"2009 Official PRE Draft thread' | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

"2009 Official PRE Draft thread'

U2Tigers said:
All those unknowing Swans fans liken this pick - the next A. Goodes - I don't see it, but he can play a few different roles so not a bad emergency.

Ed Barlow

Good pick.
Saw him once pick up over 25 possies on a wing at Warawee Oval for the Oakleigh Chargers in his TAC year. Great effort for a 6'4" junior.
Did this in two early games but struggled in two games later that year.
Think he only played 4 TAC games that year.
Exciting prospect, but also thought that he could've gone either way.
Well, he's still there, just.

SCOOP said:
Hill, Stephen.

Any time you can grab a untried number 3 you take it.

Yep, you're right.
As long as you have patience. He needs another 10-15 kgs on his body.

You & me, we have patience.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Got this funny feeling about this kid,That he may surprise in his 1st year.

Jayden Post[Rich]

Hope he does. Good junior tall.

Gotta say there are still another half a doze I wouldn;t mind having on my 'club' list yet.......Shannon Cox (Col), Gill from Adelaide, Morton from Hawthorn, Grimes and Valenti for Melbourne, McNamara from West Coast...........but I have settled on a kid originally from WA recruited from Qld apparently..

Courteney Dempsey (Ess).

Once the injuries are controlled (hamstring mainly) he's fast, has flair with good skills.

SCOOP said:
Hill, Stephen.

Any time you can grab a untried number 3 you take it.

Agree in general, however....

Phantom said:
Yep, you're right.
As long as you have patience. He needs another 10-15 kgs on his body.

You & me, we have patience.

A one season comp doesn't reward patience I am afraid gentleman.

pharace said:
Courteney Dempsey (Ess).

Once the injuries are controlled (hamstring mainly) he's fast, has flair with good skills.

Good pick.

Chris Dawes - Coll

One of my Friday night dinner companions, a very keen Collingwood supporter, told me that there are a handful of young "maggies" that are going to be given alot more opportunity this season.
Chris Dawes will be one of them.

Phantom said:
Chris Dawes - Coll

One of my Friday night dinner companions, a very keen Collingwood supporter, told me that there are a handful of young "maggies" that are going to be given alot more opportunity this season.
Chris Dawes will be one of them.

Yeah, looked Ok in the handful of games he enjoyed in 08

Tigers of Old said:
Yep they may well play 300 games and win 3 Brownlows but they're rookies in this comp.

Just as they are in the real comp????????? The AFL is full of unfulfilled potential (just look at the RFC :hihi)

pharace said:
Just as they are in the real comp????????? The AFL is full of unfulfilled potential (just look at the RFC :hihi)

Merely stating the fact a lot of explanations for these rookies are about long term list management and putting weight on and a player of the future yadda yadda, means nothing for a one season shot.

Some of the kids are brave picks and could have a impact on a season first up, but as Phantom is well aware, the amount of players drafted who make a large impact in their first season is minuscule, you could triple that for this comp considering they are up against against all star line ups.

KiwiTig said:
One last chance for JON

Will TigerMad do a Cousins? ;D

He almost did actually he said to me he wanted to recruit a Peter Everitt. Lure him out of retirement, as he thought he could beat Cox in ruck contests easily if someone showed faith in him.

I didn't think U2 would approve so he went with..

Andrejs Everitt-Western Bulldogs. (At 193cm he is 1cm off Pharace's ideal ruck "back up" height.) ;D

Grow boy, grow!

Just under 25 days for the draft.

Almost exactly a day per round. Well done everyone and special thanks to DD who looked after all my lists! :clap

Let the games begin! >:D

Just like to give a big thanks out to everyone for their efforts and contributions. It's not a easy exercise and sometimes it's lifestyle invading, especially with a annoyance like me badgering people at times, but this leg of the exercise has been fun and in some cases very enlightening.

Been great to see what you guys think of various talent and how you rate structures, priorities, etc It's also been great for learning from you guys about talent I never really was aware of out there.

Been a lot of fun and I'd just like to give another thanks for all your efforts and show my appreciation of the great teamwork shown by all to get through what is always a difficult exercise when multiple people have to meet on deadlines, irrespective of individual lifestyles/commitments.

Big props guys! :clap