2017 Under 18 Champs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Under 18 Champs

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
axlefoley said:
Mitch Podhajski has been interviewed by our recruiters. Anyone provide more information about this boy? I haven't seen his name mentioned in any of the phantom drafts.
I caught a bit of a couple of games earlier in the year when he went pretty well in the backline.
Left thinking he'll be one to keep an eye on.Was actually impressed to hear he played forward not long after that when he kicked a bag.
Not too sure where he fits tbh.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Gus said:
Really good player and quality person. His skills are also quite good
184.2 cm 82.6 kg

Athletically he tested poorly but he wasn't quite right to be tested. He dropped off a few of them
I wouldn't let that put me off selecting him

Just think Garner fits what we value.

Still hope we get Brayshaw. He’s my dream result.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Astute viewers of TAC. Whats the go on Hamish Brayshaw? I know Andrew will go early like Angus but just curious about Hamish.

Gus

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 18, 2005
SCOOP said:
Just think Garner fits what we value.

Still hope we get Brayshaw. He’s my dream result.

To be honest, Brayshaw is top 5 and might sneak into top 4. I don't like our chances of getting him and unless we are prepared to trade our 1st rounders and even then it still might not be enough

Jimmeh

Joe Show
Nov 20, 2009
i watched Harry Perry's highlights, dang yo reckon he is very much underrated. I'd take him with one of our firsts no problem, think Adelaide would be all over him tho, particularly after losing Lever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obCR1skgJB8

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Gus said:
To be honest, Brayshaw is top 5 and might sneak into top 4. I don't like our chances of getting him and unless we are prepared to trade our 1st rounders and even then it still might not be enough

Brayshaw is clearly this years late bolter. Very disappointed we can’t jab him. So reminds me of Rory Sloane.

Great draft for top tier mids.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
SCOOP said:
Brayshaw is clearly this years late bolter. Very disappointed we can’t jab him. So reminds me of Rory Sloane.

Great draft for top tier mids.

He'd be happy the Bombers have traded out of the 1st round so they can't jab him either!

FistFullOfDollars

Tiger Rookie
Dec 16, 2009
axlefoley said:
Mitch Podhajski has been interviewed by our recruiters. Anyone provide more information about this boy? I haven't seen his name mentioned in any of the phantom drafts.

Tall utility with a long kick who can take a grab. Only listed as 190cm but plays taller. Might be someone who goes earlier than expected.

axlefoley

Tiger Superstar
Sep 29, 2007
FistFullOfDollars said:
Tall utility with a long kick who can take a grab. Only listed as 190cm but plays taller. Might be someone who goes earlier than expected.

Blind Charlie said:
I caught a bit of a couple of games earlier in the year when he went pretty well in the backline.
Left thinking he'll be one to keep an eye on.Was actually impressed to hear he played forward not long after that when he kicked a bag.
Not too sure where he fits tbh.

Mitch may certainly end up being a big mover in the draft and a surprise selection, for any team. Teams could be focusing on players lower in the draft to have versatility.

Richmond have told him exactly what they expect of him.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Brayshaw looking to go early in this draft is a shame.

Brander is a good prospect and would take him as the tall in this draft. Balta ok too.

Allen is meh.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Cal Twomey has us taking Sam Hayes at 15, and I think Naish at 17 (the feed hasn't updated yet).

Has the following:

1 - Rayner
2 - LDU
3 - Dow
4 - Cerra
5 - Naughton
6 - BRander
7 - A Brayshaw
8 - Stephenson
9 - Coffield
10 - Fogarty
11 - Higgins
12 - Clark
13 - Allen
14 - Constable
15 - Hayes

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I'm ok with Hayes, think there's a fair chance he develops as a dangerous forward. Kicked 6 in TAC game earlier this year. Clarke likes him too. Balta at 17 would be the icing on the cake. Would also love Worpel late, so many paralells with Graham. As for Hamish Brayshaw, really stiff to be overlooked last year, played hurt in the finals and performed with distinction.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Bullus & I have been saying it for months , Naish is a mid 20's bid , It was only Twomey that was pushing the Naish Barrell and Bukennara had him at #7 in his power rankings.

Shortish , Outside , Runners that are light and average speed average disposal do not go top 20
Good kid and but no champion

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Bullus & I have been saying it for months , Naish is a mid 20's bid , It was only Twomey that was pushing the Naish Barrell and Bukennara had him at #7 in his power rankings.

Shortish , Outside , Runners that are light and average speed average disposal do not go top 20
Good kid and but no champion

Would be very surprised if he goes under 15, just need to hope another club doesn't play spoiler. The fact recruiters have made housecalls is a warning sign.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Would be very surprised if he goes under 15, just need to hope another club doesn't play spoiler. The fact recruiters have made housecalls is a warning sign.

The only club i would be concerned about is Western Bulldogs if they get #13 from west coast to be honest, Im thinking clubs would have shown an interest if they had traded down to 14/15/16/17 etc but not top 10 picks

Also might have been doing their due diligence just incase but cant see an interstate team bidding with the go home factors in this climate

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
This seems petty, but in the HUN earlier in the week they had an "insider" who said that us bidding on academy players would come back to bite us in father and son bidding for Naish.

Our response to that issue was we wanted Hipwood, Kennedy and Rice with the respective picks.