2014 Hindsight Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2014 Hindsight Draft

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Very much an opportunity missed here mate , Bytel & Williams would have set Richmond up perfectly for Ruck/Fwd/Mid depth

Yep, will be tough to get similar players next year I would have thought. As for next year, will attempt to cut a deal with the 2020 first rounder, probably do the same & grab two second rounders (depending on the depth of course). With Maurice Jnr being a likely first in 2020 it makes perfect sense, so will hopefully have 3 picks in the top 40.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Yep, will be tough to get similar players next year I would have thought. As for next year, will attempt to cut a deal with the 2020 first rounder, probably do the same & grab two second rounders (depending on the depth of course). With Maurice Jnr being a likely first in 2020 it makes perfect sense, so will hopefully have 3 picks in the top 40.

We currently hold our 1st 2nd and Gold Coast 3rd rounder which will probably be around the 40's range

Also have Xavier Naish as a father son who looks like being a 60+ type selection if we chose to nominate him so we will most likely just take 3 picks

So perhaps we may be in the market to trade our 1st pick for a player like Hopper or maybe combine it with the 2020 1st rounder to move up

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
There's an assumption that Maurice Jr will be a first rounder but is that based on hype from the family name and a few games with the Scotch Ponces or on rep footy? What's the actual evidence that he's elite more than simply flashy and promising?

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
turk-d-tiger said:
Very much an opportunity missed here mate , Bytel & Williams would have set Richmond up perfectly for Ruck/Fwd/Mid depth
Once you see how Balta, CCJ, etc. develop and how both RCD and Ross improve our team you might think differently.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
There's an assumption that Maurice Jr will be a first rounder but is that based on hype from the family name and a few games with the Scotch Ponces or on rep footy? What's the actual evidence that he's elite more than simply flashy and promising?

Has played at state level in the u/16s, as a 14 year old mind you, and starred so chances very high he's top 20 quality. Will find out more next year of course but he's highly skilled & wins his own ball.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
bullus_hit said:
Senior Team

Backs - Riley Bonner Sam Taylor Bachar Houli
Half Backs - Brandon Ellis Alex Rance Shaun Grigg
Centre - Shane Edwards Luke Parker Rory Atkins
Half Forward - Dustin Martin Tom Lynch Josh Caddy
Forwards - Jack Higgins Jack Riewoldt Lewis Taylor

Onballers - Brodie Grundy Dion Prestia Trent Cotchin

Bench - Jack Darling Jack Graham Luke Davies-Uniacke Kane Lambert

Reserves Team

Backs - Darcy Byrne-Jones Ryan Gartwaite Ben Miller
Half Backs - Nic Newman Noah Balta Josh Rotham
Centre - Patrick Naish Jack Bytel Tom McKenzie
Half Forward - *Mabior Chol Sam Reid Tim Membrey
Forwards - *Jay Kennedy-Harris Bailey Williams *Stefan Giro

Onballers - Toby Nankervis Connor Blakely Riley Collier-Dawkins

Bench - *Kym Lebois Shai Bolton Fraser Turner Jack Ross

* rookie list

Out - Miles, Mitch Hibberd, Bastinac, O'Kearney, Ladhams, Nick Graham

Trades - After securing Riley Collier-Dawkins last night, list managers approached the Western Bulldogs and offered them next year's first for pick 27 & pick 37 (a pick they were using on Rhylee West). Dogs accepted given it was a free hit next year & they also get West.

Pick 20. Riley Collier-Dawkins (rank 18)
Pick 27. Bailey Williams (rank 11)
Pick 37. Jack Bytel (rank 27)
Pick 38. Jack Ross (Ess pick for Saad last year)
Pick 58. Fraser Turner (rank 29)
Pick 62. Tom McKenzie (rank 33)

No additional rookies, Jay Kennedy-Harris & Chol demoted from senior list.

How's your salary cap looking? :)

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
deedee said:
How's your salary cap looking? :)

Yeah, the old salary cap, a bit of a mess, but I've promised a few guys some work in the media so all's good. ;D

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Yeah, the old salary cap, a bit of a mess, but I've promised a few guys some work in the media so all's good. ;D

Fortunately Bully's been allowed to use the Collingbush salary cap model, so there'll be no problems at all. ;) :mad:

Peaka

Tiger Rookie
Feb 14, 2005
Bully you have to choose which one of Riley Collier Dawkins and Bailey Williams you want and ditch the other. You would not have gotten them, both even if your trades came through. please change your team.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Peaka said:
Bully you have to choose which one of Riley Collier Dawkins and Bailey Williams you want and ditch the other. You would not have gotten them, both even if your trades came through. please change your team.

Trading 2018 1st rounder to the doggies for their 2 selections in the 30's would have gotten Bytel & Williams
Bullus is correct

Peaka

Tiger Rookie
Feb 14, 2005
No he isn’t Turk, he rated Williams higher than Riley Collier Dawkins so would have taken Williams at the RCD pick. We have no way of knowing that RCD would have made it to the trader in pick so you can’t have them both.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Peaka said:
No he isn’t Turk, he rated Williams higher than Riley Collier Dawkins so would have taken Williams at the RCD pick. We have no way of knowing that RCD would have made it to the trader in pick so you can’t have them both.
Sorry i thought you meant after we had already drafted RCD

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Peaka said:

Not correct, Williams didn't get an invite to the draft so was not going to be selected with a pick on the first night. Granted, I would have fired the moment RCD was selected but I was well aware of Williams being downgraded by most recruiters.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
BULLY what are your feelings about rcd,ross, sydney stack,i know its very early but are you happy,disapointed,surprised with these three to this point.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
jokershoppe said:
BULLY what are your feelings about rcd,ross, sydney stack,i know its very early but are you happy,disapointed,surprised with these three to this point.

Really pleased that all 3 look to have the professionalism required, especially RCD & Ross. Never doubted RCD's skill set, was always about his attitude & I'm starting to feel we've just done another Higgins highway heist. Ross was someone I'd seen very little of but his numbers stood out as a player with no obvious weakness. Again there may have been question marks around attitude given he went from u/16 captain to being dropped from the squad but that seems to have given the kid a serious rocket.

Must admit I've been a Stack sceptic ever since he was dropped from state football due to poor preparation, that at least seems to have been an aberration rather than the norm. I still reckon he's a long shot given his size & lack of athleticism but you never know, we've just been discussing Cripps & how he broke all the rules so anything is possible. For a rookie pick can't complain (and a much better pick than Aarts).

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
bullus_hit said:
Really pleased that all 3 look to have the professionalism required, especially RCD & Ross. Never doubted RCD's skill set, was always about his attitude & I'm starting to feel we've just done another Higgins highway heist. Ross was someone I'd seen very little of but his numbers stood out as a player with no obvious weakness. Again there may have been question marks around attitude given he went from u/16 captain to being dropped from the squad but that seems to have given the kid a serious rocket.

Must admit I've been a Stack sceptic ever since he was dropped from state football due to poor preparation, that at least seems to have been an aberration rather than the norm. I still reckon he's a long shot given his size & lack of athleticism but you never know, we've just been discussing Cripps & how he broke all the rules so anything is possible. For a rookie pick can't complain (and a much better pick than Aarts).

He certainly didn't look out of place at training yesterday, was most impressive

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:

Not too concerned about his size Bullus, He is the same size as Higgins & Bolton as well as the infamous byron Pickett
in all the footage i have seen of stack his athleticism looks fine but have read that his tank is on the low end of the spectrum is that what you are referring to or is there something els