2017 Under 18 Champs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Under 18 Champs

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
A couple of left field questions if anyone knows the answers:

1. Is Trent Mynott's dad named Paul? Played with Dandenong and Oakleigh back in the late 80's and early 90's.

2. Is Kye Quirk any relation to Bryan Quirk and his son Matthew who coached and played at Oakleigh around the same time?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Midsy said:

1. Is Trent Mynott's dad named Paul? Played with Dandenong and Oakleigh back in the late 80's and early 90's.

2. Is Kye Quirk any relation to Bryan Quirk and his son Matthew who coached and played at Oakleigh around the same time?

Point 1, yes I think so. The dad coached I think out in the Eastern League for a long time and played a few games with St Kilda.

Point 2, don't know.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The Vic Metro vs Vic Country game is going to be streamed live on the AFL.com.au website from 12pm this Sat. Game is at Punt Road Oval for anyone who wants to watch live. Naish will be playing and Brett Anderson said Will Sutherland, (a potential top 10 tall prospect), will be named at full forward for Vic metro.

tigerstrang

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 10, 2004
Midsy said:

yes and yes

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
caesar said:
The Vic Metro vs Vic Country game is going to streamed live on the AFL.com.au website from 12pm this Sat. Game is at Punt Road Oval for anyone who wants to watch live. Naish will be playing and Brett Anderson said Will Sutherland, (a potential top 10 tall prospect), will be named at full forward for Vic metro.

Great, really keen to see Sutherland in action.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
bullus_hit said:
Great, really keen to see Sutherland in action.

Huge wraps on him Bully from people who've seen him at school level. Athleticism is off the charts.

If we go two talls, I'd be stoked to walk away with Balta and Sutherland.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
SCOOP said:
Huge wraps on him Bully from people who've seen him at school level. Athleticism is off the charts.

Is he leaning to footy over cricket?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
St Kevin said:
Is he leaning to footy over cricket?
Big pay rise for AFL players might help him lean a bit.

The best handful at cricket can earn a *smile* load but after that the shekels dry up a bit, not as many vacancies at state and national cricket as there are at AFL footy either.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
TigerMasochist said:

The best handful at cricket can earn a sh!t load but after that the shekels dry up a bit, not as many vacancies at state and national cricket as there are at AFL footy either.

All true TM. I bet Alex Keath is regretting picking cricket over footy.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
Jonesracing82 said:
850 AFL listed players & only 25 Cricketers get National contracts. i know where i'd rather be

With odds like that how could he turn away from cricket Jonesy ::)

As a key forward he could earn very good coin for many years even if he turns out to be no good. If he does live up to his potential then he will become a very, very rich young man.

Rowdy

11 + 2018 = 12!
Jul 15, 2009
TigerMasochist said:

The best handful at cricket can earn a sh!t load but after that the shekels dry up a bit, not as many vacancies at state and national cricket as there are at AFL footy either.

I think you might be forgetting the amount of $$ no name cricketers are making playing 20/20 around the world.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Broders said:
With odds like that how could he turn away from cricket Jonesy ::)

As a key forward he could earn very good coin for many years even if he turns out to be no good. If he does live up to his potential then he will become a very, very rich young man.
even tho with Cricket he's basically the Boss's son, he'll make better $ in AFL unless he's a gun Cricketer. more opportunity in AFL

tigerstrang

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 10, 2004
SCOOP said:

Schoolboy (APS)) doesnt cut it in my book, i like to see them play extended time in TAC b4 i make judgement.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
tigerstrang said:
Schoolboy (APS)) doesnt cut it in my book, i like to see them play extended time in TAC b4 i make judgement.

Jayden Hunt and Easton Wood never played TAC. We are willing to take kids out of other states that play the vast majority of footballer in a comp far worse than the TAC and on par with APS. Jack Scrimshaw didn't play TAC before the Metro champs last year, only played school footy.

If Sutherland performs and shows some talent at the champs, he will go top 10. Mobile key forwards are the rage.

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
Just how early is Darcy Fogarty going to be selected and what position is he best suited to?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Blind Charlie said:
Just how early is Darcy Fogarty going to be selected and what position is he best suited to?

I don't think he slides outside the top 7 unless a few come form the clouds. Physically, he reminds me of Matthew Pavlich. I don't think he is key forward material but he could turn out to be a Patrick Cripps type inside beast who is the same size as Pav. He hasn't set the world on fire yet at the champs but he's super hard. Interested to see how he tests at the combine.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
SCOOP said:
I don't think he slides outside the top 7 unless a few come form the clouds. Physically, he reminds me of Matthew Pavlich. I don't think he is key forward material but he could turn out to be a Patrick Cripps type inside beast who is the same size as Pav. He hasn't set the world on fire yet at the champs but he's super hard. Interested to see how he tests at the combine.

Maybe someones (his preferred club) is in his ear and he's tanking