2019 Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Premiers

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Stat on twitter today.

Crows lowest score of 2017 was in the Grand Final.
Giants lowest score ever was in the 2019 Grand Final.

We crush them when it matters.

Combined score in both Grand Finals for GWS/Adelaide is 11 goals 19 points. Still not enough to win either 2017 or 2019.

I reckon we could have played a combined team each time and still won both games.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Who was the gws player?

not sure, I'll rewatch it and name him.

Combined score in both Grand Finals for GWS/Adelaide is 11 goals 19 points. Still not enough to win either 2017 or 2019.

I reckon we could have played a combined team each time and still won both games.

I think you've come up with a great concept there Totty.

All Australian V Richmond.

Imagine how many of us will buy Big R jumpers?

and the especially good thing is Dusty plays for Richmond

Why cant The AFL think of things like this for their *smile* novelty marketing filler stuff?

Gee, I wonder which would be more entertaining, sell more merch, get bigger ratings

The reigning premiers V the AA side or Team Rampage V Team Deadly?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
They did a reigning premiers v All Stars game for a couple of years in the mid-80s. Essendon v All Stars put on a great game if I recall correctly.

Reactions: 1 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
They did a reigning premiers v All Stars game for a couple of years in the mid-80s. Essendon v All Stars put on a great game if I recall correctly.
I saw one out at Waverley one year, could have been Hawks v the All Stars.
Stinking hot day, bars ran out of VB cans by half time, then had the nerve to sell XXXX after that. Suffice it to say, I was smashed at half time, and drove home sober

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Didn't we once have a game against the aboriginal all stars in Alice Springs. About 10 years ago??

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
not sure, I'll rewatch it and name him.

I think you've come up with a great concept there Totty.

All Australian V Richmond.

Imagine how many of us will buy Big R jumpers?

and the especially good thing is Dusty plays for Richmond

Why cant The AFL think of things like this for their **** novelty marketing filler stuff?

Gee, I wonder which would be more entertaining, sell more merch, get bigger ratings

The reigning premiers V the AA side or Team Rampage V Team Deadly?
w

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I saw one out at Waverley one year, could have been Hawks v the All Stars.
Stinking hot day, bars ran out of VB cans by half time, then had the nerve to sell XXXX after that. Suffice it to say, I was smashed at half time, and drove home sober

Who won larabee?

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Who won larabee?
After 30 odd years, including about 4 just to get out of the car park, i can't remember the score, but i do remember it was a good game, it was pretty hot (mid 30s?), XXXX tastes like beer flavoured cordial, and i kinda miss VFL Park

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Cotchin_4_brownlow

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 25, 2009
Watching Houli's grand final recollections on the RFC website - is he the ultimate team man and big game player?

I don't think I would've said that when he first came to the club but glad to be proven so very wrong.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Not conclusive Waiting but I reckon its *smile*? (edit; forgot swear filter doesn't like his name - dutch wild pig tagger)

Im having trouble finding it, but I think it happened twice to shed and the other one may have been Hopper?

GWS took the contrived, country footy macho routine through the finals, and

as I predicted, it made Richmond significantly better.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Not conclusive Waiting but I reckon its ******? (edit; forgot swear filter doesn't like his name - dutch wild pig tagger)

Im having trouble finding it, but I think it happened twice to shed and the other one may have been Hopper?

8.30 left in the quarter?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Not conclusive Waiting but I reckon its ******? (edit; forgot swear filter doesn't like his name - dutch wild pig tagger)

Seriously, and this may have been said elsewhere by others, but I could clearly see that our players were really careful to ignore any roughhouse tactics by GWS in retaliation. Aside from a bit of drag an opponent off a team-mate, push and shove etc. We chased and tackled hard but never fell for any dumb attempts to distract us from winning the hard ball fairly, moving it on quickly and converting it up forward. Dimma had obviously instructed our boys not to fall for any crap they might try.
This is proven by the stats too. Although each side won the same 361 disposals, our ball-use 3.3% better (looked far more). And, amazingly, after some shocking early decisions like that first top mark by JR unpaid, even the umps had to reward us for some dumb GWS tactics.
How often do we win the free-kick count 20/13?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
After 30 odd years, including about 4 just to get out of the car park, i can't remember the score, but i do remember it was a good game, it was pretty hot (mid 30s?), XXXX tastes like beer flavoured cordial, and i kinda miss VFL Park

Yeh, I remember the days of the train then bus. And once I got a car searching everywhere in the car park for the bloody thing. Always used to have a kick after the game waiting for the car queues to die down. The race to the middle after the second siren blew. All the young guys hovering on the fence ready to jump and run. And it was a sizeable drop to the ground at waverly. Miss that constant thump of footies you'd hear when kicking out on the ground. And the dodging of footies. Most people were pretty respectful about space.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Seriously, and this may have been said elsewhere by others, but I could clearly see that our players were really careful to ignore any roughhouse tactics by GWS in retaliation. Aside from a bit of drag an opponent off a team-mate, push and shove etc. We chased and tackled hard but never fell for any dumb attempts to distract us from winning the hard ball fairly, moving it on quickly and converting it up forward. Dimma had obviously instructed our boys not to fall for any crap they might try.
GeeWhizz played Tupperware tough footy all finals series. Their " hard " edge was mostly late incident scragging n face clawing. Genuine tough is head down, arse up over the loose ball n laughing when big pricks like Jeremy land on top of you, or smiling n hair ruffling when Toby gets all agro n macho.