2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Correct. The latest power rankings have him at 9 but I wouldn't be grabbing a small forward (yes he's classy) with our first pick. Must be a key forward (Amiss) or key back (Gibcus won't get to us) or a mid

Toby Greene is classified as a small forward but if you could start a new team now he would be the second player picked after Dusty.
At pick 7 - forget about the position. You choose best available.

Reactions: 4 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Best available at our first pick and at 15 there will be sliders.26 and 28 get 2 KP players.Wouldn’t mind midfielders who a 185cm plus give us a bit of height there.

Feb 25, 2007
Toby Greene is classified as a small forward but if you could start a new team now he would be the second player picked after Dusty.
At pick 7 - forget about the position. You choose best available.

True best available but with Greene you're making this comment based on hindsight. There's always a slider and I don't think he'll be the best at our pick because the best available hypothetically speaking out of these 3 id have Amiss (KF) and Erasmus (Mid) ahead of Rachele (Fwd)

Last edited:

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
I mentioned this on the Tarrant thread. I have a feeling Clarke is a huge fan of Van Rooyen. I think we take him with Geelongs pick especially if we go mid with pick 7.
I like this with his ability to to play both ends which generally means ,very high chance of making it.

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Dunno, Chuck. I'd need to see more of them. JVR can play forward, but I think Bazzo has spent time there too.
I wish I could find the draft write up that listed players strengths and weaknesses,was a fantastic read that gave u a much better gauge that someone quoting stats and good games played

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Any reason why we aren’t talking up Rachele for our first pick?

5. Josh Rachele​

Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country | Forward/Midfielder

11/04/2003 | 180cm | 78kg

NAB League: 4 games | 18.5 disp | 2.7 goals

Rachele is unique in his highlight-reel play combined with best-in-class leadership. A leader of the Murray Bushrangers, the powerful small-medium forward plays above his height with gravity-defying aerial exploits, and weaves his way through trouble with ball in hand to snap freakish goals. He also pushes through the midfield and bursts through packs with serious power. All of that makes him a bonafide top pick, but what solidifies it is his huge character and clubman attitude. He is as likely as anyone in this pool to captain an AFL team.

Best traits similar to: Toby Greene

Only thing is he's a young Bolton and will take time but with leadership potential,will he play midfield at afl level.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Van Rooyen 4 goals for Claremont v Swan Districts today in their Colts semi final. Bazzo playing for Swans.

Reactions: 5 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Im not sure we need to worry about the 1st pick.

They will take best available.

Bringing in Tarrant means that massive issue we had with KPD no longer exists. That is not to say Gibcus or JVR would be good enough to play in 2022 anyway.

In a strange sort of way bringing in Tarrant and declaring our expectations for 2022 means something else as well. It means that drafting players that will have an immediate impact make more sense. That means that as the 2021 draft shapes as a midfielders draft, I expect us to take some that can make an immediate impact. in 2021

Reactions: 5 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
I would have no issue using Pick 15 on him.

sounds like he may be gone by then.

Big game player, proven as KPD and KPF, athletic and 195cm.

What am I missing here, why is this guy not someone we may call out at Pick 7 (9)

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Van Rooyen 4 goals for Claremont v Swan Districts today in their Colts semi final. Bazzo playing for Swans.
He's played back been BOG , he's played forward and kicked bags. Really can't be doing much more at the moment.

Strong Oscar Allen vibes.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
sounds like he may be gone by then.

Big game player, proven as KPD and KPF, athletic and 195cm.

What am I missing here, why is this guy not someone we may call out at Pick 7 (9)
All depends if a Ward, Hobbs or Gibcus is there at 7. But you are right he is definitely coming home with a bullet.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
He's ranging 20-30 so will be there for second pick for sure
I wouldn't believe that now. I reckon JVR is 9-18 range as well. There will be so little footy played between now and the draft, every good performance will be amplified. 50-50 to be there at our second pick.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I wouldn't believe that now. I reckon JVR is 9-18 range as well. There will be so little footy played between now and the draft, every good performance will be amplified. 50-50 to be there at our second pick.
I think he might be gone to West Coast.

I will be watching him closely this weekend against SA.

Reactions: 1 users