2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS!

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Re: The 2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 23 vs Essendon - VOTE HERE

3: Jackson
2: Ellis
1: Martin

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
Re: The 2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 23 vs Essendon - VOTE HERE

3 cotchin
2 martin
1 a edwards

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Re: The 2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 23 vs Essendon - REPORT

2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 23 vs Essendon

ESSENDON 2.4 3.6 5.8 9.11 (65)
RICHMOND 4.1 5.6 11.9 15.14 (104)

GOALS
Essendon: Melksham 2, Jetta 2, Hurley 2, Lovett-Murray, Howlett, Dalgleish
Richmond: Vickery 4, A. Edwards 4, Jackson 2, King 2, Martin, Grigg, Tuck

FINAL RESULTS WITHHELD FOR THE AWARDS POST

Total Voters=49

301542.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by spook

It was a strange feeling heading to the MCG for the last match of the season. Us Tiger fans are used to having nothing riding on the last match of the year - and there wasn't that much at stake here - except it wasn't the last match of the year. We were playing in the finals, and instead of hoping for a promising sign from a kid or two, we were praying for no injuries and discussing whether Jack and Newy would be right for next week and if Sheds wouldn't be too rusty after only one game in a month.

As we settled in our seats we saw on the big screen that Carlton was making a charge at Port Adelaide. As much as I have said I wanted to play Carlton in week one of the finals, I also hope those stinkin' cheats lose every game they play, so it was "Come on Port!", but it wasn't to be. So now we knew. Beat the Drug Cheats and we'll be playing the All Time Cheating Cheaters of Cheaterville.

Good.

I have two brothers. One of them hates Grigg and Petterd (no, it's not Zips), and the other one only hates Petterd (he has a simple and elegant view of Grigg: he's always on the opposite side of the ground to the ball - he just doesn't hate him for it). I was with that brother and my 14-year-old nephew, who is also a non-fan of Ricky's work. I settled in next to the nephew, with a couple of 50-ish Esserdrug fans to my right. Potential unpleasantness? Na, this is the MCC members and we don't mention the war. I barely heard a word out of the fells next to me all night. He clapped hard and doggedly early, but even that soon dried up.

So, to the game, and Jacko set the tone at the first bounce, smashing through a few dopers to headbutt Hibberd out of the way and win the pill. Jacko, Chimp, Conca and Nugget Foley saw us dominate the clearances, Grimey cut off and mopped up any ball that somehow squirted the wrong side of centre, and Aadwards was presenting up to the pill like a bloke who knew he had to do everything right.

A worrying sign was how easily they opened us up on the counter and we were lucky they can't kick, because they took 9 marks inside 50 to 2 for the quarter.

From about halfway through the first term to half-time, an eery lull settled over the G. Neither team could kick a goal. Richmond was practising tempo footy and the Bummers were just plain sh!t. Ricky the P was everywhere but so were his kicks, prompting derision from my left. Jacko shelled our one goal of the quarter, making the difficult look routine and I imagined him encouraging Ricky with a few words about how he used to be useless too.

[Sidebar: The evolution of Jacko has been a pleasure to watch. From white-line fever lunatic giving away stupid frees to Zen master still smashing in as hard as ever. From dud who could miss the unmissable to gun who regularly kicks the unkickable. His 2nd Q goal wasn't unkickable, it just took a good player to turn and drill it from 50 off two steps. Which he did.]

With Richmond fans being polite and not booing Jab and Essinjection supporters having a petulant little sook in the corner, it was the most un-60,000+ crowd of 60,000+ it's ever been my underwhelmtion (hey, Shakespeare made up words) to sit through. It was so quiet that at one point we could hear Hibberd screaming for the ball, standing in the centre circle. That got a laugh, because he was fair dinkum shrieking.

I stood up at the half, declared, "Well, that was awful", and went upstairs to meet an old friend for a beer.

He's an Essendope fan and as we queued to buy real beer in real glass (wonder what the poor people are drinking?) he opined that if the Bummers fought on hard for the rest of the game the Tigers might decide it's all too hard and save themselves for next week. I got all Spud Frawley on his ass and gave him the big, "Yeah, nah."

The game restarted as Matty was at the bar getting our second pints (yes, commoners, pints!) and he missed the early blitzkreig in Q3 that saw Vickers assert his authority over Carlisle, stepping around him for the second goal like he was Steve Kolyniuk. Grigga popped up from the opposite side of the ground to where the ball was to belt through another, then laced-out Aadwards who bombed it from 55 and the game was all over as a contest seven minutes after half time - if it had ever been one.

Matty and I have known each other since we were 12 so we were able to mention the war in a civilised manner. It was a short conversation: he suggested Sir James the Humble had taken a dive for the good of the game, and I asked him how his sister was.

We shook hands and took our leave at three-quarter time and I re-joined my bro and the boy. The seats around us were a little less occupied than they had been earlier, although a few hardy Essundone fans remained to cheer their consolation goals. A few booed Bashar, Jake and Jacko, forcing me to yell above the deafening silence to my brother, "Remember when we cheered meaningless goals at the end of games we got smacked in, because the finals were starting next week and we weren't in 'em? Yeah, me neither."

So, the game ended, we won easily, and Esserdope fans were asked to stay in their seats for a special thank you from the players. In the meantime, they played 'Tigerland' at least four times and we sang every word (like Jack at the start but Dusty by the end, i.e. 'meh, of course we won'), before turning our backs on the rapturous adulation of the drug cheats and heading out of the ground.

Mediocre game but finals next week, against the Scummiest of the Scum. Hope Whitey's hammy's ok. Better renew my MCC membership, the clever buggers make it due on September 1. Did it two months ago, said bro. He used to be the biggest Richmond bagger (that's because they were crap, he says), now he reassures me that we're a good team, with heart and character. He used to bag Jacko, now 'Sauce' is his favourite player since Dale Weightman. And we're playing finals, did I mention that?

The worm has turned. The world's a better place. Evil has been banished and the Tigers are back in the finals. I feel like a kid again.

EDITORIAL
by Panthera tigris FC

Well that's it folks. All votes are for the 2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award are in and tallied. The awards thread will appear at some stage after our finals campaign has completed.

There will be voting on the final(s!) match(es) to determine the best Tiger in the finals award.

Now let's smash those Blues!

Carn' The Tiges!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

ripper report thanks spook.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

pretty sure it was decided was to have a separate finals voting system western.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

rosy23 said:
pretty sure it was decided was to have a separate finals voting system western.

Thanks rosy. See you about this time tomorrow night to cast my vote after driving back from the G.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Re: The 2013 PREmier Finals Tiger Award - 1st EF vs Carlton - VOTE HERE

Not sure if we are meant to vote.

3. Cotchin
2. Jackson
1. Vlastuin

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide

3- Maric- battled battled tired then battled more.

2- Cotchin

1- houli

Flossy showed a lot of his more experienced mates up today

vernissage

Tiger Matchwinner
May 28, 2005

3. Cotchin
2. Maric
1. Dustin

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion