2017 rookie draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 rookie draft

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
As far as I can see, we have room for 2-3 rookies.
But we don’t have to take any.

Are there any left overs we can’t afford to miss?

Or Should we skip it and play with 43 this year.

Also, apparently we can just add Derek Smith now without drafting him.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
DirtyDogTiger said:

I thought we still had to wait til after the rookie/psd drafts?

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
DirtyDogTiger said:

We have one spot on the rookie list to fill. We can add to that category B rookies of which Derek Smith would be one.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Bullus, Turk , Scoop , DDT others in the know!

What about this kid below. Another big bodied midfielder ?

Cassidy Parish

Midfielder
190cm/87kg
Geelong Falcons/Vic Country
4/5/99

Parish showed his wares across the season for the Falcons and Vic Country as a big, bustling ball-winning midfielder who gets clearances and possessions at will. The younger brother of emerging Bombers midfielder Darcy, Parish is great with his hands at ground level and can feed the ball out to the runners. He's also very big for an onballer, which could appeal to a club looking for depth in that area.

Thoughts?

How many picks do we actually have available on Monday ?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Nomorewaiting said:

Cassidy Parish

Midfielder
190cm/87kg
4/5/99

Parish showed his wares across the season for the Falcons and Vic Country as a big, bustling ball-winning midfielder who gets clearances and possessions at will. The younger brother of emerging Bombers midfielder Darcy, Parish is great with his hands at ground level and can feed the ball out to the runners. He's also very big for an onballer, which could appeal to a club looking for depth in that area.

Thoughts?

1 pick plus any cat b's.

I'd like midfielder who has issues but plenty of upside. Reckon we have plenty of yourung talls to work with now, soldo, garthwaite, Moore, chol, ccj, balls, miller

Anyone good in the state leagues? The next Lambert would be good

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Surely the time will come that the rookie and psd drafts just follow the national draft?

What’s the benefit of having it 2 days later?

Then when all the drafts are combined then the natural extension is just having one list of 45, no rookies.

Until ten years later when someone suggests we have a rookie draft.....

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Nomorewaiting said:

Cassidy Parish

Midfielder
190cm/87kg
4/5/99

Thoughts?

He should be picked up, another mid wouldn't go astray. There's a few others I have ranked a bit higher but they are talls and I'm not sure we need anymore. Will have another look over the weekend and see what's on offer.

craig said:
Krueger and Dekka Smith wouldnt be a bad result.

Kreuger is one I'd be looking at, not sure what his best position is but that's probably why he drifted out to the rookie draft.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Jack Roughsedge

Had injury issues the last 2 years, played the late in the year for Chargers and stepped straight in and nearly won the BnF off the back of a handful of games.

When he was out injured he took on coaching roles with Oakleigh which I think says a lot too.

He'd be an absolute bargain, and comes with strong leadership (was Chargers captain in 2016) & is a super super high character individual.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Cassidy Parish anyone?

Big bodied mid who polled 11 votes in the Morrish medal (Jack Higgins won the medal with 22 votes).

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Who won the rising star award in the VFL? That's the one to go for IMO. If you have a look at the history of the award, they've been pretty good picks.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
for me
Trent Mynott ( very good mid)
and a roughie ANTHONY BROLIC !!!!! ( great player, strong and skilful mid) ..he is ready to play senior football

and a bargain!!

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
T-Shirt Tommy said:
Who won the rising star award in the VFL? That's the one to go for IMO. If you have a look at the history of the award, they've been pretty good picks.
Bayley Fritsch, went to Melbourne

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
There was some chatter on here regarding this scenario being on the table was'nt there?

I dont know if it was just some opinion that drove it or some inside noise