2019 Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Premiers

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
I must know a better class of Magpie fans. All the ones I have spoken to have said they were grateful that they didn’t make the Granny because they didn’t want another year of pain on the last day.

They all agree we would have belted them too.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yep we certainly are premiers, something my daughter knew well after the day at Punt Rd, but knows even better now.

About once a month we see a friend of ours play music at a nearby venue. Across the road is a restaurant and there was a familiar face and piece of silverwear at the restaurant across the road, yep, Dimma and the cup.

They had to stash the cup which ended up next to where my daughter was in a vacant shop with a chaperone.

But the chaperone was nice so let a few people see it:

2019 cup with daughter small.jpg

Worst thing is I would normally have been there too but I ride Around the Bay once a year and that was on today so I was home tired and sore after riding 230KMs

DS

Reactions: 10 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I must know a better class of Magpie fans. All the ones I have spoken to have said they were grateful that they didn’t make the Granny because they didn’t want another year of pain on the last day.

They all agree we would have belted them too.
Yeah same. Met up with a mate Grand Final night. Said result would have been the same against them.

Reactions: 2 users

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
One of the most amazing smashings in a gf I’ve seen. The combination of brutal pressure (eg Edwards tackle on Greene) and dazzling grace (eg Picket’s blind turn) was something to behold.

I’ve seen GFs for decades and can’t remember any that would exceed such a full team performance. Glorious.

Yay us!

Reactions: 6 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Yep we certainly are premiers, something my daughter knew well after the day at Punt Rd, but knows even better now.

About once a month we see a friend of ours play music at a nearby venue. Across the road is a restaurant and there was a familiar face and piece of silverwear at the restaurant across the road, yep, Dimma and the cup.

They had to stash the cup which ended up next to where my daughter was in a vacant shop with a chaperone.

But the chaperone was nice so let a few people see it:

View attachment 9203

Worst thing is I would normally have been there too but I ride Around the Bay once a year and that was on today so I was home tired and sore after riding 230KMs

DS

Super stuff TripleS.

Lucky daughter.

And good on ya for doing the Ride Around the Bay.

That event supports The Smith Family (who I work for) and has raised over $10,000,000 to help change the lives of thousands of disadvantaged children through education.

M57ZTQIAI5QFSVNMTGKDYPR7QY.jpg

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

i was 1 row behind the yellow "eat em alive" banner in the background for all of the post game celebrations. my 2m tall mate could be seen in many of these type of pics (not this one), including the one on the back page of the herald sun souvenir liftout. i was next to him, but too much of a short arse to be seen.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Thought you guys might like some unseen footge from the granny.

Here is Marlion Picket bursting through the mddle after a great tap down from Nank... (Keep watching for a cameo by Jason "nutballs" Castagna at 50 seconds)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Super stuff TripleS.

Lucky daughter.

And good on ya for doing the Ride Around the Bay.

That event supports The Smith Family (who I work for) and has raised over $10,000,000 to help change the lives of thousands of disadvantaged children through education.

M57ZTQIAI5QFSVNMTGKDYPR7QY.jpg

Around the Bay is certainly tough and I do it for the challenge.

But one should never forget that it is a fund-raiser for the Smith Family. I can't be bothered fund raising so I just chuck in a couple of hundred as my contribution. I figure, maybe 8,000 riders, if all put in $100 then you have $800,000 in one year and many will put in more or raise more. They seem a good charity so worth contributing to.

As for my daughter, yep, rapt to get to see and hold the cup. We go to the footy most weeks and are both Roaming Tiger members so have a nice spot near the Punt Rd goals.

DS

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Enjoy this one PRE.

Found it on youtube.

Damien Hardwick talking on MMM

Interesting from Dimma and interesting to “see” radio. They have their own barista there! And Wil Anderson seemingly sits seperate to the others.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
enjoyed that thanks waiting.

credit to Eddie for acknowledging the quality of our indigenous program

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Enjoy this one PRE.

Found it on youtube.

Damien Hardwick talking on MMM

Cheers Waiting. .... putting aside my dislike for Collingwood Eddie, ...... the actual Football Eddie was really professional and also genuine in his praise of Dimma and the club.
Got me thinking that Eddie ain't no fool and probably realised we would've smashed the pies too!

Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Great discussion of the Pickett selection for the GF team as well...

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Interesting from Dimma and interesting to “see” radio. They have their own barista there! And Wil Anderson seemingly sits seperate to the others.

Wil does a lot of his broadcasting from a different studio in Sydney when travelling. Happens a lot with radio, both with hosts doing their shifts from interstate and overseas.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Boys in Thailand!

Quite a few went.

Attachments

• A677B5B2-A39A-4353-822B-85DCD5C6C159.jpeg
    A677B5B2-A39A-4353-822B-85DCD5C6C159.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 99

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Cheers Waiting. .... putting aside my dislike for Collingwood Eddie, ...... the actual Football Eddie was really professional and also genuine in his praise of Dimma and the club.
Got me thinking that Eddie ain't no fool and probably realised we would've smashed the pies too!

Indeed, it seems most people are in agreement that we would've wiped the floor with Collingwood in the same manner as GeeWhizz.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I have watched the game three times now and after the first one I have relaxed and seen so much more of what happened on that day. The main thing I see is the guys are not playing as individuals but as a total team orientated group. A touch of the three musketeers style. So unlike a number of other clubs

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I have watched the game three times now and after the first one I have relaxed and seen so much more of what happened on that day. The main thing I see is the guys are not playing as individuals but as a total team orientated group. A touch of the three musketeers style. So unlike a number of other clubs

And that's why we would have smashed anyone that we came up against by at least 10 goals.

Smart Pies fans are counting the blessings.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

A few years ago I sponsored someone at work who advertised that they were doing the ride. I didn't know the person, but this is the type of fundraising that I like to contribute to. Since then there's been an endless stream of communications from Smith Family to my place of employment. I wish they'd stop. :help