"2009 Official PRE Draft thread' | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

"2009 Official PRE Draft thread'

I also want to say thanks to all. been very good. Hopefully becomes a yearly thing.

I would especially like to thank DD who put in heaps of hard work.

and also him and Pharaces bickering kept this amusing for all.

We will work out how the next part is working and get into it.

Makes sure all teams are posted how you would have them. We need all 16 teams completed on the team thread before the next part begins.

I was going to wait until Maddy had his last pick - but it might be pre-season 2010 by then >:D

A huge thanks and congratulations to U2 and Dyer Disciple :clap.

I undertook his role and others this time last season and it is not easy to be that accurate and timely - looks easy but it's not....DD simple made it look easy.

It seems your input is now needed to get the next part of the format bedded down. I've posted some thoughts on the other thread (rules thread i think it is) and you should add your own throughts ASAP

Hope my and DD's purile jibes at times didn't distract you too much - it kept us amused at least. I certainly enjoyed any of the banter that came back my way, and especially the justifications and knowledge shared on players. It really grows one as a true AFL supporter :angel:

I've shared this with U2 but I also should have mentioned in my earlier thanks...

A big thanks to U2 for coming up with the comp and running it, I know it was a difficult time for him with his move and all so I appreciate him allowing me to be a part of it and showing me the way when it would have been easier for him to say he was too busy this year.

Cheers mate.

No apologies for what my side does to yours though! ;)

And Pharace...

Well *swallows pride* gotz ta admit, you've been a massive support and I can see how you've been a big support to U2 in previous years (note to self to be moving or overseas next year ;D)

(Just read your post as I went to post this...)

Yup...

The banter has been fun, we've been ribbed before about being too chummy on other threads, so it's good to have a thread that makes people think we hate each other. Always good to keep people guessing.

Just to end the thread on my part, true to form...

I'm looking forward to that drink together in our respective states while attending a game, I need it after reading your drivel for 100 pages ;D

I agree with everything that has been said.

Thanks to the organisers.

It's been fun and sometimes hard work

Well done again

U2Tigers said:
Makes sure all teams are posted how you would have them. We need all 16 teams completed on the team thread before the next part begins.

I guess we should set a deadline for this so everyone is on the same page?

Well done to everyone.Must say what an outstanding effort by DD to keep things rolling.Smsing certain posters has taken it to a new level this year. :hihi :hihi :hihi
Well done to U2 and Phar Lap. :clap :clap :clap

Yep I echo all the comments, thanks to the organisers. A very interesting exercise. I said in the middle of it that I probably should have paid more attention to talent than I did rather than focusing more on structure but in the end I think that focus turned out pretty well. Doing it next time I'd change the priorities of positions around a bit thats all.

We're not finished yet.

no use doing it for nothing.

Just make sure all teams are down in the other thread - we need to see who's got the 2nd best list behind me.

c'mon people get motivated.

Ok - all teams are in - whats the interest in running this any further - I am a bit worried the intersest isn't there.

I am happy to keep going with this knockout comp - however it will require a bit of work from a lot of us to get the interest of other PRE'nders

whats others thoughts - sorry i have left it this late.

I'd like to see how it develops as well.

But, to me, it needs to be a mutually valid & quantifiable & transparent system to provide comparisons.

Phantom said:
I'd like to see how it develops as well.

But, to me, it needs to be a mutually valid & quantifiable & transparent system to provide comparisons.

Any suggestions Phantom.

Also the reason I have probably been hesitant - Is i tried to get interest on the main board last year -and got very little.

Not trying to be lazy here, however I really feel it will take a group effort from some big forum members to sell this and get the interest on the main board.

I want to have a helping hand in it, however I really think I need to pass the lead on this to others who may be able to generate more interest.

I can really only see two ways to go:

• 1. Knockout comp decided by vote of our 16 coaches. Probably the easiest option with less to organise.
  • 2. Knockout comp decided by vote of all on PRE (those willing). This would require someone to post a thread with the team matched up by position as they do it in paper. Would still like someone to be able to spruik up the game to get the most votes possible - after all more votes should mean it is more transparent, or at least more statistically valid

Things like duration for voting, who does what and when still need to be agreed upon, but with so few suggestions, or worse so few agreeing to suggestions made so far, it may be a pointless exercise.

The most vaild way would be to assemble the teams in real life and have them coached by their PRE selector.

If that proves unfeasible perhaps we could just settle for putting a vote on the main board, with the proviso that if you had a team you had to vote on the other games for your team to progress. That way we get at least 14 votes on each game. I would suggest though for the sectors to have a silent vote so there is no tit for tat voting. Noone want to see a survivor-PRE style vote