL and change the number at the end.
'https://www.puntroadend.com/threads/5'

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
I was on Tiger Talk too, back in late 90’s. I used to post training reports (not in @caesar class of course), back when training was on Tues and Thurs arvo/evening. It was easy to predict team changes just by seeing who was training with the main group. Still have my Tiger Talk shirt. Officially joined PRE 2014 after lurking for a couple of years. Enjoy everything about the site except Game Day Thread when we are losing.......

• Haha

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
18 years for me on 20th Dec. on PRE.
53 years going to Tiger games.
So many tears of sadness / frustration rewarded with tears of joy and ecstasy.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Officially registered in 2007, been reading for a while as most.

Rosy did an amazing job of keeping everyone on the straight and narrow - she did say it was hard work, sometimes.

I found the first posts, which will give us a close start date for PRE but I cannot find the exact start.

The first post can’t be found as it was probably a test… here’s the 2nd thread that started Mar 28, 2003.

Thread No.3 - Mar 27, 2003

Thread 5 - Mar 19, 2003

To look at the first threads on PRE, copy and paste this URL and change the number at the end.
'https://www.puntroadend.com/threads/5'
See a younger Harry posted on that first thread.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
I also joined on December 17, 2002. 20 years ago there were a few people exchanging views on a modest start-up site called Tigerfury.net, which got discontinued for some reason (I think the person running it didn't want to continue the onerous work). Rosy was one of those of us on Tigerfury who wanted to continue the community, and so she reluctantly (I think) took on the task of starting a 'proper' site, which she called Punt Road End. Still going 20 years later!