2020 Membership card | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Membership card

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Received my 2020 Platinum card yesterday which means I’ve accumulated a good collection over the years - but for the time ever I was left unimpressed.
FWIW the photos on the front include two players that I don’t recognise and in whom I have no interest in whatsoever.
Obviously there will be fans who like this move but it absolutely ain’t for me and I feel peeved that it’s been forced on members in this way.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
haven't got mine yet. I'm assuming there's girls on the card tenacious?

Tigers are pushing social boundaries concurrently with winning premierships.

The only way I try tell people how to think or do, is focus on the positive.

If change isn't for you, focus on the premierships, $25m in the bank and this golden era.

Personally, there's nothing the tigers are doing in these times that I dont love.

we could recruit Daniel Menzel out of retirement and I'd get his number on my back.

Reactions: 4 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Mrs's and daughter #2's membership pack arrived today, they go to 2 games a year. Mine and daughter #1 no show, we haven't missed home game for 2 over 2 years.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I like the fact we have both AFLW and AFL players pics on the card. It shows we're serious about all the competitions we are a part of. In any case, it will be the first year we have an AFLW team so some recognition on the membership card is appropriate.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I like the fact we have both AFLW and AFL players pics on the card. It shows we're serious about all the competitions we are a part of. In any case, it will be the first year we have an AFLW team so some recognition on the membership card is appropriate.

DS

Yeah fair enough and each to their own obviously.

Meanwhile I’ve looked closely at the fridge magnet fixture included with the membership pack. While I couldn’t give a rat’s clacker for the first six games of 2020 – the seventh game of the season is definitely something to look forward to.

Assuming I’ve read it correctly – on Mar 19th the Richmond Men’s team are playing the Carlton Men’s team in a home game at the ‘G.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im much more self conscious about wearing a jeep sign around on my chest

than having a big strong woman on the plastic card in my wallet

Jeeps are complete heaps of *smile*. I wouldn't bury one in my paddock in case a cow grazed the grass that grew out of one.

whereas I love women. Especially big strong ones.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Received my 2020 Platinum card yesterday which means I’ve accumulated a good collection over the years - but for the time ever I was left unimpressed.
FWIW the photos on the front include two players that I don’t recognise and in whom I have no interest in whatsoever.
Obviously there will be fans who like this move but it absolutely ain’t for me and I feel peeved that it’s been forced on members in this way.
Could not agree more it’s the Richmond men’s team membership not the women’s. Should have been like the 2018 card.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It must be the off season.
it must be off season :D

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I wonder what percentage of our members have any interest in aflw? Now with our own team.... Mine is same level as yours L2

Im not terribly interested, but Im extremely supportive if that makes sense.

and Im sure if Richmond women are playing the Collingwood girls on the TV, I'll get pretty interested pretty quickly

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I wonder what percentage of our members have any interest in aflw? Now with our own team.... Mine is same level as yours L2

It was one of the questions on a recent member survey, so the club would have the figures.

I happily follow Test cricket without watching any Big Bash, and have a similar approach to this.

Reactions: 1 user

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Actually pumped about the aflw.
Have two girls and my eldest is taking a strong interest in footy.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I think it is fantastic, AFLW is the best thing to happen to football since the expansion to a national competition.

If anything, I'm disappointed there are separate memberships for the AFL and AFLW programs. I would have preferred every membership to increase by $5 and be a full club membership, which would have injected 500k into the AFLW program.

I agree, but I note that the AFLW membership is "Richmond Women's Football Foundation" or something to that effect. I suspect the Richmond membership may technically be for all teams: AFL, VFL, AFLW, VFLW and VWFL. The Womens' teams are teams fielded by the Richmond Football Club, it isn't a separate club, it is part of the same club.

DS

Maxwell

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 23, 2003
Melbourne
How well are we going. It's a week before draft and a few weeks post trade period and all we can find to whinge about is who is on the membership card.
What a glorious time to be a tiger!

Reactions: 6 users