2017 Grand Final Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Grand Final Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I popped my last GF chemist showbag vitamin pill today. Hope that doesn't mean the euphoria will start to wear off.

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
I never even looked inside of mine, even though the guy responsible for all that Chem WH gear sat next to me. :rofl

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
tigersnake said:
I popped my last GF chemist showbag vitamin pill today. Hope that doesn't mean the euphoria will start to wear off.

Hope the vitamins weren't acid trips and we all wake up to discover we hallucinated about winning the Premiership

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Blind Turn said:
Hope the vitamins weren't acid trips and we all wake up to discover we hallucinated about winning the Premiership

I hope they were, I haven't touched mine yet. Could be in for a cosmic 2018!

E

easy_tiger

tigersnake said:

:rofl

Howd it go snake?

That spray on mineral mist is tremendous

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Blind Turn said:
Mate I hope you didn't use the suppository cream as face moisturiser!!

Thats why I dont use roll on deodorant, remove cap & push up bottom, had to get the wife to help me :), my farts smelt lovely

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
taztiger4 said:
Thats why I dont use roll on deodorant, remove cap & push up bottom, had to get the wife to help me :), my farts smelt lovely

:) said to easy before the game they should have put some immodium in there. Turned out we didn't need it!

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
taztiger4 said:

I can't get mine past the barbed wire.
I'll take your word for it re the farts

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
taztiger4 said:

;D good one.

The missus said to me what's that mark on your nose, i said it caused by glasses my dear. She said why don't you try contact lenses, i said because they don't hold enough beer.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
tigerman said:
;D good one.

The missus said to me what's that mark on your nose, i said it caused by glasses my dear. She said why don't you try contact lenses, i said because they don't hold enough beer.
That’s quite funny.

I will pay that.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Stinking hot couple days in Melbourne and now is about the right time to read this entire thread again. Grab a few coldies and read.

It is absolutely brilliant! So much raw emotion. I want the whole thing read at my funeral! A bit weird I know.

Hats off to all my fellow Tigers.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
One of the publications I picked up in my anything Tigerish frenzy was Inside Football's October edition.

It had several pages devoted to a table for each our or GF 22 - usual main stats per game but the most interesting column was the "out of 10' rating for each player each week [as well as a one sencence comment like in a racing form guide].

Scanning through those out of 10 ratings:

7 of our 22 had the best or equal best game of the season in the GF
another 5 had 2nd or equal 2nd best rating of the season.

Little wonder that collectively we played our best game of the season on the biggest day.

Best game: Broad, Graham, Grimes,
Equal best: Astbury, Houli, Nankerivs, Prestia
2nd best/equal: Vlaustin, Rance, Lambert, Edwards

Other noteworthy Rioli best Game PF (no surprise)
Martins finals 9,9, 8 in GF (he rated 10 v WCE)
Edwards Best, 2nd best and equal 3rd in the 3 finals

Only thing missing was the same tables for Crows

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
22 i have that edition, the only one i bought for the year and i read it from cover to cover.

Great reading.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
kiwitiger said:
All good so far , getting the game on our terms ,

Long way to go , but i like what I see so far , 31 points in a half of footy from the crows is unheard of ,

Go tigers

just had a bit of a read of the posts during the game ,

and found a post of mine I made at halftime live from the MCG , in all the excitement I had forgotten I did that , Gold

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
22nd Man said:
Best game: Broad, Graham, Grimes,

Grimes was the unsung hero of the finals. In successive weeks he took out Greene and Betts. Not only did he beat them both neither had any real influence at all .

Close to the most underrated player in the AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.