2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Is Draper a mid or more half forward?
That question is why I’m not that high on Draper and why he’s rightly slipped in the Draft. He might be a winger in time but he’d need to lift his work rate esp running. I also don’t see the highest of competitiveness - bit of a cheap gatherer at times. Prefer Spook’s boy Murley over him and others.

Reactions: 1 user
Perhaps, you never know if kids are sending signals out to stay at home, it's entirely possible. Performance wise? Maybe they see him as too uncontested but I can see a well rounded midfielder with an imposing physique & outstanding skills. If I'm Freo I'm smiling all the way to the bank, three homegrown kids including a Cerra replacement.
Just seeing this result. Pretty shocked with our haul so far. Erasmus now gone, Alleer too.
Keen on Johnson but don’t see how we get him.
Fejo a must. Butler?

On Brown and taking a back flanker in the top 20....
Its a safe bet. Too safe.
Feel like we should have aimed for elite A class.
We've seen how important it is to have a well rounded team - but we've got that and can top it up each year.
But Superstars are also needed.

It was time for a high stakes pick.
Barry Gibcus gives us an elite defender.
We could've aimed for a starting centre square onballer.

Hope with our last pick its on the wildest small we can find - Ronny Fejo maybe?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just seeing this result. Pretty shocked with our haul so far. Erasmus now gone, Alleer too.
Keen on Johnson but don’t see how we get him.
Fejo a must. Butler?
I think there's still some outstanding depth, Taylor, Goater, Howes, Butler & Draper.

Still reckon with the players on the board I'd be looking at trading up and around. I want either Sonsie or MacDonald (as think Johnson is off the radar), both suit is very well and a lot of the other players have question marks. I'd be happy with sliding a bit further back to get what we want.

If we can't get Norths pick 22, the Hawks pick 26 is what I'd be after to get 1 of them, preferably MacDonald, reckon he's the best pure mid left in the draft (maybe Johnson too).

Sonsie / Butler / Draper / Tayler - Probably 1 of them, all can start at half forward
Bazzo - Maybe, do we need another tall with next year being a talls draft
Knevitt / Roberts - Don't want
Goater - Poor kick, this could hold him back significantly

Reactions: 1 users
On Brown and taking a back flanker in the top 20....
Its a safe bet. Too safe.
Feel like we should have aimed for elite A class.
We've seen how important it is to have a well rounded team - but we've got that and can top it up each year.
But Superstars are also needed.

It was time for a high stakes pick.
Barry Gibcus gives us an elite defender.
We could've aimed for a starting centre square onballer.

Hope with our last pick its on the wildest small we can find - Ronny Fejo maybe?
Have you seen him play? He was always going 1st round.

No point picking a mid if he isn’t better than Dow, RCD or Martyn.

Reactions: 8 users
Still reckon with the players on the board I'd be looking at trading up and around. I want either Sonsie or MacDonald (as think Johnson is off the radar), both suit is very well and a lot of the other players have question marks. I'd be happy with sliding a bit further back to get what we want.

If we can't get Norths pick 22, the Hawks pick 26 is what I'd be after to get 1 of them, preferably MacDonald, reckon he's the best pure mid left in the draft (maybe Johnson too).

Sonsie / Butler / Draper / Tayler - Probably 1 of them, all can start at half forward
Bazzo - Maybe, do we need another tall with next year being a talls draft
Knevitt / Roberts - Don't want
Goater - Poor kick, this could hold him back significantly
I.m with you on this Pman, though I'd go Sonz first.
Sonsie by trade
Hope Macca is available. If not Taylor or Draper (think Butler will be gone)
Then Fejo or Artie Jones!

I.m with you on this Pman, though I'd go Sonz first.
Sonsie by trade
Hope Macca is available. If not Taylor or Draper (think Butler will be gone)
Then Fejo or Artie Jones!

I don't think the hawks will trade 23, they will take Sonsie there. They might trade the other to drop a few spots and gain an upgrade elsewhere. They have Pick 52 which will likely to come in to around 3 spots as GWS and Saints will lose their picks in the 40's with bids. We should get someone decent around that 49 pick, Fejo, Rankin, Curtis, Dean, Soligo, maybe even someone like Murley slides.

I'm not disappointed.

He is 186cm. Some on here are saying he's 184.
Cal Twomey had him going at the next pick to Sydney, so clearly he was in the range of picks in most drafts.

We havent got a power running, speedy, good sized half back that runs all day. Bachar retired.
It tells me we like Stack (if he makes it), up forward. We like Liam Baker to help with midfield rotations. And we arent sure about Daniel at half back. Personally, I'd put Daniel up for trade to help us get Taranto next year.

For those saying you dont pick defenders and half backs with 1st round picks, Brisbane picked Wilmot before us and GWS picked Alleer with pick 15.
Melbourne needed 2 1st round picks for Lever didnt they?
Makes a lot of sense Bob.

If it’s true Hawks we’re considering Johnson with pick 5 then they for sure will offer their 2 2nds for pick 19.

Reactions: 1 user