2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
West coast have picks 10,29 and have a aging midfield as well so could depend on WA kids still available at pick 10 such as Erasmus,Amiss, Williams.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Just looking at Van Rooyen and what might happen after our pick.

St KIlda- could pair him up with King, need a tall defender.
Essendon- Took forwards last year but with Hooker and Hurley aging, there's a real chance.
Sydney- Think they look at midfield.
GWS - second pick, they need a forward and a back so I think this is the prime landing spot.
Brisbane- probably not, think they need more class and runners. Think Rochelle is perfect for them.

There are three clubs that are in the market for talls by my reckoning, I think if he plays well this week there is no chance he is available at our second pick. For me GWS definitely go tall at their second pick and JVR looks the fit.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Just looking at Van Rooyen and what might happen after our pick.

St KIlda- could pair him up with King, need a tall defender.
Essendon- Took forwards last year but with Hooker and Hurley aging, there's a real chance.
Sydney- Think they look at midfield.
GWS - second pick, they need a forward and a back so I think this is the prime landing spot.
Brisbane- probably not, think they need more class and runners. Think Rochelle is perfect for them.

There are three clubs that are in the market for talls by my reckoning, I think if he plays well this week there is no chance he is available at our second pick. For me GWS definitely go tall at their second pick and JVR looks the fit.
Trade next year's first to Saints for their pick 9.
They might look at getting King's brother from GC and would need multiple first

Then we can get mid then tall

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Trade next year's first to Saints for their pick 9.
They might look at getting King's brother from GC and would need multiple first

Then we can get mid then tall
I have a better idea: why don't we look at getting King's brother.

Reactions: 5 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Joel Trugdeon from the Knights is worth a look. Leader, hard worker, gets the ball, unsure what he testing history is, but is definitely worth a closer look once we get past our first few picks.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Joel Trugdeon from the Knights is worth a look. Leader, hard worker, gets the ball, unsure what he testing history is, but is definitely worth a closer look once we get past our first few picks.
I had Joel Fitzgerald - 186cm - 73 kg - Knights/VIC as another one from the Knights to look at, what do you think of him?

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I like it but there are murmurs around him coming back to play along side his brother.
They are both the same type of player, it won't work. Like having 2 full forwards, Roach & Taylor, Roach & Teasdale. Getting King to Richmond is ideal. on another note: Gold coast wants to swap their first rounder for multiples in the first round. this tells us there is a great opportunity for Richmond to use (potentially 4 second rounders into 2 first rounders. if we can get 4 quality kids at 3,7,15 & ?, this will set us up for years, then go specific selecting gap fills when they retire.

Reactions: 1 users