2017 Under 18 Champs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Under 18 Champs

spook said:
And of Bonar climbing into it.

The Burton factor is huge. With two first round picks, I’d risk one but if i Had a top 10 pick and that was it, it’s tough.

spook said:
St Kilda has two.

And are screaming out for a A grader. There my biggest concern to bid on Naish with their second pick and take Bonar after we match.

I know that don't like releasing all the test results but heights and weights you would think they are able to manage

SCOOP said:
I don’t see it happening myself but smarter people than me say it’s possible.

Brander at 15 would be a steal, best tall in the pool who has been played out of position all year. Happened with Parfitt last year, the coaches at state level & in the All-Stars games tinker and experiment, they are also inclined to play favourites. If we want a Riewoldt replacement then Brander is our man.

SCOOP said:
And are screaming out for a A grader. There my biggest concern to bid on Naish with their second pick and take Bonar after we match.

Put both picks on the table for pick 7 & a 2018 second rounder. Grab Brander and pick up Naish with 3 third rounders (Miles should get the job done).

Bullus would like your opinion on two specs for late picks; Nathan Kreuger and Sam Taylor.
Both 196cm, athletic and especially Kreugher plays with energy. Would like one at each end for the future.
Any obvious knocks on them?

Anyone know what the new official height of Oscar Allen is? Was 190cm but rumoured to have grown!

gehring said:
Bullus would like your opinion on two specs for late picks; Nathan Kreuger and Sam Taylor.
Both 196cm, athletic and especially Kreugher plays with energy. Would like one at each end for the future.
Any obvious knocks on them?

Think Kreuger goes around our Naish picks so would only come into contention if we blow a first. A little unsure where he fits in the side, he's not a typical bullocking KP type, more a tall utility. I probably prefer Wooller & McLean to be honest. McLean is actually perfect for our list requirements given he can ruck and already has an imposing frame. As for Sam Taylor, good pick, would be very happy if he lasted so late. Took on Keitel who is right on the cusp of being AFL quality, and held his own. Has all the tools without the bulk at this stage, wingspan also impressive.

gehring said:
Anyone know what the new official height of Oscar Allen is? Was 190cm but rumoured to have grown!

193cm I believe, also has great agility & leap. Think his stocks are rising and his performance in the All-Stars game capped off a terrific season.

I'm a big Oscar fan, prototype of the modern footballer.

I am a real fan of Toby Wooller from Oakleigh. I think he will be the steal of the draft. Very competitive beast.

Just got the official height for Oscar Allen - 191.1, not quite KP height, comparable to Jack Darling. Still think he would slot into our side quite well.

bullus_hit said:
Just got the official height for Oscar Allen - 191.1, not quite KP height, comparable to Jack Darling. Still think he would slot into our side quite well.

I do like Allen and like his footy smarts and reminds me a little of the things that Jacks does my only concern is his pace and with only being 191cm i would be worried another lennon situations to be perfectly honest.

Any 20mtr times for this kid that you may be aware of

I watched the Vic Metro games again today. Sheesh Sutherland is a big loss for footy

We should stay close to him. Imagine if in 3 years time he says he has made a mistake and we pick.him up as a Cat B rookie. Happy days

If the rumoured trade for picks with Melbourne were to happen, would Pick 10 dramatically change our prospect or has it already levelled out by then?