2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I haven’t seen any of the future stars yet, so I’m just going on PRE reports , I generally like the idea of packaging and moving up towards the elite talent at the top of the draft, however ( correct me if I’m wrong) isn’t this draft got a top 5 or 6 and then evens out dramatically over the next 25 or so ? Could there be some genuine B grade talent in the 20s ? no doubt we could get a few picks in that region

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Reported as a strain initially and then a tear.

Neither are good when you’re that young and it costs 8 weeks.
Might have something to do with the 13kgs he put on in a hurry. Body wasn’t conditioned to carry the extra load?

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
This will definitely be an intriguing draft. You could make an argument for a lot of players for us to choose at 7.

What’s crucial here is we try and snag another pick in the teens as there will be some very good players available.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Any reason why we aren’t talking up Rachele for our first pick?

5. Josh Rachele​

Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country | Forward/Midfielder

11/04/2003 | 180cm | 78kg

NAB League: 4 games | 18.5 disp | 2.7 goals

Rachele is unique in his highlight-reel play combined with best-in-class leadership. A leader of the Murray Bushrangers, the powerful small-medium forward plays above his height with gravity-defying aerial exploits, and weaves his way through trouble with ball in hand to snap freakish goals. He also pushes through the midfield and bursts through packs with serious power. All of that makes him a bonafide top pick, but what solidifies it is his huge character and clubman attitude. He is as likely as anyone in this pool to captain an AFL team.

Best traits similar to: Toby Greene

• Wow

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

5. Josh Rachele​

Rachele is unique in his highlight-reel play combined with best-in-class leadership. A leader of the Murray Bushrangers, the powerful small-medium forward plays above his height with gravity-defying aerial exploits, and weaves his way through trouble with ball in hand to snap freakish goals. He also pushes through the midfield and bursts through packs with serious power. All of that makes him a bonafide top pick, but what solidifies it is his huge character and clubman attitude. He is as likely as anyone in this pool to captain an AFL team.

im guessing that means we are SA

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Perception is weird.
On the comparison, you’d argue Sinn is at least the equal of Callaghan if not better.
And seems to have more midfield exposure than Finn. And has leadership ability. What am I missing?
Have a feeling Tigers are very keen on Sinn. And he’s very gettable at 15.
That article was written before Callaghan went into the midfield and killed it.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

5. Josh Rachele​

Very classy. Think he gets overlooked a bit for the fact he’s considered a small forward but he’s spent a bit of time in the midfield for the Bushrangers this year -not the least of which was when he was matched up on Daicos v the Chargers.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Very classy. Think he gets overlooked a bit for the fact he’s considered a small forward but he’s spent a bit of time in the midfield for the Bushrangers this year -not the least of which was when he was matched up on Daicos v the Chargers.
Wasn't he under 16 All Australian rover? Another one who slightly reminds me of a mix of Zac Butters and Zach Bailey.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

5. Josh Rachele​

Seriously different rankings from others. I haven't seen Rachele that high in any other set of rankings. I have him in that 9-20 space which is a raffle at the moment.

Feb 25, 2007
Seriously different rankings from others. I haven't seen Rachele that high in any other set of rankings. I have him in that 9-20 space which is a raffle at the moment.

Correct. The latest power rankings have him at 9 but I wouldn't be grabbing a small forward (yes he's classy) with our first pick. Must be a key forward (Amiss) or key back (Gibcus won't get to us) or a mid

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
That article was written before Callaghan went into the midfield and killed it.
Apparently the midfield sample size you talk about is 3 games whilst Simm was injured, averaging 30.0 disposals, 4.7 clearances and 5.3 score involvements.
Very impressive numbers but only across 3 games.
Makes me believe Simm is not that far behind him.
Then there’s Tyler Sonsie!!

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Apparently the midfield sample size you talk about is 3 games whilst Simm was injured, averaging 30.0 disposals, 4.7 clearances and 5.3 score involvements.
Very impressive numbers but only across 3 games.
Makes me believe Simm is not that far behind him.
Then there’s Tyler Sonsie!!
Callaghan played six games and won Sandy's B&F with 76 votes. Sinn played five and came equal 10th with 14 votes. The eye test tells me there's a difference.

Sonsie is ahead of Sinn for me, yes.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ive got a heavy bias against the outside blokes.

and i reckon its vindicated more often than not.

Dylan Stephens a case in point. Looked a million buck wingman as an 18 yo. Top 10 i think? Now swans looking to move on.

there will be notable exceptions, but i reckon you could improve your strikerate simply by excluding blokes who have played plenty of footy, without much contested ball.

youde have to clarify with coaches. Ive seen contested mid kids instructed to hold width on a wing in the seniors. Standard stuff. But there should be contested ball in the body of work imho.

youve got to be able to get the footy, no matter how quick you are or how far you can kick

Reactions: 5 users