2020 Premier merchandise | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Premier merchandise

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The stuff I have ordered is scheduled to take a couple of months to reach me so the club has said. They still wont commit to a 2020 finals DVD set yet which is a bummer as I can only watch them on replay for a few more weeks until the membership runes out.
On the membership note I have got my overseas membership pack through early this year. It includes a membership card although they had previously said they will stop sending them out to us and a couple of stickers that my grandson has claimed. The pack cost saving continues

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
My posters arrived today too.

Already got a mug from the Punt Rd shop.

D

My posters arrived today too.

Already got a mug from the Punt Rd shop.

DS
I have tried to get a mug from the shop but it is not shown on the website and the shop says it is unable to ship one to me. So if I want one I will have to shell out a few hundred pounds and fly to Melbourne to get it so I guess I don't need one so badly and will keep using my old mug.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
It's advertised at DVDLand for $130 and Sanity for $145, but still not cheap. Will be waiting for JB's regular 20% off DVD & Blu-ray sale before purchasing. Last couple of times the sale has coincided with the week that the season pack became available.

Hoping that fewer games and new manufacturer means better quality DVD transfers also. The 2019 quality for H&A games was well down on 2017 and comes under notice on a big screen.

Last year JB had a 2 for the price of one sale on the box set too. Not long after I got mine which was pretty annoying.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I have tried to get a mug from the shop but it is not shown on the website and the shop says it is unable to ship one to me. So if I want one I will have to shell out a few hundred pounds and fly to Melbourne to get it so I guess I don't need one so badly and will keep using my old mug.

Strange they won't ship a mug, especially to an overseas member.

Very little on the website which I also find strange.

Maybe hey think they won't sell much this time with COVID and 2 other recent flags.

DS

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
What I can't believe is they're still producing stuff on DVD. What is this, the 90's? We're heading towards 8k TV's now, sport is being shown in HD already. Surely they can at least give us a blu-ray season pack with a 4k grand final?

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I have thought about getting a Blu-Ray player and might do so soon. At the moment I only have DVD.

Then again, I generally buy music on records and have no streaming.

But, you are very correct, not having the finals pack and the season pack on Blu-Ray is just ridiculous. Maybe the sales aren't high enough.

DS

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I have thought about getting a Blu-Ray player and might do so soon. At the moment I only have DVD.

Then again, I generally buy music on records and have no streaming.

But, you are very correct, not having the finals pack and the season pack on Blu-Ray is just ridiculous. Maybe the sales aren't high enough.

DS
I bought a Blu Ray player last year for the specific purpose of watching the GF with different commentary. It's the only thing I've used it for. From memory it was around $120.

I can't watch standard definition; it hurts my eyes.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I can't watch standard definition; it hurts my eyes.
The difference is particularly noticeable with sport when the camera pans.

The thing with Blu-ray players is the picture quality doesn't vary much between budget and high-end models. Expensive units will have fancy audio chips for better sound, more inputs/outputs, more functions and a better remote, but picture-wise the gains from spending more are very small. You can get units fitted with Darbee picture processing but I rarely use it. Sometimes I'll convince myself that it's an improvement but in the end I'll turn it off.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I was thinking a decent player as then I can connect it to the stereo for music performances. The other thing I have noticed is that I would need to spend to find one with stereo sound output as I have a stereo and no interest in surround sound. My amp, with valves poking out the top, requires analogue inputs so need one with the ability to do analogue sound out.

It is all about what suits each person but I am thinking I will wait until after Christmas and see if I can get a decent Blu-Ray a bit cheaper.

I do find I can't see a great problem with DVD picture, even on a decent size TV. I also find it a bit ironic that we demand better picture as we get older and out eyesight deteriorates, especially after staring at computer screens all day. But our TV is hi def so why not use the caabilities it has.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I was thinking a decent player as then I can connect it to the stereo for music performances. The other thing I have noticed is that I would need to spend to find one with stereo sound output as I have a stereo and no interest in surround sound. My amp, with valves poking out the top, requires analogue inputs so need one with the ability to do analogue sound out.

It is all about what suits each person but I am thinking I will wait until after Christmas and see if I can get a decent Blu-Ray a bit cheaper.

I do find I can't see a great problem with DVD picture, even on a decent size TV. I also find it a bit ironic that we demand better picture as we get older and out eyesight deteriorates, especially after staring at computer screens all day. But our TV is hi def so why not use the caabilities it has.
Same here, setup is all-stereo (or at least 2.1).

I know exactly what you mean when you say you're content with DVD, but once you've seen Blu-ray on a large TV in your own loungeroom it's hard to go back. Good transfers of old movies like The Sting, Cool Hand Luke and Jaws pop from the screen as though they were filmed yesterday. Blu-ray players will also typically "upscale" DVD images so that the picture is improved, though they can't entirely compensate for the much lower resolution of the format. A 4K player will also upscale Blu-ray for 4K TVs.

Not game to try 4K disks lest I catch the upgrade bug.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Bit like when I go looking for a cartridge for the turntable, you do sometimes wonder how something so small could cost $25K. Luckily I'm not quite that silly.
I'm quite proud of my setup but it's not in that league.

If you're serious about your home entertainment, you could consider the Eidos Reference Blu-ray player by Goldmund. Yours for only $175K.

BNabUVV.jpg

That's US dollars...

• Wow

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

If you're serious about your home entertainment, you could consider the Eidos Reference Blu-ray player by Goldmund. Yours for only $175K.

BNabUVV.jpg

That's US dollars...

I'll take half a dozen!

But I would prefer this, from the same people by the look of it:

The-World-039-s-Most-Expensive-Turntable-Goldmund-Reference-II-3.png

Only $306K. Plus you need a tonearm and the only Richmond content you might be able to find would be one of those old 7" singles of the club song.

We can all dream, but needless to say I have never paid anywhere near $25K for a cartridge.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Surely they can at least give us a blu-ray season pack with a 4k grand final?
What would be interesting is a GF video that allows you to switch between half a dozen different camera angles. Would need to be closer to DVD quality to fit everything on a disk, but it works well with concert videos.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016

BNabUVV.jpg

That's US dollars...
If you put it in the average room in the average house would it sound any better than a $400 BluRay?

Foxtrot

Tiger Rookie
Oct 12, 2003
Bathurst NSW
To those that ordered some of my prints, they arrived this arvo - took a bit longer than expected so sorry about the delay. They'll be shipped by tomorrow and you'll get tracking info via email.

I made a few extras so if anyone else is interested in some unique small run Tiger merch hit up my big cartel store here.

cheers!!

tigs-posters.jpg

Reactions: 6 users