2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Hopefully our recruiting staff regularly reverse engineer past drafts to find out why we missed certain players and why we misjudged the missed players.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Hopefully our recruiting staff regularly reverse engineer past drafts to find out why we missed certain players and why we misjudged the missed players.
You would hope this is standard practice every 6 months on every draft from 5 years ago.

Reactions: 1 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
The guy that a lot of PRE's astute judges wanted to avoid from this draft is really starting to blossom.

Leysy's boy Mac Andrew's upward curve is pronounced.

5 intercept marks on the weekend. Still only 19.

Still spewing he didn't sneak through to us. Reckon if Gold Coast went someone else at 5 he would have.
Where is wonder boy?
Hasn’t played seniors or Magoos this year as far as I know.
Injured?

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The guy that a lot of PRE's astute judges wanted to avoid from this draft is really starting to blossom.

Leysy's boy Mac Andrew's upward curve is pronounced.

5 intercept marks on the weekend. Still only 19.

Still spewing he didn't sneak through to us. Reckon if Gold Coast went someone else at 5 he would have.
Ya see him on the weekend, Bryan? Whoa.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Nah didn't mate. Had a bit on.

Looks like he turned it on?

He's gunna be some player. Game changer.
He was incredible, Bryan. Very much in control. Dogwick has him firing already.

He was super impressive Jack.

We have someone very similar in our own backyard call Mutaz. Might not be Andrew’s quality but he has been mighty impressive in the VFL.
That was some breakout, Smoker. It was surprising how quickly he emerged.

We might be able to pick up El Nour in the MSD. If he lasts to our pick, goddammit.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He was incredible, Bryan. Very much in control. Dogwick has him firing already.

That was some breakout, Smoker. It was surprising how quickly he emerged.

We might be able to pick up El Nour in the MSD. If he lasts to our pick, goddammit.
Young Mac was touted as a top 5 pick so no surprise he's stepping up to the mark early days this year. Not 100% sure but didn't Muttley nominate for last years mid season draft?? Muttley's what 23 years old so he's approaching the age bracket where most other clubs won't even consider him, probably only an elevation through his VFL side to AFL. Enjoy watching him play at VFL level, wouldn't mind if he gets a look in at senior level, also don't mind watching Yassine playing at VFL level so far. There's another bloke who can move at about 100mph across the paddock n surprise the oppo.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
For a long time, there’s been a number of people on PRE praising St Kilda for their 2021 Draft class and picks in the years before and after.

So, just exactly how good has Chris Toce been ?

Whilst it’s a bit early to make calls on the likes of Wilson and one or two others, I’m not sure if Toce and his selections since 2019 (when I believe he became National Recruiting Manager) have been anything special.

Think a few people are overrating the players, and with it, Toce’s performance. Personally, need more convincing on Toce and some of the players he's selected for St.Kilda.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
As far i am aware he did their last 2 drafts?
He started in 2015 with them. He worked in SA for a while. State Head of Recruiting for Victoria and Allies for a few years, then National Manager for 2022 and 2023, yes.

So let’s say input until 2021, and full control 2022 and 2023.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Josh Ward (pick 7) and Sam Butler (23) dropped from Hawthorn's team this week.
I couldve told you the night they drafted Ward.
Typical 'comes from a good school and is an outstanding kid'
Pity he is an average footballer.

You need a kid that failed HSC or dropped out of school at year 9 and played for the seniors when he was only 15.
And has an angry edge.
Loves body contact.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Josh Ward (pick 7) and Sam Butler (23) dropped from Hawthorn's team this week.
Is anyone confident that Mitchell knows what he’s doing with that club, their game plan and their entire list (not just Ward and Butler) at the moment though ?

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Is anyone confident that Mitchell knows what he’s doing with that club, their game plan and their entire list (not just Ward and Butler) at the moment though ?
No but don't tell them. They've have plenty of success (12 flags in my lifetime) and are due a couple of decades in the wilderness.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hawthorn is in a world of hurt they've really got not much to go forward with. unlike Norf.

Mitchell is going to need to find a hat with some rabbits in it. That said so is Yze.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hawthorn are in a world of hurt theyve got reallynot much to go forward with. unlike Norf.
I don’t think it’s that bad. But Mitchell projects as a problem. Even my old girl’s brother and family who are avid Hawthorn fans can’t stand him - reckon he’s a conceited smart arse. They’ve met him many times and predicted he’d be a disaster when he was appointed.