2017 Under 18 Champs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Under 18 Champs

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
SCOOP said:
I don't think he slides outside the top 7 unless a few come form the clouds. Physically, he reminds me of Matthew Pavlich. I don't think he is key forward material but he could turn out to be a Patrick Cripps type inside beast who is the same size as Pav. He hasn't set the world on fire yet at the champs but he's super hard. Interested to see how he tests at the combine.
I dont think he's key forward material either but he does try to play with gusto for a big lad and just looks like he needs to hit the weights.
Thought the other day he looked quite good round the middle and across the backline at times but the big question mark I have on him is his kicking.

go polo

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 28, 2005
What is Sutherland skill like people talk him up in all aspects but have not head about the most important part kicking skills. I do worry about talls and school footy

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
You wouldn't be tempted by Rayner?

No I wouldn't. The rot stops now. Recruit talls and keep recruiting talls until we've restored the disgraceful inbalance within our list. Garthwaite the only legitimate tall prospect under development. The rest? Meh

E

easy_tiger

SCOOP said:
Naish to cost a first rounder.

dont we get to do a GWS style stooge and trade out for picks 89, 90 and 112 and get him for that?

hes a ripper. the 25m handball and then finish and goal was great

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
bullus_hit said:
Maybe, ran a very slow beep so needs some work on the tank.

Mid who has won ball at TAC level, has kicked 3 as forward in a big game and is a nightmare 1 on 1. Lock it in.

Patrick Cripps ran a 13.2, pretty sure Dusty ran only a high 13 and Danger was a low 13 high 12 from memory.

Rayner is at 11sih, it’s the one thing you can build a tank.

E

easy_tiger

so how does FS on Naish work?

he seems like a first rounder

will we be the first side to pay what a FS is worth?

do we get a discount?

hes a ripper. im sold.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
easy said:
so how does FS on Naish work?

he seems like a first rounder

will we be the first side to pay what a FS is worth?

do we get a discount?

hes a ripper. im sold.

We get a 20% discount on points but we must use points from our next pick. So we need him to drop outside our first rounders, and have enough points in hand with 3rd/4th round picks. (We may need to gain a pick here through a trade.)

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
nikolasmia said:
no offense bud, but this is a really dumb comment .

No offence taken but for the life of me can't understand why it's dumb. You'd be happy to abandon our desperate pursuit of a tall because his dad played for us? Sentimental recruitment over need? I'll take a premiership. Others can please themselves.
BTW I'm not suggesting the kid can't play. That would be stupid

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
We get a 20% discount on points but we must use points from our next pick. So we need him to drop outside our first rounders, and have enough points in hand with 3rd/4th round picks. (We may need to gain a pick here through a trade.)

With the 20% discount does some of that then apply to our next pick if we don't use it all (ie someone bids the pick before our 1st or 2nd and we match our 3rd then moves forward)? I think GWS have worked some alchemy like this in the past.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
SCOOP said:
Mid who has won ball at TAC level, has kicked 3 as forward in a big game and is a nightmare 1 on 1. Lock it in.

Patrick Cripps ran a 13.2, pretty sure Dusty ran only a high 13 and Danger was a low 13 high 12 from memory.

Rayner is at 11sih, it’s the one thing you can build a tank.

Eddie Betts ran an 11 but isn't an onballer. That's what you'd be banking on as far as an outcome is concerned. I have a pretty firm rule about top 5 picks and poor runners. It's a pretty simple philosophy with very few exceptions. It's the main reason I gave a firm no to Scrimshaw.