2016 Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2016 Draft

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Ridley said:
Yeah his kicking action is putrid but he hit the targets. Then again it was a highlights reel.........

Will his kicking action be a hindrance at the highest level?

Seem to recall Rance had questions on his kicking action when he first came to the AFL, still does l suppose

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
CC TIGER said:
The club that's won the last 3 grand finals and played in the last 7 in the O & M

Pretty sure they said he was from Lavington FC not Albury FC on the Fox Footy telecast Corn Chips.

Regardless, it's a *smile* joke that the Giants get access to kids from Albury and surrounding areas. It's been Aussie Rules heartland for over 100 years. This kid would have been playing footy before the Giants were a twinkle in fat guts Demetriou's eye yet he's in their academy.

As I said, the AFL is corrupt.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Tigerdog said:
Frank Jackson says in radio interview... can do with work on his kicking. So much for the good kick mantra

Not many great kicks left at pick 72 DYT?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
TigerPort said:
Seem to recall Rance had questions on his kicking action when he first came to the AFL, still does l suppose

Rances kicking was never putrid or a real issue it was more his decision making when kicking

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Both should go early in the rookie draft I think. I still prefer Bunker but wouldn't be upset with those boys either. This is a very good draft with exceptional depth.

Forgot about Bunker hes a Bigger sized Mid isnt he Bully

E

easy_tiger

imagine if Himmelberg becomes the next Ashley Macintosh?

cant believe we missed him :hihi

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Happy with the haul, every player picked was in my top 60 and ranked higher than their eventual position. Well done Richmond on finally hoodwinking the draft experts.

Not bad, Bully. More than 50 out of your 60 were drafted. When are you applying for a job?

Actually, only 49. Still a damn good effort.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Ridley said:
Yeah his kicking action is putrid but he hit the targets. Then again it was a highlights reel.........

Will his kicking action be a hindrance at the highest level?
Putrid? Come on rids. The kid has a different action doesn't make it putrid. I like that he watches it to his boot everytime. He'll be right.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
His kicking action would be the worst in the AFL. Can't think of anyone since the mad Irish guy that kicked Cloke in the nuts that kicks that bad.

His one on one defence and marking though is fantastic.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
From the Hun:

RICHMOND

The Tigers grabbed inside terriers Dion Prestia and Josh Caddy in trade period and added another contested king in Jack Graham. He captained South Australia and won the Larke Medal as the best player on the national stage. West Australian Shai Bolton slipped to their first pick and he has exhilarating pace. Zips through traffic and will provide spark next to Jack Riewoldt, but will he want to return home? Some were spooked. Ryan Garthwaite finished top 10 at the combine in clean hands and kicking tests but does his best work down back. After Troy Chaplin’s retirement and with a question mark on Jake Batchelor and David Astbury, it was important to boost that position. Two first-rounders next your courtesy of the Brett Deledio trade means the Tigers walk away from the off-season pleased.