2017 VFL GRAND FINAL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 VFL GRAND FINAL

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
spook said:
I'm here with CC, taz, easy, snake, Tooheys, and caesar, waiting for that lazy bludger Dyer'ere to grace us with his presence. Carn!
Shattering, heartbreaking , bloody near inconsolable that's how I felt after getting my hopes up I was about to meet 15 time punt road end poster of the year nominee Dyer'ere. As was pointed out yesterday by ToO or spook it was like meeting the wizard of oz. bloody distraught.

Wasn't thrilled with our performance yesterday, thought a few failed on the big stage, anyway great season by Flys group and congrats to Ayres and Port.

tigre garçon

Yes, 2017, 2019 and 2020... were very good years!
Apr 22, 2004
I went along... well done Port. I felt that the VFL Tigers could have played like their AFL brothers... unrelenting pressure football. If they did, there would have been tears of joy yesterday!

Greenie

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
Bill Haverchuck said:
Poor structure , simply too tall..
Hence losing to a far less talented team with a much better structure and team ethic
Basically the same as Richmond gws
I agree with this. A completely different structure to our Senior team with Moore, Griffiths and Chol in the forward line and Maric and Hampson in the ruck.

They couldn't play like our senior team if they tried.

Was a great day though. Bumped into the players inc Dusty in the lift. Saw Dan Jackson there too - looks super fit.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yes, overall a great season by the VFL boys and Fly, given our short time at this level and coming home with a wet sail. Maybe that H & A loss to Collingwood at PRO, costing them 4th place and a second chance (to get a week off) was costly.

Anyway, lots of promising development now happening at this level with CEllis, Short, Markov, Menadue, Bolton, Stengle, Moore and others ready to step up. By the same token, saw the end of a great stalwart in Ivan Maric. Also real doubts on the future of others too such as handy players in Miles, Lloyd, Conca and Lennon.

Great run this year though.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Went too tall. Maric and Chol shouldn't have played and needed 2 more runners.

Greenie

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
Harry said:
Yeah but those runners would have been VFL bottom of listers.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Exactly plus we have to play our listed guys; that's why we selected them. They need to get experience. Then the club can make decisions on their future, e.g. Elton most likely gone along with a few others. Chol? 'Who knows' category. This guy is an enigma but really doubt he will make it too.

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
It was a heartbreaking result but a wonderful year from the boys. Played some great footy in the 3 finals leading up to Sunday. Many positives from the season and a lot of quality kids to work with.

Markov, C. Ellis, Short, Bolton, Stengle, C. Moore, Garthwaite and Soldo all impress me. Lloyd and Miles are two of the unluckiest guys going around!

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
CC TIGER said:
Shattering, heartbreaking , bloody near inconsolable that's how I felt after getting my hopes up I was about to meet 15 time punt road end poster of the year nominee Dyer'ere. As was pointed out yesterday by ToO or spook it was like meeting the wizard of oz. bloody distraught.
Haha, pretty sure it was easy or snake came up with that. I've seen the man behind the curtain. I left out one member of our party, the great TOT70. It really was a who's who, and great to put so many usernames to faces. Gentlemen and scholars all, as you'd expect.

I've been saying all finals we were carrying one too many talls. Maybe two. Maric should not have played, was a complete liability. Wood and Coffield were both great contributors all year. One or both of them should have played and we would have won.

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
spook said:
Haha, pretty sure it was easy or snake came up with that. I've seen the man behind the curtain. I left out one member of our party, the great TOT70. It really was a who's who, and great to put so many usernames to faces. Gentlemen and scholars all, as you'd expect.

I've been saying all finals we were carrying one too many talls. Maybe two. Maric should not have played, was a complete liability. Wood and Coffield were both great contributors all year. One or both of them should have played and we would have won.

Wood and Coffield deserved a game.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Harry said:
I would have preferred we substitute Soldo for Maric or Chol.
Does anyone know why he wasn't played?