2019 Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Premiers

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
When you win a flag, you mainly hear about the happy stories. Many PREnders have or will share their Grand Final day story in a thread such as this. Lifetime memories. But this post is about a sad story involving a good friend of mine and the crazy events of last Saturday morning.

My friend (let’s call him Trevor) lives interstate and loves the Tigers. He flies up a few times per year to see games in Melbourne. He flew here last week to watch our Prelim win. And he flew in to Melbourne last Friday in the hope of snagging a GF ticket.

As it turned out, I was able to snag him a ticket through a prominent member of PRE (I’m not sure if that PRE member wants to be named, so I will not mention him at this stage, but he was very understanding of the whole situation. He was great and I think him profusely).

So anyway, after the parade on Friday, Trevor, myself and another Tiger mate (let’s call him Sam) agreed to spend the whole weekend at Sam’s house so we could celebrate together. We ended up watching a replay of the 2017 GF on Friday night before getting some rest for the big day.

At 2am on Grand Final day, Sam woke me up and said something had happened to Trevor. He found him lying on the steps that led down to the garage. Trevor was screaming in agony. It turned out that he went looking for the toilet, but being in an unfamiliar house he took a wrong turn and slipped down the stairs. We called the ambulance and was taken to hospital.

After tests and X-Rays, it turned out Trevor had broken his hip and required surgery. The surgery was performed on Saturday afternoon. So not only did he miss going to the game, but wasn’t even able to watch it.

Mind you, this is the same guy who broke his neck in another freak accident early last year (which he recovered well from). Trevor wasn’t able to get a ticket for the 2017 GF. He bought a corporate ticket for the 2018 GF only for us to lose in the Prelim. So he feels like the footy gods aren’t on his side.

Bad luck about your mate, Binman, and hope he's recovering well.
You'll have to look after him for next year's GF, follow him everywhere, and take him places he's not likely to get hurt. Maybe a GWS training session?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
When you win a flag, you mainly hear about the happy stories. Many PREnders have or will share their Grand Final day story in a thread such as this. Lifetime memories. But this post is about a sad story involving a good friend of mine and the crazy events of last Saturday morning.

My friend (let’s call him Trevor) lives interstate and loves the Tigers. He flies up a few times per year to see games in Melbourne. He flew here last week to watch our Prelim win. And he flew in to Melbourne last Friday in the hope of snagging a GF ticket.

As it turned out, I was able to snag him a ticket through a prominent member of PRE (I’m not sure if that PRE member wants to be named, so I will not mention him at this stage, but he was very understanding of the whole situation. He was great and I think him profusely).

So anyway, after the parade on Friday, Trevor, myself and another Tiger mate (let’s call him Sam) agreed to spend the whole weekend at Sam’s house so we could celebrate together. We ended up watching a replay of the 2017 GF on Friday night before getting some rest for the big day.

At 2am on Grand Final day, Sam woke me up and said something had happened to Trevor. He found him lying on the steps that led down to the garage. Trevor was screaming in agony. It turned out that he went looking for the toilet, but being in an unfamiliar house he took a wrong turn and slipped down the stairs. We called the ambulance and was taken to hospital.

After tests and X-Rays, it turned out Trevor had broken his hip and required surgery. The surgery was performed on Saturday afternoon. So not only did he miss going to the game, but wasn’t even able to watch it.

Mind you, this is the same guy who broke his neck in another freak accident early last year (which he recovered well from). Trevor wasn’t able to get a ticket for the 2017 GF. He bought a corporate ticket for the 2018 GF only for us to lose in the Prelim. So he feels like the footy gods aren’t on his side.

Tell him to watch the replay.
That will stop him feeling sorry for himself

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Tell him to watch the replay.
That will stop him feeling sorry for himself

I wouldn't say he's been feeling sorry for himself. he even cracked a joke saying he's "getting closer and closer to seeing one" and his spirits have been surprisingly good considering the circumstances. but that could be all the painkillers they've pumped into him. deep down he must be hurting a lot (in more ways than one).

