2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

If it’s true Hawks we’re considering Johnson with pick 5 then they for sure will offer their 2 2nds for pick 19.
Don't believe everything you read.
This draft was always going to be unbelievably hard to guess the top 10 let alone the top 20.
If this was The Melbourne Cup.
I would be have a few 30-1's in my trifecta.
There's no form line.

Reactions: 2 users
The only disappointment for me on the whole night was Hobbs in tears when we didn’t pick him and then seeing him slide through to the Druggies

Reactions: 4 users
Reckon a trade we missed was Brisbane,s 20.
They went Lohmann. Surely he wouldve been available at our 28.

Reactions: 5 users
Reckon a trade we missed was Brisbane,s 20.
They went Lohmann. Surely he wouldve been available at our 28.
That is very true, let's just hope we land gold from here, there's still potential for a nice batch.

Reactions: 1 user
For those interested, my mail tells me we wanted Willmont and were surprised he went the pick before.
And Geelong are filthy at us switching to Brown which makes it all the better.

And of course I’m wrapt on getting Bubkes. I fought a lonely fight for him from day one with very little support.
We simply could not pass on a KPD who can swing forward. Fills a desperate need.

Then we poach Taranto next year.
Go Tigers

Reactions: 10 users
I’ve never really understood the “rank by talent alone” theory - how do you compare Hobbs vGibcus? Maybe the recruiters rank the players by talent by position type - so for our first pick it was a choice of #1 ranked defender vs 5th ranked mid and for the second it was #1 running defender v #6th ranked mid? This makes sense of the Tom brown-with-no-e selection. But when the pool shrinks (and there are say 30mids v 5 small forwards left), it will get trickier… some funky maths and a little magic dust required

I’ve never really understood the “rank by talent alone” theory - how do you compare Hobbs vGibcus? Maybe the recruiters rank the players by talent by position type - so for our first pick it was a choice of #1 ranked defender vs 5th ranked mid and for the second it was #1 running defender v #6th ranked mid? This makes sense of the Tom brown-with-no-e selection. But when the pool shrinks (and there are say 30mids v 5 small forwards left), it will get trickier… some funky maths and a little magic dust required
That's pretty much what they do.
Top echelon of mids, keys, flankers rucks etc.
Then next tier, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Assuming Wanganeen-Milera can be included in the "medium" (small) defender category, that makes Brown the 5th ranked so far this draft behind also Sinn, Chesser, & Wilmot. 5 in the top 20 seems excessive and perhaps an indictment on the quality available/lack of key position players?

For those interested, my mail tells me we wanted Willmont and were surprised he went the pick before.
And Geelong are filthy at us switching to Brown which makes it all the better.

And of course I’m wrapt on getting Bubkes. I fought a lonely fight for him from day one with very little support.
We simply could not pass on a KPD who can swing forward. Fills a desperate need.

Then we poach Taranto next year.
Go Tigers
Every phantom draft in the country had Wilmot to the Lions at 16, how could we be surprised?