2017 Under 18 Champs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Under 18 Champs

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Bizzbizz said:
so what the hell are we going to do with 17,20,25 bad trade period richmond

Really hope we don't match an early bid on Naish.

We really need key position players with our top picks.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
bullus_hit said:
Hayes averaged 1.6 goals at TAC level, still a work in progress but there is scope as a tall forward. Ling is classy but offers little more than Naish. Athletically very similar. For me it's Balta, Allen & Worpel for a perfect trifecta.

Bully what do you make of today's events?
Are we conceding that Naish will be bid on before 15 and rate him a must get with our 1st?
So nothing to do with points as we simply pick him at 17 and that the talent pool between 15 and 25 is so even?
I really don't get why they would give up 15 unless they rate Naish that highly which is not my understanding.
I also wonder why they want to bring in players who aren't stars. Surely they should have traded down? Ie. 15 & 17 for 12 & 25 to get an elite talent?
Confused!!!

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Blind Turn said:
Are we conceding that Naish will be bid on before 15 and rate him a must get with our 1st?
So nothing to do with points as we simply pick him at 17 and that the talent pool between 15 and 25 is so even?
I really don't get why they would give up 15 unless they rate Naish that highly which is not my understanding.
I also wonder why they want to bring in players who aren't stars. Surely they should have traded down? Ie. 15 & 17 for 12 & 25 to get an elite talent?
Confused!!!

Reckon we tried to trade up but no takers so we went with Plan B. We will get 2 picks in the top 25 plus Naish as a minimum, if everything goes great then we get 3 in the top 25 plus Naish, that would be amazing. This was a good trade IMO particularly as how it sounds is the top 10-12 are relatively set and the next from 11/13-25 are very even. In that case this trade makes perfect sense.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
spook said:
Ok, but I reserve the right to be disappointed.

I’d be disappointed too but i reckon with our new set of picks, if he is there, we will take him.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
mrposhman said:
Reckon we tried to trade up but no takers so we went with Plan B. We will get 2 picks in the top 25 plus Naish as a minimum, if everything goes great then we get 3 in the top 25 plus Naish, that would be amazing. This was a good trade IMO particularly as how it sounds is the top 10-12 are relatively set and the next from 11/13-25 are very even. In that case this trade makes perfect sense.

Agree smart trading, also think were backing in our development on not only the draft but our list.

Something that has not really been mentioned here, so many pluandets but Fly has obviously massive for the kids and VFL players, even the over age guys like broad, lol at their development, been a long long time since we could have confidence that we can draft/ trade and make them better players!!!

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hayes showed a bit in workrate and lead up ability, I'd be happy with him and it sounds like he might slip. Brander would be ideal but I think he will go early. Allen is a smaller third tall type with a good workrate. Balta is a speculative pick as he doesn't come from an AFL background. I really like Naughton but think he will be gone by 17.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Clubs the seem to be linked to players

Carlton - Constable
Collingwood - Coffield
Fremantle - Naughton
Adelaide - Fogarty
North - Stephenson
Stkilda - Brayshaw & Cerra

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
turk-d-tiger said:
Clubs the seem to be linked to players

Carlton - Constable
Collingwood - Coffield
Fremantle - Naughton
Adelaide - Fogarty
North - Stephenson
Stkilda - Brayshaw & Cerra

If St Kilda get those to they have killed it.

Freo rate LDU very highly.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
SCOOP said:
If St Kilda get those to they have killed it.

Freo rate LDU very highly.

Clear number 1 for mine, easily the best contested player in the pool and a genuine match winner. He's the type you can build a midfield around. If gone I reckon Freo grab Dow, think they will want some pace in the mix.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Blind Turn said:
Confused!!!

I think the general strategy was to guarantee 2 players in the top 25 with a possibility of 3. By my reckoning Naish is in the 15-25 range, so we have played it ultra cautious. A bid at 18 will probably be counter productive but a bid at 26+ would be a dream result. Just looking at Twomey's predictions Brander will be off the board but Allen, Hayes & Balta will be there. Two talls now seems a formality.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
taztiger4 said:
Yep, Derek Smith, played 4 VFL games & goes well , smooth mover.

I spoke to him @ JDM, he is hoping he slips through both drafts & we get him as a Cat B rookie essentially

How is that anything like ‘getting first dibs’ as Craig said?