Are We Going To Turn On Our Team or Circle The Wagons in the Face of External Vitriol and Attack?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Are We Going To Turn On Our Team or Circle The Wagons in the Face of External Vitriol and Attack??

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
I hope, as the most passionate and loyal supporter base, we have learnt some valuable lessons over the past 4-5 years when it comes to staying the course and not turning on our magnificent Team.

We are being attacked from all angles at the moment and this presents as the most sternest of tests of our supporters’ resolve.

I’m very much looking forward to what lies ahead and will be there with bells on, my enthusiasm levels not waning, but thriving
even further.

:gotiges

• Love
Reactions: 26 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I hope, as the most passionate and loyal supporter base, we have learnt some valuable lessons over the past 4-5 years when it comes to staying the course and not turning on our magnificent Team.

We are being attacked from all angles at the moment and this presents as the most sternest of tests of our supporters’ resolve.

I’m very much looking forward to what lies ahead and will be there with bells on, my enthusiasm levels not waning, but thriving
even further.

Good post Tass, it's time to show some True Grit. I've got the reigns between my teeth and I'm ready to take on all comers.

Reactions: 4 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Circle the wagons every day of the week to external crap.
Internally we need to be honest about where we are at.

Reactions: 8 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria

even further.

We just methodically evaluate where we are including a review of why this year has turned out as it has. Make whatever rational decisions are required, communicate that clearly to the membership (it’s only us that truly matter anyway - not the media) & then go again. We just get better as a result.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
As bad as we are feeling at the moment this could turn out to be of long term benefit. Losing lays bare the areas that need fixing. The club can go into full time review of the list and the game plan and reset.

Whatever the result this year I can just look at the picture of the 3 premiership cups hanging on the wall to make me smile.

Those turning on us now may regret it next year as we can come back hard in 2022 on the back of our first extended offseason break, refreshed playing list and easier draw.

Reactions: 10 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
i have always circled the wagons. this time is easier because we have the resources to provide a charge from the cavalry.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I dislike the way debate is framed as either with us or against us. Critically discussing players is not turning on the team. And I could care less thinking about the kermits blobbos and cornes revelling in our demise.

I will never forget the 2017 finals series. I was lucky to attend all 4 games, I get goosebumps thinking about it now. I can still hear the boos as the Cats ran out. The bemused look on Ottens face (he'd rung some stupid bell before the game) as he tried to work out what the crowd was booing at. Your team you big goose! The unbridled joy at the opening goal by Towner. The dusty/stewart goal. Cotchins GOTY at the end. The Prelim. Dusty to Lambert to open the scoring. Caddy snapping the 2nd less than a minute later. Those feelings will never ever be lost. Rioli playing with carefree abandon in that prelim. I just watched the below clip. Wow.
Cotchins tackling!! WTF. He was immense. Dustys goal to start the last just made me cry. Can any tigers supporter watch this Prelim clip and not cry.

In some ways that 2017 finals series was the very best of us.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
yeah everyone else can GAGF.

This Mighty Tigers outfit is the greatest side ever.

and we were there, not only to bear witness to 3 magnificent flags,

but we drove a knife in Shocking and Scotts Geelong not once, not twice, but three times.

:rotfl1

we could barely have scripted it better.

plus we'll be back for another flag before Dustys done.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Media on ignore. Windbags and p!ssants.

Put everyone in for surgery, get some games into kids, trade cannily, shoot the eyes out of the draft, come back with fire in the belly and win it all again.

Like 2017-20 made 1983-2016 worth it, winning it next year would be just as sweet. *smile*, it might almost be better.

Reactions: 12 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Can any tigers supporter watch this Prelim clip and not cry.

I cried. Thanks for posting Jazz.

Its easy to forget how inspirational Cotchy was.

Its like he was on meth in that game.

Its no wonder he looks tired. imagine doing this week in/week out for 5 years?

He's gonna struggle to get out of bed in the morning when he's 45.

and he did it for us

hes my hero. I love him

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I cried. Thanks for posting Jazz.

Its easy to forget how inspirational Cotchy was.

Its like he was on meth in that game.

Its no wonder he looks tired. imagine doing this week in/week out for 5 years?
And the look on Jackmond's face on the siren says it all...

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
watching that clip reminded me that Cotchy is my greatest tiger ever.

Reactions: 1 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Wore my Tigers cap on a walk this morning and got some weird looks. *smile* them.

If anyone said one word to me, was going to ask how many *smile* flags has your *smile* team won recently.

Wear the colours with pride. We're going through a rough patch atm, but we'll be back.

Reactions: 10 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Only way to stop the criticism is by players putting in an effort of 110%
At the moment it’s looking like a bunch of individuals that try for a few moments then they just go into their shells and wait for next man to do something

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
Its actually really simple.

Acknowledge this year is too big a hurdle. Rest all injured players. No tanking but play only fit players. Be conservative. Trial youth. Drop down the ladder. Get a top 10 pick. Trade in a midfielder and hopefully a free agent. Win grand final next year

Reactions: 6 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Still proud to be Richmond.

We've survived bad times before but there are now 3 premiership posters framed in my shed.

In any case, I don't think we'll be down for long, we might win next week and get back in the 8.

Maybe this dynasty is over, maybe not, but the right people are running the club so we should be able to get to the next dynasty a lot quicker, if this one is over.

Remember, we broke the drought in 1967, stormed home to win in 1969 - but the intervening year? Missed out on finals.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Wore my Tigers cap on a walk this morning and got some weird looks. *smile* them.

If anyone said one word to me, was going to ask how many *smile* flags has your *smile* team won recently.

Wear the colours with pride. We're going through a rough patch atm, but we'll be back.

Just ask them to name the reigning premiers.

DS

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Th
I dislike the way debate is framed as either with us or against us. Critically discussing players is not turning on the team. And I could care less thinking about the kermits blobbos and cornes revelling in our demise.

I will never forget the 2017 finals series. I was lucky to attend all 4 games, I get goosebumps thinking about it now. I can still hear the boos as the Cats ran out. The bemused look on Ottens face (he'd rung some stupid bell before the game) as he tried to work out what the crowd was booing at. Your team you big goose! The unbridled joy at the opening goal by Towner. The dusty/stewart goal. Cotchins GOTY at the end. The Prelim. Dusty to Lambert to open the scoring. Caddy snapping the 2nd less than a minute later. Those feelings will never ever be lost. Rioli playing with carefree abandon in that prelim. I just watched the below clip. Wow.
Cotchins tackling!! WTF. He was immense. Dustys goal to start the last just made me cry. Can any tigers supporter watch this Prelim clip and not cry.

Thanks mate, needed that.

Reactions: 1 user