2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Samson may have the same amount of disposals at AFL level as JRV but at least he has played a game.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dunno if I’ve seen JVR get a kick today ? Maybe I missed it. Tuned in a bit late.

Edit - just got one. 5th quarter. Massive shank.

Last edited:

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
I suspect the Brown over Van Rooyen selection is going to sting for a very long time.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I'm not so crazy on JVR as the commentators. Would have thought you were watching Wayne Carey.

Being a Dees forward about the best gig in town.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Don't reckon the Dees would have been to bothered about losing Jackson. They got pick 13 from the Dockers for him and their 2023 first round pick and 2023 second round pick, and had Van Rooyen with a year of development in him to bring into the side.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Well done to the kid for the 3 goals, but let's just calm down a bit.

The first was from a free kick, and the third was from a dubious HTB.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Well done to the kid for the 3 goals, but let's just calm down a bit.

The first was from a free kick, and the third was from a dubious HTB.
It's not about his three goals.
The kid just looks a natural.
Plus, he's a versatile size, nice straight kick, can take a contested mark, and has a bit of go in him.
Pretty much everything we wanted really.
It was just way too obvious a selection and yet somehow we managed to not pull the trigger.
And compounded the error by getting a HBF'er with a question mark over his appetite.

Reactions: 3 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Ha! Reckon you know Leysy's posting enough, that there was a bit of tongue in cheek and stirring in that post.

Didn't see Van Rooyen's game, but looks like he started well. Interesting to see how he develops.

Has quite similar traits to Jack Bauer. Hopefully our guy can keep improving and make the standard.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
On JVR I'll admit he's already better than Joe Daniher

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
NO OFFER FOR PROMISING BOMBER

Essendon are in no rush to extend the contract of first-round draftee Ben Hobbs, having not tabled a contract offer to the tough second-year midfielder.

Opposition clubs are monitoring Hobbs’ situation – including the fact he has not played at AFL level this season, after 17 games last year – and starting to inquire about his potential availability.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...e-for-roo-dee-hits-pause-20230403-p5cxng.html

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
NO OFFER FOR PROMISING BOMBER

Essendon are in no rush to extend the contract of first-round draftee Ben Hobbs, having not tabled a contract offer to the tough second-year midfielder.

Opposition clubs are monitoring Hobbs’ situation – including the fact he has not played at AFL level this season, after 17 games last year – and starting to inquire about his potential availability.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...e-for-roo-dee-hits-pause-20230403-p5cxng.html
Fwoar. That's lookin like a serious size 20 hobnail with steel toe caps being planted fair up the kids clacker. 17 games last year n then none this year, is there a massive buyer beware issue hovering somewhere in the background????