2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

He doesn’t have class. Not at the moment anyway. He can run and spread and break lines, and looks great doing so, but for me his kicking currently is not of a standard to put him into that definable “class” category.

I note Draft Central describe his areas for improvement as being 1) kicking consistency and 2) composure. Couple of other Draft sites have mentioned similar.
I can't endorse someone who has those traits as key areas of improvement.

Reactions: 3 users

thanks for the link monkey.

very impressive form guide. I wish they published it in magazine form at the newsagent - they be very collectable - like art catalogues.

extra impressive is they dont adhere to every other phantom and find their own players

Reactions: 2 users
I can't endorse someone who has those traits as key areas of improvement.
Well, quite possibly Scoopie Doo. Is it a composure thing ? ie slow down a step before kicking. An injury thing ? Who knows. Elite coverage of the ground and elite breakaway speed and run and carry.

Anyone interested, go watch the Sandringham v Dandenong game on the NAB League website. Free to access. Just watch the first quarter. All the pros and cons of Josh Sinn on full display in that particular quarter of football. Fantastic run and attack…good tackler….but absolutely murders the football. Number 4 for Sandy.

Reactions: 4 users
This has been argued before as many thought we paid too much for Collingwood’s 27.
Don’t think we will be trying to trade any of the 5 unless we do great on the first night with 9 and 17 and something extremely strong is still available in the second round,
agree with this. So my post was suggesting that we are not the club to have 'guaranteed' Schlensog a spot.
Think we will only trade for an earlier pick and not out of it

That is good hair. Best thing is his older brother also has good hair. Bloodlines are looking OK. This is important.

Anyone know his old man?
danbutlerfamily.jpg

Can confirm the family have great hair!!

• Haha
Well, quite possibly Scoopie Doo. Is it a composure thing ? ie slow down a step before kicking. An injury thing ? Who knows. Elite coverage of the ground and elite breakaway speed and run and carry.

Anyone interested, go watch the Sandringham v Dandenong game on the NAB League website. Free to access. Just watch the first quarter. All the pros and cons of Josh Sinn on full display in that particular quarter of football. Fantastic run and attack…good tackler….but absolutely murders the football. Number 4 for Sandy.
The biggest swing for the fences would be taking Sinn and Sonsie. Ultimate all or nothing. Very unRichmond.

We love ground ball doubles early.

I'll watch it tonight.

danbutlerfamily.jpg

BY GOD LOOK AT THE MANE ON PAPA BUTS. Mufasa from the Lion King wishes he had that.

Hair game is very strong in the Butler lineage. Elevate him six spots on the draft board Clakrey.

• Haha
I don't believe his kicking is Whitfield class, he has the range but not the accuracy. The only reason to pick him so high is that you firmly believe he will be a Chris Judd type midfielder. As a genuine wingman? No need to spend a top ten pick, especially with the injury history & lack of exposure. Form at u/16 level should be treated with extreme caution, it doesn't always translate to AFL level.
My Whitfield comparisons were based on how Sinn moves and the creativity he creates off half back and through the midfield.

And with regards to U/16 ignoring it could also be at your peril. Lets remember these kids havent played a full season for 2 years. If anything their U/16 form line should be a key factor.

Reactions: 1 users
danbutlerfamily.jpg

they could do a family production of Snow White and the 7 dwarves too, if they could con Taylor Harris into playing the lead.

You'de think Geezer was debuting as a ruckman.

going by that impressive draft hub form guide,

we could land Johnson, JVR and Sonsie then add a couple like McDonald and Bazzo?

Ive got a feeling Sonsie could turn out the 3rd best player in this draft

Damn. Article today saying GWS considering taking Callaghan and then Howes because the two are good mates. Help with go home factor. Was hoping we might get a slim chance at Howes. Unlikely.

danbutlerfamily.jpg

Now this is the sort of important, in depth, not common knowledge research PRE is famous for. Thanks Rory Hilton.

Fantastic mane lineage. Gives Leysy great comfort. Let's draft him.

Best delete the post shortly though, lest it escapes into opposition hands.

Thoughts Redford?

Reactions: 1 user

Draft focus: Richmond​

Holding five of the first 28 selections at this year’s draft, the Tigers aren’t short on options.​

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Damn. Article today saying GWS considering taking Callaghan and then Howes because the two are good mates. Help with go home factor. Was hoping we might get a slim chance at Howes. Unlikely.

the idea of pairing them with buddies is fine on your first day of Kinder,

but as men? seriously?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
the idea of pairing them with buddies is fine on your first day of Kinder,

but as men? seriously?
Geez - I'll have a bite on this one.

I don't think boys of that age could be considered adult or men at all - only for the rarest of exceptions. Boys are emotionally incomplete - they have a lot of growing to do. Having someone you trust to help you along that path is really important (assuming good character, of course).

Having a mate along with you could help enormously to adjust to interstate life, life away from home. I moved interstate when I was 32 and wished for 2 years I could have a few more mates about - and I had my wife with me! Some one to have a laugh with, to confide in, to have a whinge to. At 18 I would have been lost.

I think it's good drafting strategy to bundle mates together - so long as you're getting the players you want / need.

No way I'd do it with high picks for the sake of it - they'd need to good players in their own right. But as a drafting consideration - certainly part of the mix.

Reactions: 4 users
I wouldn't want Schlensog anywhere near Punt Rd
Is that perceived attitude? This is something that I'm largely clueless about, the drinking at the stadium & hair dying certainly rings a couple of warning bells, fair play to those who think it contravenes our no DH policy.