I actually emailed the club on Monday to see if there was anything they could do for him as a gesture (maybe some memorabilia or something). But I haven't heard back yet. busy time i guess.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wouldn't say he's been feeling sorry for himself. he even cracked a joke saying he's "getting closer and closer to seeing one" and his spirits have been surprisingly good considering the circumstances. but that could be all the painkillers they've pumped into him. deep down he must be hurting a lot (in more ways than one).

I actually emailed the club on Monday to see if there was anything they could do for him as a gesture (maybe some memorabilia or something). But I haven't heard back yet. busy time i guess.

I know what it's like to miss out on the GF when you have a ticket in your hand. Despite going this year I will always regret not being able to make it for 2017. No other Grand Final in my lifetime will be as special as that.

But your mate should be content that come next grand final he can be there with less trouble of getting a ticket

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
2014 rookie draft -
Pick 11 - Jayden Short
pick 26 - Jason Castagna
pick 46 - Kane Lambert
pick 68 - Ivan Soldo
Hate to be a stickler but it was actually the 2015 AFL Rookie Draft held on 03/12/2014

For some reason the Rookie draft is always named as the year after if that makes sense

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Considering the adversity we've overcome this year the 2019 premiership feels bloody special.

Reactions: 1 user

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
This was on page two and has't been touched since Friday!

Bad PRE! Bad! :bash :))

We smashed those privileged AFL owned pretty boys like a 70's rock guitarist smashes a TV in his hotel room after 10 stamps of LSD, plus a bottle of JD and 4 groupies!

GWS' big noise turned out to be "meep, sorry".

Dusty, Jack, Bacher, Marlion and Prestia were fantastic and so was everyone else.

The Tiger Army drowned out everything the orange plastic opportunists could muster in the crowd.

Even the first quarter where the commentators were saying it was close we had the ball in our attacking half for 80% (guess) of the time.

Wouldn't be surprised if we broke GWS like we broke Easter Island in 2017.

*smile* yeah! Another flag!

Good on yer Tigers!

Roll on 2020!!!

0281212fb0d9435bcfb3d0b759f203d0

#AFLAreCorrupt

Reactions: 8 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
The League are in panic mode. To paraphrase Salty..."a lot has had to go right for them...AGAIN". They have no clue what to do about us.
Good contest early.
Excellent teamwork in those early goals. Yes a soft one to Jack but for all the ones he doesn't get, we'll take that iffy free. He kicked beautifully the whole game
What followed was a beautiful breathtaking disintegration of Hi-Vis.
Dusty just the Boss. Off the leash as they had to deal with Presto tearing them a new one.
Lynchy...roaming around drawing 2 defenders, kicking straight
The whole backline just sensational. Broady, Vlas, DTLD and Grimes what a unit. 3 goals for the whole game kicked against them...
Caddy giving it to the grub the whole day.
No injuries (unlike 17 with Rio)
So many Tigers got to see it...
I got to bring my Tiger buddy who has stage 4 breast cancer to her first ever GF (could not have done that if the filth had made it)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Hate to be a stickler but it was actually the 2015 AFL Rookie Draft held on 03/12/2014

For some reason the Rookie draft is always named as the year after if that makes sense

Almost as good as the legendary 2019 supplementary draft

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Worst thing about returning to work this weeks is there is no bloody GWS supporters
and all the Collingwood morons are making themselves scarce

Funny part about all the Maggots fans I know have all said the same thing.

"Wouldn't have won like that against us".

I agreed, but then followed up with yeah but we still would've beat your lot too.

All to a man agreed and actually happy they didn't go back to back with another beating in a Grand Final.

Wouldve been sweeter if we bashed them up by 80 odd ............................... wouldve crippled them the rioting from Skunk supporters would been oh so sweeet.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Worst thing about returning to work this weeks is there is no bloody GWS supporters
and all the Collingwood morons are making themselves scarce
Not where I am. A few ferals avoid me or have the nerve to make some smartarse comment and lots of bandwagoners that don't even realise the season's over.