The PRE 2009 Draft Comp - Rules and confirmation of involvement thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The PRE 2009 Draft Comp - Rules and confirmation of involvement thread

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Welcome to the PRE 2009 Draft comp.

the following 16 posters will be in the competition.

1.U2Tigers
2. Pharace
3. Dyer Disciple
4. Tiger Bob
5. Tiger Mad2005
6. Phantom
7. TOT70
8. Tigerdog
9. Col.w.Kurtz
10. Kiwitig
11. IanG

12. CPTJonno2madcow
13. tiger29
14. Scoop
15. Checkside
16. tannerztigers

Maroon = re-confirmed there in.

This thread is used to discuss the rules and any pre-draft discussions or ideas poster may have.

I will post the rules as i have them now. I don't see much need to change from my idea - would like to keep it simple.

1. Once 16 coaches identified - they will be randomly placed in a order - becoming Team A, Team B.............

2. Once the draft order is arranged we will commence the draft in a reverse order format. IE team A will have picks 1 and 32, 33 and 64. team B will have 2, 31, 33,and 63 etc.

3. All players from AFL in all teams lists including rookies will be able to be drafted. ONCE ONLY

4. the draft will 25 rounds long - enabling each coach to draft a team, interchange and emergencies - just like a match day team.

IMPOTANT coaches need to draft for structure.

5. the draft continues until complete. No time limit will be imposed to start with. Time limits will be imposed after a certain period and as discussed by all coaches during the draft.

IMPORTANT - PM's can be used ( they are helpful) to send priority lists/preference lists. best to give them to someone about 8 picks away from you to stop problems.

6. At completion of draft each coach is to place their team in their structured team submission ( ie game day). Each coach is to name a Captain.

7. Teams will then be posted for a set period ( maybe 3 days) - Team A will be versus Team B, Team C V Team D - etc. all teams will play another -

Posters will then vote on who would beat who ( whos is better)

8. Winners will then move on to face another winner - knockout system - Until we have the best team drafted.

As above we are still 3 coaches short before we can kick off - If anyone is interested in being a coach in this competition please PM myself, to let me know of your interest. Once I confirm your spot then please post on this thread.

Those coaches who are confirmed please reply in this thread to confirm your in, and to also state whether you are happy with the rules. If you have any ideas please post those also.Once we have a complete coaches list we can get started. Hopefully by Monday night if everyone is happy with the rules and has confirmed they know where to navigate this comp..

cheers.

tannerztigers said:
Ill jump in if any spots left.
Did it last year it was great.

LOL Tannerz- I've been trying to message you for a week or so.

check your messages - Have pm'ed you a couple of times.

Glad to have you in.

U2Tigers said:
LOL Tannerz- I've been trying to message you for a week or so.

check your messages - Have pm'ed you a couple of times.

Glad to have you in.

Yeah I know. I have been instructing a Surf Lifesaving camp last nine days and havent had much internet time.
But count me in

We have now got 16 teams - I require the coaches who haven't re confirmed to post in here to let me know they are ready to go.

can't really start until all 16 coaches know it is happening and where to find this board.

other than that we are ready to go - all I need to do is randomly select draft order.

But I also want to be sure that everyone knows the rules and is happy with them.

time for discussion in that respect is now.

cheers

cheers all.

C'mon coaches reply to PM's or this thread - as soon as all coaches are confirmed and happy the 1st pick can be made.

The draft order is now up in the 2009 draft thread.

Lets reply to this in order to get started.

I'm wrapped with my draft order. I don't think I would have cared to much where I was though. It would be nice to have a Top 3 pick...but out of the riches in the AFL list you'll get a proven player at 9. ;D

Ironcially, I am the first Richmond Supporter to be rewarded for finishing 9th...

This way i am always middle of each round. Being a extreme is great every second round but i'd rather be consistent in quality than up and down extremes. ;D

Now I'm off to work on a priority list for first round....

Note to self: Make sure I am not one of the humilated reading out a wrong registration number on draft day. ;D

Cheers Tigermad.

Reminder to the others to re confirm so we can get this started.

Pharace
Phantom
Col.w.Kurtz
CPTJonno2madcow
Tiger29

cheers