2017 Under 18 Champs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Under 18 Champs

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Callum Twomey's 25 player's to watch from under 18 champs is now up on AFL website. In it he says in a year light on for talls-------
How things change in a year :(

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
Interested to see how the big lad Meek goes for VC, pretty sure he's an over age but his disposal looked ok for his size.

The other I'll be keeping an eye on is the small but powerful SA kid Crowden who I mentioned last year,has been playing 1's for Sturt which tells you
they think very highly of him.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
young naish ............................just like callum brown ........the name counts for something!!!!!!! but the afl skill set ????????

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
I got this info from a mate of mine who's heavily involved in the Wodonga Footy Club.

"Couple of players to look out for Ben Paton and Alex Paech , Ben an onballer and Alex a big and I mean big bodied defender 2 weeks ago destroyed the proposed No 1 forward in the TAC Cup, Adelaide spoke to him directly after the game and will get call from a few Victorian clubs no doubt. Paton a top age mid from bushrangers and just got 2nd best for Vic Country only behind a potential top 5 pick"

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Be very careful in reading reports from the game I was there and some of the players listed in the best were barely noticed, the reports are highly questionable.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Tails said:
Be very careful in reading reports from the game I was there and some of the players listed in the best were barely noticed, the reports are highly questionable.

What are your thoughts on MRjr?

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Jonesracing82 said:
What are your thoughts on MRjr?
First thing is he is very young and the first comment was he shouldn't be playing just yet. The NT team was beaten by 94 points and they were noticeably more lightly framed than their Tassie opponents. Rioli struggled to get much of the ball until the second half and when he did something nice turned the ball over with poor decision making. Don't believe Kevin Sheehans pumping up of him, its not warranted - yet.
The only NT player to show anything was the wingman Jacon Lampton, he has tricks and is one to watch out for. You could put a case for the wonderfully named Barrindi Ngurrwuthun who showed some pace and agility for a 190 cm 80 kg forward but that's about it.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
CC TIGER said:
Saw him on future stars the other day, how small is he Bully ? Be gone before our picks anyway I'd imagine

178cm, don't think this is a major concern given his style of play. He's very agile, keeps his feet and can dig out the hardball, a slightly slower version of Zorko. My only query would be his disposal at times, can be a bit wasteful but I don't see any issues with his technique. A good coach will get the best out of him.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2017/06/18/higgins-stars-in-vic-metro-victory/

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Smoking Aces said:
https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2017/06/18/higgins-stars-in-vic-metro-victory/
Thanks Smoking, will be at PRO oval 12pm Sat for the VIC Metro & VIC Country game to have a 1st hand look at our boy Naish.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Some small notes.

Adam Cerra has been spoken to by six clubs and one club has gone back twice. As much as I like him, no wayhe falls outside top 10. He's my favourite on baller who I would take if available.

Another on baller whose stock is rising rapidly is Trent Mynott, put a watch on him. Inside mid who just wins it. He could be in the mix at one of our picks. At 185cm and growing he has a great frame. Only 73kg but there is enough to work with.

Letsroar

Tiger Matchwinner
May 19, 2014
I know it is very early but are there any promising talls likely to be available at either of our first round picks

Kaelan

Tiger Superstar
Aug 7, 2004
Perth
Planning on getting down to Leederville Oval on Sunday for WA v Allies any players I should be keeping a watch on ?